What's new

18,000 watt sealed flower room build.

DrKanobie

Day 54 and everything has been going great. It has been hot and humid around here the past few weeks, but my room vitals have remained stable. My a/c units have been working awesome! I did just get a $1,500 energy bill, but I was expecting that.

N

noyd666

<A href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=52584&pictureid=1295262" target=_blank abp="1017">View Image</A abp="1019">

Day 54 and everything has been going great. It has been hot and humid around here the past few weeks, but my room vitals have remained stable. My a/c units have been working awesome! I did just get a $1,500 energy bill, but I was expecting that.
:tiphat:looks very good in that room mate, do you get power bill monthly or every quarter over there?:biggrin:

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Good to hear all is humming along. I'm guessing because you are in a warehouse your AC's are running 24/7. My experience working in warehouses is once they heat up in the summer they never really cool down till fall.

I'd still be a little nervous if the AC's didn't have to come on during lights off that the RH would spike to the 90's real quick.

Thanks for the update and best of luck getting this round down problem free.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
damn only 1500 for 20kw worth of power thats a DEAL! lol….. for a 20kw + ACs in CA you would be looking at double the price...

zeet

Veteran
Hi Dr, I was wondering if there is a reason you decided to go with the window bangers instead of a mini split? The cost shouldn't be an issue with what you've already put into this build and the benefit....
I run a 6000k sealed and I use a 3 ton mini split and have 2 dehumidifiers running to keep things in check. I can't imagine that those window units would be nearly as tight of control as a mini split...not to mention the humidity issues that would surely pop up with that many plants. Shit I was spiking RH like crazy when I only had one dehumidifier...

Respect on your build though, nice planning and good craftsmanship for sure.

grow nerd

Veteran
damn only 1500 for 20kw worth of power thats a DEAL! lol….. for a 20kw + ACs in CA you would be looking at double the price...

Damn only 2x, that's a DEAL, you must have commercial power. With residential I would expect about 4-5x as expensive with PG&E vs DTE.

DrKanobie

Hey everyone,

Ive been super busy these last couple of weeks with harvesting my room , cleaning, making new clones, etc... However, I am finally getting back around to my computer and i will be posting some harvest pictures these next few days. I snapped a picture of some of the skywalker og I have right in front of me just so you guys can get an idea of what some of my nugs look like.

DrKanobie

Hi Dr, I was wondering if there is a reason you decided to go with the window bangers instead of a mini split? The cost shouldn't be an issue with what you've already put into this build and the benefit....
I run a 6000k sealed and I use a 3 ton mini split and have 2 dehumidifiers running to keep things in check. I can't imagine that those window units would be nearly as tight of control as a mini split...not to mention the humidity issues that would surely pop up with that many plants. Shit I was spiking RH like crazy when I only had one dehumidifier...

Respect on your build though, nice planning and good craftsmanship for sure.

My window units worked great this run. I have had no issues with humidity at all, things stayed around 45%. We chose window units because we built rooms inside of a room and we are able to efficiently exhaust the heat.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
That skywalker og looks fantastic. I can't wait to see how your plants turned out. Did you hit the yield numbers you thought you would?

-Funk

theother

More than that's! It blows me away how nice the utility rates are other places. That would be nearly 5k at standard rates and maybe 3500 on the best commercial rate plan in most of cali.

grow nerd

Veteran
You either "proved wrong" all the nay-sayers, or made up a good story. Either way, congrats.

Is the second room close to harvest yet?

Hey Doc, I gotta post my first post here (I'm a newb here) saying congrats on your first chop, looks great and I love your room

Latest posts

Latest posts