What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

150w HPS stealth and silent cabinet

boomerang

I grew for many years with a HPS 400W, but my new apartment doesn't offer me this possibility. So I decided to build a micro-grow cabinet in my bedroom, but I wanted it hideable and silent.

This is the cabinet in stealth mode:

Normally the wardrobe door is open to let air circulate:

And the cabinet inside:

The result is pretty good, thanks to the noise absorbent the noise is just like from a computer, but the temperature is a little bit high, 6 or 7°C above the ambient air. Not a problem in winter but before the next summer I expect to replace my HPS by LEDs.

The characteristics are:

- HPS 150W
- Bloom room: 46cm wide, 40 cm length, 120cm height (1,5'*1,31'*3,9')
- Cloning room: 22cm wide, 40cm length, 30cm height (0,72'*1,31'*1')
- Bubblers home-made hydroponic system for both rooms
- 90m3/h extractor on the top
- Home-made carbon filter
- 4 * 80mm intake PC fans
- SCROG
- H&G A+B Aquaflakes, H&G PK 13-14, H&G Bud XL, reverse osmosis water

I currently have only one plant in blooming phase but for the next sessions I will put 2 or 3 plants.

I would like to say you more about my grow, but pictures speak english better than me ! More detailed pictures:

Let's see the construction, I should have take more pictures, but at this time I hadn't the grow diary idea. The cabinet is 10mm MDF made, all surfaces are covered with a sound absorbent called Gedicoustic, I sticked it with neopren glue.

The carbon filter:

OG_Jaapie

Hi Boomerang,

Your cabin looks really nice and when closed very stealth! :D Also the clone's place looks great, what kind of light you've got hanging there?
What LED light are you planning to grow under?

:wave:

boomerang

There is a Philips Daylight 18w CFL for the growroom, there is also a PCI fan that we don't see on pictures, it looks like this one:
yhst-39083765508394_2075_313317634

For the Led light, I don't know precisely yet, of course it will be homemade :D
I'm thinking about a watercooled array of leds, probably between 70W and 100W.

boomerang

I just took some pictures before and after sunrise, but the quality isn't very good...
We are 15 days after switching to 12H/12H, at this time the plant just reached the screen. I have cuted many leaves, but I'm not sure that's enough, what do you think ?

66900061.jpg

85193551.jpg

depending on how much more height you have, you may want to train those girls a lil more i looks like. your cab looks awesome, i love the stealth set up. i'll be watching this.

idontsmoke

Hey boomerang

My first impression was "Holy... he's got MJ wallpapers.:canabis: Where's stealth in that" then i figured it's probably bamboo or smt. :frown:
Tell us more about your carbon filter. Im dumb enough to not get how your filter works.
Your girl looks beautiful and healthy, but you might wanna train her a little more under that screen. Looks wild right now.

Good luck and enjoy your grow. Im subscribing for future updates.

boomerang

depending on how much more height you have, you may want to train those girls a lil more i looks like. your cab looks awesome, i love the stealth set up. i'll be watching this.

The girl can grow 15cm more without being burned by the HPS. Do you mean that if I remove more leaves, they will get taller ?

Hey boomerang

My first impression was "Holy... he's got MJ wallpapers.:canabis: Where's stealth in that" then i figured it's probably bamboo or smt. :frown:
Tell us more about your carbon filter. Im dumb enough to not get how your filter works.
Your girl looks beautiful and healthy, but you might wanna train her a little more under that screen. Looks wild right now.

Good luck and enjoy your grow. Im subscribing for future updates.

I discuss here to practice my english, but even after googling I don't understand your joke :frown:
I have not enough time this week-end, but I promise you that I will produce a schematic of the carbon filter soon.
The girl doesn't fill all the screen, but I would have spend more time in vegetating for that. With more plants, it will be easier to fill.

Very neat and impressive setup boom. lol. I think all of us stoners have cats.

Yeah I love cats, they have the way of life that every stoner would have !
But they are a nightmare when you are tinkering "Damn cat stop playing with my screws !" " Don't eat carbon that's not kibbles !"

removing the leaves wont make it grow taller, but it will stretch the first few weeks of 12/12. but i love the clean and organized grow.

boomerang

Hey guys
I give you some explanations about the homemade carbon filter. The black foam is cut from a range hood carbon filter, above it there are activated carbon granulars as you can find in a classic carbon filter.
The girl has now 3 flowering weeks and she doesn't smell outside the cabinet. So far the carbon filter is efficient, I hope it will work well until the harvest.

34883324.jpg

boomerang

Three out of six clones get roots. That's enough for the next session !:woohoo:

12377285.jpg

73654961.jpg

The red wire is here to supply 12V voltage to an underwater heating element made with 5*4,7 ohms 1W resistors inside heat shrink tubing. I try to keep the water between 22°C and 26°C.

boomerang

63 days 12/12 It's time to harvest !

11707239.jpg

12156990.jpg

45495882.jpg

I've got 746g wet, I'm satisfy because I expected less than 100g dry by using a 150W HPS and I think I will get more !

Vigil

Damn thats looks like a good pull boomerang. Def let me know dry weight on that. Lol the cat is on the prowl.