What's new

1800w CHRONIC grow

BigPhil

Veteran
i dont have any trouble keeping the tent cool. but i would think 1 600 and 1 400 would be better than a single 1k.. no?

I was tossing around the idea of either adding a 600 to my other 600 to replace the 400, or putting the 600 and 400 back in my old tent, 3.2x3.2, that would be like 98 watts per sqft.

thanks for the advice.
how do u like the chronic strain? i was thinking about purchasing it

2 600w would be better then 1 1000w and cheeper to run, as there only 600w u can get them alot closer, and it would be better as the lights would overlap in the middle making the lumens stronger, say 2 feet away 1000w 35.000 lumens, 600w 2 feet away 22.500 lumens x 2 where light overlaps 45.000 lumens :joint:

bterzz

Veteran
Day 22-

As you can tell, some look great, some look like the one pictured with the problems.

Any input on what problem it might be??

It looks like it has stopped getting worst once I started using tap water. I'm pretty sure it was a cal/mag deficiency.

Anyways, I added some Grandmas Molasses tonight to my watering to give some carbs and extra cal/mag.

I'm going to pick up some BIG BUD and Overdrive tomorrow. Big Bud through weeks 3-4.5, OVERDRIVE for 4.5-6.5, FLUSH weeks 6.5-9

Sound about right??

Thanks in advanced!

Attachments

• 112.JPG
    112.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 1121.JPG
    1121.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 1122.JPG
    1122.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 7

BigPhil

Veteran
i try and flush every 2 weeks, keep saltbuild ups to a minium, but thats me, think alot of people only flush during the last 2 weeks, your plants look awsome good luck

Dnutz

been lurking around your thread watching contently! Plants look amazing! I have fresh sprouts of Chronic just out of the dirt today so im anxious to see what you pull off them bad girls! Keep it green my friend!

Dnutz

BigPhil

Veteran
as for your leafs it look like to me that i could be one of 2 things, potassium deficiency or manganese deficiency.

i have a pack of critical mass, should yeild about the same so im looking forward to see the outcome also :joint:

bterzz

Veteran
Hey Big Phil, what is a good way to get some supplemental potassium?

thanks for the response!

Technique

Hola, heres that image :)

Like i said i have a few more photos of the others. but none have been outside and gotten into flowering..

i did however get that male i said before and pollinate a white widow i had turn to flower early on too.. (must remember not to put plants out so early next year)

Attachments

• chronic.jpg
    chronic.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 5

bterzz

Veteran
She's pretty!! Although, it is hard to tell at such a young age. I believe there is a "VERY indica" dominant leaf, a very skinny sativa dominant leaf, and a few inbetween.

Go for the ones in-between, in my opinion.

I personally didn't do the PHENO-selecting on my Chronics so i'm not really sure what to look for early-on.

Let that bitch grow and then compare/contrast with my pictures.

Keep up the good work!

bterzz

Veteran
ohhh nice!! Maybe thats my problem!! What if I give it a HIT of something with a SUPER SUPER HIGH k

like, 0-12-54.

Does that look like Nutrient burn to anyone else?? Last night I looked at my ladies and most of them seemed to be getting the problem..

I was supposed to go pick up nutes today but I am very sick. But I still might cuz I need them bad.

BigPhil

Veteran
or mix wood ashes into the water when u feed, it has a very high ph thou so ull need to lower it after, this is the only way i know how to get supplemental potassium

bterzz

Veteran
Everyone had me thinking it was a cal/mag deficiency, or maybe some nutrient burn...but guess what Big Phil?? You were absolutely 100% correct.
Or so I think. I'm getting some food with NPK and I'm gonna continue feeding with my TAP water.

Mag deficiency
19753Zinc-Manganese.jpg

Potassium deficiency!! (BINGO)
19753Potassium.jpg

BigPhil

Veteran
thats cool im glad i got somthing right hahahaha. i thought on your pics it looked liked they need some K. Nice1 glad of been of some help :D

Technique

Cheers, i've put her into veg again hopefully.. under my fluro's :)

hope you get your problem sorted! i really really want to see how it goes! sorry i cant be of any help.. i was an outdoor dirt farmer with little problems ever before i moved inside haha..

going on my other seedlings. and in the system i have 3-4 different looking ones.. none really sexed yet tho other than the small one you saw..

bterzz

Veteran
Ok rumor has it, it IS a magnesium deficiency.

I picked up some Epsom salt. Hopefully I can fix the problem b4 I ruin my crop. Things are getting worst daily, thats for sure.

bterzz

Veteran
some good pictures. some bad. fed with some epsom salt tonight to try and help fix my situation.

pic1)bad
pic2)good/bad
pic3)pretty

Attachments

• Purp Afghan X East Coast Sour D
    Purp Afghan X East Coast Sour D
    95.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 10051.JPG
    10051.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 10054.JPG
    10054.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 6
hi bterzz. Nice grow you got going. It's looking really good. On 11/4 you posted some pictures from a book showing some nutrient problems and how to solve them. If you don't mind could you share the name of the book or the author? It appears to be very informative, especially for a beginning grower like myself.

Latest posts

Latest posts