What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1600 healthy/now dead

Mr. Tony

Veteran
I adopted my dog from the aspca, and have adopted several cats from the street.

I plan on getting a buckskin pit puppy when I'm done with school.

spirit of grass

I wish for world free of dogs and cats. They might be valuble to protect home or hunt mouse, but in city they pop and pee everywhere, bite children, bark etc... Yet I don't know how can people enjoy walking a dog and taking his pop in their hands. And walking that damn dog every day and cleaning his shit and letting them pee everywhere. Is a health issue that most people ignore. They are brainwashed by media and rich who make money on pets.

W

Weedman Herb

I'm betting there's a few Extinct or Near to Extinct animal populations who wish for a people free world ... They make Pooper Scoopers ... and on that note ... How does properly disposing of your dogs poop= "A Health Issue Most People Ignore"? It sounds like you need to live away from People and their pets. Maybe I missed your point ...

guest3589

I wish for world free of dogs and cats. They might be valuble to protect home or hunt mouse, but in city they pop and pee everywhere, bite children, bark etc... Yet I don't know how can people enjoy walking a dog and taking his pop in their hands. And walking that damn dog every day and cleaning his shit and letting them pee everywhere. Is a health issue that most people ignore. They are brainwashed by media and rich who make money on pets.

Well I have to tell you that this sounds a bit silly to me as I have seen dogs save lives and they are the kind of animal that provide serious life services for truly disabled people. The kind of service that can enable a person to live a life that is a world away from the isolation an dependency they would be forced to endure without service animals. The amount of empathy a dog can display has proven shocking to me before I really understood the depth of their bond with human companions. I would take a bet you have never owned your own dog or had them as a child. I never met a person that felt the same as you who also experienced owning a dog.

I think your issues are really with people not just animals. I also think that if you want a sanitized world to live in your headed for disappointment. I'm thinking every time you flush your toilet your inhaling a fine mist of urine, water and fecal matter, just like everyone else with a flush toilet.:2cents:

NOKUY

Veteran

you cant be serious?

were/are you the "boy in the bubble"?

ep_00043793_l.jpg

wow that's fucking horrible. pits are seriously the best dogs IMO...it's sad that they're also the most euthanized dog in the usa...the most loyal dog is the most euthanized...horrible...if there's such thing as heaven, animals would be the ones there...

IDK about the most loyal dog bro. How many instances have their been of pits attacking their owner, owners family, kids, etc. I don't understand why so many people love pit bulls.

EDIT- and here is some factual evidence to back that up:

A comprehensive study by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention concluded that the pit bull breeds are the breed most often involved in fatal dog attacks in the U.S. Out of 238 dog bite deaths for which the breed was known from 1979 to 1998, 66 were caused by pit bull attacks (over 20%), more than any other breed.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/duip/dogbreeds.pdf

Exactly why they are banned in many U.S. cities.

Last edited:

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
u r a human. no dog should scare u.....period

Sorry but, I have to call complete bullshit on this one. The reason there are 1400 pits going down in this guy's town is 1400 idiots bought and trained their dogs to provide the manhood they so obviously lacked and then lost control of them. I don't blame the dogs but, a healthy fear of trained psychos is a good thing.

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
A comprehensive study by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention concluded that the pit bull breeds are the breed most often involved in fatal dog attacks in the U.S. Out of 238 dog bite deaths for which the breed was known from 1979 to 1998, 66 were caused by pit bull attacks (over 20%), more than any other breed.

I always say statistics are for the uninformed and unexperieced, of course they are responsible for most dog bite deaths, they are one of the few breeds that are strong enough to kill, that doesn't make them killers.
Let's put it this way, if you counted how many children where bit by shishi toy breed dogs you'd be left scratching your head, it's always the 20lbs or less little fuckers that nip, bite, and are generally ill behaved.
I am all about Doberman's and Westies but Pits and Rotty's in the right hands are the best friends and guardians of the home a grower can ever hope to find.
My friend had a Rot, once when my friends where away he actually let me in the house...then he sat by the door and would not let me leave lol, that's not a dangerous breed that's a damn fine security system.

i nevver really became a big dog fan myself...but i could see myself becoming one if i had one for a while.

im mainly looking into them for a birthday present to somebody coz i know he'd rly want 1. is it easy to get really welll trained defense/attack dogs to do stuff at your command? never really looked into it

guest3589

I always say statistics are for the uninformed and unexperieced, of course they are responsible for most dog bite deaths, they are one of the few breeds that are strong enough to kill, that doesn't make them killers.
Let's put it this way, if you counted how many children where bit by shishi toy breed dogs you'd be left scratching your head, it's always the 20lbs or less little fuckers that nip, bite, and are generally ill behaved.

I agree with your position on this as my experience seems to follow yours here.

I am all about Doberman's and Westies but Pits and Rotty's in the right hands are the best friends and guardians of the home a grower can ever hope to find.
My friend had a Rot, once when my friends where away he actually let me in the house...then he sat by the door and would not let me leave lol, that's not a dangerous breed that's a damn fine security system.

Well this is not the first time I have heard of Rotties doing this, they apparently will let you in but not out. They are clever to realize that they can intimidate and control with simple body placement, spooky when a very large dog decides to body block you at the door no?

guest3589

IDK about the most loyal dog bro. How many instances have their been of pits attacking their owner, owners family, kids, etc. I don't understand why so many people love pit bulls.

EDIT- and here is some factual evidence to back that up:

http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/duip/dogbreeds.pdf

Exactly why they are banned in many U.S. cities.

Thats an interesting look into the data there but lets take another look at that document and see what the authors have to say in the summory shall we?
Another concern is that a ban on a specific breed
might cause people who want a dangerous dog to simply
turn to another breed for the same qualities they
sought in the original dog (eg, large size, aggression
easily fostered). Breed-specific legislation does not
address the fact that a dog of any breed can become
dangerous when bred or trained to be aggressive.

I see this idea again and again in the document, the data only supports current trends in dog ownership, the data is not complete etc. etc.

I.E.
DBRF have varied over time. Pinckney and Kennedy13
studied human DBRF from May 1975 through April
1980 and listed the following breeds as responsible for
the indicated number of deaths: German Shepherd Dog
(n = 16); Husky-type dog (9); Saint Bernard (8); Bull
Terrier (6); Great Dane (6); Malamute (5); Golden
Retriever (3); Boxer (2); Dachshund (2); Doberman
Pinscher (2); Collie (2); Rottweiler (1); Basenji (1);
Chow Chow (1); Labrador Retriever (1); Yorkshire
Terrier (1); and mixed and unknown breed (15). As
ascertained from our data, between 1979 and 1980,
Great Danes caused the most reported human DBRF;
between 1997 and 1998, Rottweilers and pit bull-type
dogs were responsible for about 60% of human DBRF.
Indeed, since 1975, dogs belonging to more than 30
breeds have been responsible for fatal attacks on people,
including Dachshunds, a Yorkshire Terrier, and a
Labrador Retriever.

A Yorkie and a Lab.....no way!

look at it the way it is presented at the American Humane Association web site:
http://www.americanhumane.org/about-us/newsroom/fact-sheets/dog-bites.html

Which states this:
Fact Sheets
Dog bites

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the American Veterinary Medical Association:

* Every 40 seconds someone in the United States seeks medical attention for a dog bite-related injury.
* Dog attacks cause 4.5 million injuries annually, 800,000 of which require medical attention.
* At least 25 different breeds of dogs have been involved in the 238 dog bite-related fatalities in the United States.
* Pit bulls and rottweilers account for over half of these deaths.
* 24% of human deaths involve unrestrained dogs off of their owners' property.
* 58% of human deaths involved unrestrained dogs on their owners' property.

Dogs can be a danger to children! What parents should know.

* Children under 15 years of age are the most common victims, making up approximately 70% of all dog bite victims.
* Dog bites are a greater health problem for children than measles, mumps, and whooping cough combined.
* Young boys between the ages of five and nine are the most frequent victims.

Breed-specific legislation

These alarming statistics have caused many communities across the country to enact breed-specific legislation that prohibits people from owning some breeds of dogs, such as pit bulls. American Humane understands that any breed of dog can bite, and as such, believes that breed-specific legislation does not effectively protect the community from dangerous animals. Legislation banning particular breeds can unnecessarily discriminate against dogs that are not dangerous, and does little to protect the community from dog bite incidents. Such legislation can often have unintended consequences, such as black market interest, indiscriminant breeding practices, and subsequent overpopulation issues. Additionally, there can be confusion when dealing with "mixed-breed" dogs, which can make legislation difficult to enforce. Therefore, American Humane supports local legislation to protect communities from dangerous animals, but does not advocate laws that target specific breeds of dogs.

The pit bull is a type of dog bred for fighting, not a specific breed. Responsibly bred and owned, the American Staffordshire Terrier and the Staffordshire Bull Terrier -- often referred to as pit bulls -- are not fighting dogs.

I was attacked and bitten by a pit bull last year that knew who I was & I was friendly with. I was in an altercation with his master and had basically mounted the guy and started the shoulder twist hammer fist when the animal bit me with force in my calf.

It was an critical action and the dog had done a very important thing, he saved his master from a serious physical situation. The dog bite pierced my calf and while it didn't disable me or cause me to fall I had to shift my attention to the dog and defend myself there, he split from reach as I attempted to kick him away. The dog never really came at me again since there was no need by this time third party's had arrived on scene and prevented any further escalation.

This chump ex neighbor ran up to me and attacked me with his presence. He shouted in my face and continued issuing serious threats at an increasing volume. As the situation escalated despite any action I could make I decided to oblige his hostility in kind. We scuffled about and I almost got the wrong end of the deal when I was able to reverse the situation and mount him. I was very beside myself with rage and could have easily broken his cheek bone, eye socket or worse if I had continued to punch him bare fisted like this.

The situation was out of control and us boys were really acting ridiculous as only men can do. This dog's action completely ended the altercation left me relatively no worse for the wear and successfully defended his masters in a much needed situation.

I will always respect that dog and even made peace with him later. In the end the animal had done the right thing and waited until it needed to be done before getting involved. THat guy will always be a jerk in my mind but he treated his animal with love and respect and look how that pit took care of him!

I think any other weapon besides a dog with strong social understanding would have been a disaster and changed lives forever. This dog had the capacity for this level of interaction and understanding and was the best tool for the job.

Animals are capable of quite an astonishing level of emotion and empathy and I think the termination of these animals like flipping so many light switches is a disgrace. At least slaughter house animals die for a cause, to provide sustenance, the dogs and cats are just burned in incinerators creating more carbon emissions.

I can admit that I underestimated the number of dog bites each year but the number that are fatal seems to me not even significant when compared to the number of bites.

Dog bite related fatality of all dog bites. Shall we make this into the mole hill it is? ~500 people died in twenty years, guess what that's a good stat in my eyes and accounts for 0.00001% of ALL DOG BITES.

When you compound that with the simple fact the 70% or more of attacks are on children then your looking at a situation where perhaps there could have been some supervision. Now when we look at the amount of attacks that were fatal that included dogs that were improperly restrained or controlled you find that almost all fatalities were a direct result of a failure of humans to act responsibly.

Lets kill 1600 dogs a week in each city & ban all the big ones with sharp teeth so that we don't have 500 deaths every quarter century shall we? Oh wait I guess with the Yourkies and Labs around there will always be some to pick up the slack.

Haters can hate until the world turns red but it wont make dogs into bad animals, lol.

Last edited:

guest3589

A good loving family dog will keep you covered

A good loving family dog will keep you covered

i nevver really became a big dog fan myself...but i could see myself becoming one if i had one for a while.

im mainly looking into them for a birthday present to somebody coz i know he'd rly want 1. is it easy to get really welll trained defense/attack dogs to do stuff at your command? never really looked into it

Attack dogs are a weapon and must always be treated as such, why not get a dog that is knee high or bigger and love the hell out of it? Every dog I ever owned would growl a little if me and my friends were wrestling around a little too ambitiously just to be sure we stayed cool, and that's a lot of dogs my friend. I get a new one every time they break my heart and die :( which IMO is the hardest part about dogs, they don't really last a long time for an adult. My childhood dog however was a big black lab and was glued to my side from age five until he passed when I was thirteen, he was my best friend man and would open his mouth and gently put his mouth on my fathers leg or arm if he tickled my step mother a little too amorously and she started the laughing cackle that people can get worked into with tickles.

My big ole Golden Dobbie mix was perhaps the most goofy loving animal of the lot with the most impressive size and he would do the exact same thing if I tickled my ex a little over the top as well. Even now my little border collie bitch will get in the middle of me and my wife when the tickling gets out of hand.

A female dog is more protective and less likely to 'miss fire' than a male but the males always look so much more intimidating. A first time dog owner really shouldn't have a dog that isn't neutered without attending some kind of class with the dog.

If you get a dog from a shelter you can take your pick for like $35 and they really get it that your saving them, they are very clever. Not to mention that you will want to pick a dog from a group of people who don't have selling dogs as their motive and a shelter is perfect for that they can often help get a good match.

A dog that loves you will die for you before they would think twice.

The_Leader

Non-Hilocentric
Sorry but, I have to call complete bullshit on this one. The reason there are 1400 pits going down in this guy's town is 1400 idiots bought and trained their dogs to provide the manhood they so obviously lacked and then lost control of them. I don't blame the dogs but, a healthy fear of trained psychos is a good thing.

lol....ur funny.

nephilthim

Put it all on the shoulders of the people...

Its the fault of humans, some people are to stupid to own a pet, and they shouldnt. I cant tell you how many of the neighbors cats I see just walking around screwing each other and pushing out kittens that nobody wants.

My next door neighbor just went and bought a puppy...that dont leash it, watch it when its outside, or anything..they just let it run, like its not going to take off and end up at the pound.

I have many stories like this, but the bottom line is people are irresponsible and its ridiculous. I now have 2 dogs and a cat, all of them were saved from the pound...get it together people.

- Jenn
and on this point i would add a codecil to bob barkers will :in addition to spay and neutering your pets please add yourself and any children.cats,dogs ,and people the world would be better off with less of all three.

Latest posts

Latest posts