What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

Cobra420

Blumats and distribution drippers installed!! All seems to be coming along nicely.

picture.php

picture.php

Left side
picture.php

Right side
picture.php

Close up
picture.php

Thinking I may add another dripper or two depending on coverage. We'll see how it goes. This dual 150 cab is going to be pumping out plants soon!! Seed runs here we come!

uptosumpn

Veteran
Dual cabs looking ready! Great job! Gonna do a similar dual set up via a tent next month, but gonna kick it off with some autos, for now.

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
@Cobra420. What type of blumats did you use and can you post up a pic of your reservoir?

Been thinking about getting these myself but worried about water runoff...

Let us know how you like them after a few days/weeks :)

picture.php

picture.php

Cobra420

Dual cabs looking ready! Great job! Gonna do a similar dual set up via a tent next month, but gonna kick it off with some autos, for now.

Thank you! Can't wait to see your dual tent in action!! I plan on starting seeds this evening. If using 150's, be sure to post up your grow so we can see it. Best of luck.

@Cobra420. What type of blumats did you use and can you post up a pic of your reservoir?

Been thinking about getting these myself but worried about water runoff...

Let us know how you like them after a few days/weeks :)

View Image

View Image

I went with the Tropf Blumats. These are the ones that uses the ceramic to open and shut a valve on top of it. Water flows through tubing NOT through the ceramic. Sorry the box is in another language haha, that's how everything I've gotten for them have been.

picture.php

Here's what the sensor's most people prefer look like. Blumat Maxi's are extended and I've read are better for much larger containers, they sample much deeper in the soil. Then there are the Jr's which siphons the water through the ceramic. If you go with Blumats, you'll want plain old Tropf Blumats. Be sure they are NOT the Jr's.

picture.php

I got a 40 pack kit online for a SUPER great price! I want to say around 230ish shipped. + or - 15 or so bucks. I've found the 12 pack kits for around 60 bucks online without shipping.

As for the res, I could take a pic, but it would be a picture of our wet sink :biggrin: I decided since I'm using a water only mix, I would hook straight up to the tap using the provided pressure reducer. To avoid having to top off a res and all that. From what I've read, it seems to be the most reliable way. I'm assuming due to the high pressure. I ran white water line to the room the cabinet is in and used cable rokas to attach it to the baseboards. I think cable rokas were MADE for this lol the water line looks IDENTICAL to a cable line.

Just a word of warning though, we keep a good eye on things just to be safe, being hooked to our tap and all. So far, we have only had minor issues and they have ALL been failures on my part, if it wasn't for me messing with things, they would be working flawlessly to this day.

I've been using them in my 3 - 600w tents for a couple months now and I don't know how I did it without them. They have to be THE greatest investment I've made. So much more free time now. I get 0 run off (which you can turn up or down to get if wanted) have TONS of roots growing on the surface of the soil, no maintenance for watering and the plants are healthier than ever.

There is a brown knob at the top of each Blumat that controls the amount of water in your containers. I have started using the weight of the containers to determine if they are set correctly per the advise of peeps from the Blumat thread. After setting them up, every few days I check the weight of the containers and turn either up or down slightly until I reach the desired weight. So far, I have drip trays under my plants in the 600w tents, but they have been bone dry since I've started. You can dial in each plant to its own moisture content if you wanted.

All in all, having these Blumats, I can't see any reason for me EVER to go back to hand watering again. They have turned this back into an enjoyable hobby instead of a chore. Hand watering plants properly I feel takes time and experience and these Blumats eliminate the need for both. Just set em and forget em.

Hope I answered your questions, if you have anymore, feel free to ask.

webecat

After heat and PH issues I think I getting dialed in a little better. The heat problem was solved cool tube. And I went back to liquid PH down and tried DWC and I love it.

the mole

I'm getting ready to start my 150 watt grow. Has anyone here grown sour bubble under a 150? Looking to do a sog devoted to spur bubble so trying to figure out pot size, veg time and yield per plant. Also has anyone used any of the digital 150 watt ballasts. Are they any better?Thanks for any info.

Mascetti

I should get my grow box with 150W HPS in one week so i will be of the club!
Hope to grow at least 3 automatic on the first run.
I will subscribe to this thread!

dudin

150w Dualspectrum bulb. Just hit em with White pineapple x Bubbilicious x Onyx (auto) pollen. So it will be photo x auto and hopefully I can give the c99 x a shot od next GG-2016 58N.
1h2ja8.jpg

5cd9gl.jpg

2ngqwjs.jpg

dddaver

Veteran
I veg with a little 90W UFO. Usually only 3 or plants in my small cab. I've tried other LEDs but the weakest and cheapest LED seems to do best. Then after a couple weeks into flowering and they show sex I cull and usually just 1 or 2 females left to flower.

I use LST and ScroG too.

My question has to do with verticle growing with a 150. I've tried it. But nothing spectaclar ever, so just went back to the old horizontal method with a reflector. Actually, all those professional grow rooms you see on youtube or the news always have just regular horizontal with reflectors.

I'm also thinking the 150W may be kinda weak to see any real difference between horiz. and vert. methods.

Anybody have any real success and see a big difference in yield using the vert. method?

I have a sunsystem 150watt , it raises the temps in my 900 cubic feet room by 10 degree F over 12 hours (80f morning, 90f night). How do you guys burn those 1000watt bulbs man! I'll graduate to a bigger bulb soon I figure but gotta learn how to control the temps on even this 150watt

dddaver

Veteran
I have a sunsystem 150watt , it raises the temps in my 900 cubic feet room by 10 degree F over 12 hours (80f morning, 90f night). How do you guys burn those 1000watt bulbs man! I'll graduate to a bigger bulb soon I figure but gotta learn how to control the temps on even this 150watt

Venting and exhaust is a HUGE issue. There are cool tubes, air cooled lights, passive intake from cool air and exhausting outside, even using air conditioners, and much more. Search and read is all I can say dude. The issue is way to big to put in one post.

But basically you need an intake of fresh air and an exhaust. You need negative pressure in the cab, tent, room, or what have you. At the very least a fan on the girls.

Welcome to growing your own. The rewards are boundless.

I figured to deal with the heat it would be better to contain the plants in a grow tent, but can't afford one of those. I just picked up some 7 feet high 1950 wood closet that could fit two large men inside. Painted the inside flat white and sealed up the cracks with caulking. Put a 4" diameter hole in the ceiling of it, and a ducting wall connector for the future vortex fan and carbon filter. Gonna blast that heat out the window. In the winter I'll drop the ducting to the floor for bonus heat lol