What's new

1800W 72 plant HPA vertical grow

My rooms had 3-600`s stacked with small muffin fans on their lowest speed assisting natural heat convection go up and out of the rooms with air exchange twice per minute.....

My interior sq ftg with 1' angled racks and angled corners with everything that wasn`t green covered in reflectix was less than 36 sq ft with 50 watts per sq ft thereabouts , but both rooms exhausted into lung rooms with perfect environment created with a/c`s and dehuey`s as needed depending on time of yr.....

Google Heath Robinson`s vertical racks , and guaranteed you`ll find pics and threads to read through , but his setups were recirculating hydro , and mine were DTW coco fed once a day till end of stretch , then twice a day till end of cycle....that said......

I see where the pipes can`t be extended for net support but hopefully your cooltubes will prevent any heat scorching/light bleaching in late bloomage....

I used # 5 smartpots for my setups , and although the bags were completely full of roots by end of stretch , I only wanted 1-1/2 oz pruned , shaped , and trimmed out 30-32" plants , and how big your rooted cuts get before pulling the trigger will determine how close to the light source you get first run after complete stretch is over...and...

Let em get as close to the cooltubes as possible without scorching and bleaching for max penetration , yield , and swellage all the way through each plant.......anyways...

Good luck....DHF....:ying:....

Our setups have some similarities. Thanks for chiming in. Basil is going in shortly to check for growth patterns related to spray pattern. Let me me know what you think!

Day one.. All clones are well rooted and ready for the chamber. Initial spray timing is on 3 seconds off for 8 minutes. I've already ordered an accumulator tank because it takes to long to power up the sprayers and you really want it spraying 1 sec sub 1sec. Hopefully it gets here soon.

Humidity is maintained at 99% and temperatures are about 3* below ambient. Right now that's 88* but "fall" is approaching so I'm sure it will just swing the opposite. For now all is good we will see what happens.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Note to self. 135* and 86% humidity inside your growing chamber is a bad idea. I would have to increase feedings and run a drain to keep up with the demands of the heat outside here. I had no idea it would get that hot inside the chamber.. Oh well live and learn.

My accumulator tank is on the way so that will allow me to run very rapid spray times and more frequently. I don't expect it the plants to thrive with the addition of the tank but maybe do better.

Although the massive increase in temp from the evening before 135*/88* was not expected, In the least this is a lesson in extremes.. It's valuable info non the less.

Last edited:
I tested this pretty heavily and learned quite a bit. A. this would never work outdoors where i had it setup initially. B. This setup does not like varying temperatures. I will be setting this up inside my new grow room in February and trying it again.

I think my temp sensor was way off.. china sensor FTL. Also i added an accumulator tank and a solenoid. I found out that 1 sec on 4 minutes off is the best way to get fuzzy roots. That is all i have for now. Ill do a better job of documenting in February.

p0opstlnksal0t

quite possibly the cutest dogs ive ever seen!

My rooms had 3-600`s stacked with small muffin fans on their lowest speed assisting natural heat convection go up and out of the rooms with air exchange twice per minute.....

My interior sq ftg with 1' angled racks and angled corners with everything that wasn`t green covered in reflectix was less than 36 sq ft with 50 watts per sq ft thereabouts , but both rooms exhausted into lung rooms with perfect environment created with a/c`s and dehuey`s as needed depending on time of yr.....

Google Heath Robinson`s vertical racks , and guaranteed you`ll find pics and threads to read through , but his setups were recirculating hydro , and mine were DTW coco fed once a day till end of stretch , then twice a day till end of cycle....that said......

I see where the pipes can`t be extended for net support but hopefully your cooltubes will prevent any heat scorching/light bleaching in late bloomage....

I used # 5 smartpots for my setups , and although the bags were completely full of roots by end of stretch , I only wanted 1-1/2 oz pruned , shaped , and trimmed out 30-32" plants , and how big your rooted cuts get before pulling the trigger will determine how close to the light source you get first run after complete stretch is over...and...

Let em get as close to the cooltubes as possible without scorching and bleaching for max penetration , yield , and swellage all the way through each plant.......anyways...

Good luck....DHF....
ying.gif

were you running them in cool tubes? i have a similar design i will be building soon but i plan on running philips 3100k 315 cmh bare bulb.

Latest posts

Latest posts