What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

dudin

Flushing the STA x thaipan x Doubbleryder x STA x purp mazar x crit mass (yes its a long name and its seeded with snoe sleepa x aliendawg #1) and the 2x Gator Kush. The wi-fi x D-kush X Killatooth and Durbantopia is getting fatter and I´ll keep em on nutes a few more weeks.
2mfhhe1.jpg

Cobra420

Looking good darkvade420 and dudin!!

Here are a couple shots of the cab. Almost ready to pull these down and start some scrogs.

Left side 150.

picture.php

Right side 150

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

darkvade420

Man i love foxtails .to bad i havent grown anything out that has done anything major with it but i like the set ups cobra you look like your gonna get a dam pound out of that closet !:peacock:
And dundin i like your grow room it looks alot like mine i had to take a bunch of shelves down in an old closet and looks like the same stuff anyways lll...

After i fix more of the house i bought ill redo my whole cab but i gotta get my pad rockin hard before my grow room .:tiphat:

i did put foil walls up recently thou so you might not see the simularity that much lol but here is what i got going on now perpetual all platns are at differnt stages.
picture.php

Cobra420

darkvade420, a pound would be amazing, but I'm pretty sure I won't be hitting those numbers until I get all my 600w tents running as well lol The foxtailing I find interesting. Unsure why it happens though. I've read anywhere from genetics to temps.

Bueno Time, Thank you, as you can tell from the pics, canopy management was the last thing on my mind. I had an abundance of clones so rather than throwing them out, I made room and ran them all lol

I harvested the right side of the cabinet 13/2/14, that makes 87 days of 12/12. There were 4 x 1 gal's and 2 x 5 gal's. At the moment, they are hanging in my 600w tent. They could have gone longer but I need the room for my next project. I think once these are dry/trimmed/jarred, I'll harvest the left side and keep this show rolling.

Before hanging. Left 2 and right 2 are the 1 gals, middle 2 are the 5 gals.

picture.php

Hanging to dry. Plants are hanging the same way labeled above.

picture.php

From below.

picture.php

A couple bud shots

picture.php

picture.php

Next up, 12 more 1 gals that need to be harvested. Then for my next project, an 18"x18" - 20"x20" scrog, in a 5 gal, one in each side of the cabinet. Excited to get them going. About to go work on making that happen now.

Cobra420

A shot of the harvest from last week, trimmed and jarred up last night thanks to the wife. She was able to fill up 3 x 1/2 gallon jars and a 1 quart mason jar.

picture.php

They are slowly getting up to the cure zone so I'll be keeping an eye on these for the next few days.

Cobra420

Also harvested the 12 x 1 gals today. Day 95 of 12/12. Going into the 600w tent to dry for 7 days and will then be trimmed and jarred.

Harvested and waiting to be hung

picture.php

Hanging up to dry, 6 up top and 6 down below

picture.php

Shot from below

picture.php

Couple bud shots

picture.php

picture.php

I have to dump the soil into my recycling containers and move one of the 5 gals into the left side of the cab. Then we'll have a 5 gal in each side of the cabinet under their own 150w hps. Stoked for this project to get started. Now I play the waiting game.

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
I like your little RH LCD disks. Whats the magic number you are looking for before you remove the disk and seal the jar for storage?

Cobra420

From simons perfect cure thread, he seems to say anywhere from 55% - 65% should be fine for curing. I have been aiming for 60-62%. This is actually the first time i have cured this way so i may have to play with the humidity ranges to see what i prefer.

At the moment, all 8 jars i have are around 61-62% and they burn perfectly. The first 4 from my 600w harvest have been sitting around 62% for quite a few days. I'm thinking they are stable and safe to remove the hygros. The 4 that were just jarred have shot to a max of 64% and i've been slowly drying them down to 62%.

When the 600w harvested bud is put into a grinder though, they take some grinding to get broken up. Now maybe im use to overdried bud, i dont know. Then again its a fairly cheap grinder so maybe that has something to do with it.

I'll keep you updated on what humidity i find i like. Honestly, i cant see there being that big of a difference from 55-65% but what do i know lol

darkvade420

HEY YALL HOWS IT GOING WANTED TO SHOW YOU MY PURPLE KUSH ITS ACTUALLY TURNING PURPLE HEYHEY HEY.
picture.php

HOPE ALL IS WELL YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS.:tiphat:

Chloemobile

So what is the best 150w hid bulb nowadays? 150w cmh? Agromax ( the bulbs with 30% more blue)? Or is a plain old 150 hps still the best option? Just curious what people think.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
HEY YALL HOWS IT GOING WANTED TO SHOW YOU MY PURPLE KUSH ITS ACTUALLY TURNING PURPLE HEYHEY HEY.View Image
HOPE ALL IS WELL YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS.:tiphat:

Looks yummy

So what is the best 150w hid bulb nowadays? 150w cmh? Agromax ( the bulbs with 30% more blue)? Or is a plain old 150 hps still the best option? Just curious what people think.

Ive always used regular 150 hps bulbs.

Cobra420

darkvade420, BEAUTIFUL plant!!!!

Chloemobile, I'm with Bueno, Whatever bulb came from HTG supply has worked great for me. Pretty sure it isn't anything fancy.

I got the plants separated so this run has officially begun! I have everything to build the screens for the scrog so any day now, I'll start on them. Building 6 of them. 2 for this cab and 4 for my 600w tent.

picture.php

Left side

picture.php

Right side
picture.php

The wife and I, mostly the wife, trimmed and jarred up the 12 x 1 gals. We were able to fill 3 x 1/2gal jars. This morning, I decided to weigh out the harvest that we pulled from the right side of the cab. 142g EXACTLY. Just over 5 ounces! I'm quite impressed. Next weekend, I'm going to weigh out the last harvest and figure out how much both sides pulled this run.

The entire harvest from both sides of the cabinet. 5 ounces from the right side of cab pulled at 87 days(4 jars on left) Unknown weight at the moment from the left side of the cab pulled at 95 days(3 jars on right)

picture.php

Recently jarred harvest from the 12 x 1 gals on the left side of the cab.

picture.php

Weights for these 3 jars coming in 1 week. If I have at least an ounce per jar, I will have pulled a half pound out of this cab on its first run! Excited to see what these scrogs will do!!!!

When this run gets near finished, I'm going to be purchasing some seeds from the Boutique. By the way this first run has gone, I'm thinking I'm more than ready to move on from bagseed. Does anyone have any recommendations on seeds? I'm open to suggestions.

Sadly, my daze as a 150watt grower are soon to come to a close. My SO has started to smoke for medical reasons & her consumption has increased immensely, so I'm about to bump up to a 250. Here's some pix of my last 150watt grow.
One of two HUGE SSSDH @ 8.5 wks on 2/20/2014
picture.php

Love the colors
picture.php

A cross from a friend @ about 5-6wks 3/2/2014
picture.php

picture.php

I already have a NGB style cab built as a 35 gallon breeder aquarium stand for my 150 which will be gifted to another family member when they settle down and are ready to grow for them selves.

Cobra420

Thank you Chloemobile and welcome to the club!!

I'm impressed with the amount I pulled from one of these 150s. Having 2 makes it that much better lol. I'll have MORE than enough smoke for the wife and I for awhile just from this cabinet. I have a slight feeling I pulled over a half pound total. We'll know for sure in a couple days.

Great looking plants PACKERBACK. Good luck with the upgrade. I'm sure you'll love it.

Last night I got the frames made and this afternoon I got the screens attached so the scrogs are ready to go. I feel they turned out pretty good. Excited to see how they do this run.

The inner part of the screens are 20"x18". The screens are about 9.5" over each plant. The screens mesh is 2"x2". I used 1/2" PVC pipe for all of the framing and zip ties to attach the screen. I'm sure I went over board on the zip ties, but they are free so why not. To attach them to the bucket, I screwed a 2" screw into the bucket where the pvc meets the bucket and let the pvc rest on the screws. They were a lot easier to make than I originally thought they would be.

Both sides of cab.

picture.php

Head on

picture.php

picture.php

Left cab

picture.php

Right cab

picture.php

Once I figure out a way to mount the fans that are sitting on the floor, I'll hook them up to blow across the bulb so I can lower the bulbs more.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats going to be sick, dual 150 scrogs.

How does your double bucket system work? Do you dump water/nutes down the pvc pipe and then what?

Id be interested to know your grow medium and what nutes you are using.

BlueGrassToker

Nice work, Cobra.
You can buy some little hooks that have screw ends...usually come in a box of several. Screw one into the side of the cab (you can screw them in by hand once they dig in) and those little fans hang from them perfectly. I would place it just Under the screen, aimed towards the center and up a bit, so it will blow the cool air from below through the canopy.
If you blow on top where the colas are, the cooler air will naturally stay below the canopy and you will just be churning hotter air above.
Keep up the good work.
Actually...you would do yourself a big service to get some bigger fans and set them on the floor blowing up full tilt.

Cobra420

Thanks Bueno. I'm hoping it performs as well. Being the first time running a scrog, this should make for an interesting learning experience.

The containers I use are homemade 5 gallon self irrigated buckets. All I do is pour water into the pvc pipe which runs down into the bottom bucket. The bottom bucket has a hole about 3.75" from it's base. I pour until I get a little run off from the res and that's pretty much it. I used some spare 6" netpots I had sitting around and packed them full of perlite to use as the wick between the bottom and top bucket.

I mix all my fertilizers into my soil so it's pretty much a water only grow. I'm using a fairly large container to be sure the plants will have enough food for the entire cycle. So far, my first run with them went GREAT so I'm thinking this one will be better now that I'm implementing some canopy management.

Here's some info on them for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sub-irrigated_planter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE8OrdUZQKk&list=PL1B565A57322A5457

As for the growing media, I decided to go the organic route and I have to say, I love it! I got it from a member in the Organic Soil section.

The mix consists of:

1 part Home Made Leaf Mold
1 part Peat
1 part Perlite
1 part Vermiculite
1 part Home Made Worm Castings
1 part Home Made Compost

For each 7.5 Gallons (1 cuft) of mix
I mixed all ingredients for each mix together in equal volume and used

2 Cups of Food Mix:
Blood Meal (wanted to finish the bag but discontinuing its use)
Bone Meal (wanted to finish the bag but discontinuing its use)
Alfalfa Meal
Cotton Seed Meal

1.5 Cups of Fix It Mix:
Crab Meal
Kelp Meal

1 Cup of Mineral Mix:
Green Sand
Azomite
Oyster Shell
Gypsum
Dolomite (wanted to finish the bag but discontinuing its use)

This mix has been sitting in a huge container for months now. I've almost finished it up so hopefully warmer weather will come so I can sift the leaf mold and compost bins so I can make a new batch.

In the future, I plan on tweeking the mix and seeing what all I can get out of it. So far, the 5 gals seem to have more than enough for a grow so we'll see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestions BlueGrassToker. I'm pretty sure I have a pack of those hooks somewhere on my workbench. I also have some larger fans, just need to see if they'll fit in the cab. Going to play around with the cab this weekend and see what I come up with.

Latest posts

Latest posts