What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

dddaver

Veteran
Blackstrap is great stuff.

Just to clarify, I think that one teaspoon per gallon is for hydro systems so as to not clog anything up. I have always used one tablespoon per gallon to water my girls in the dirt. They love it.

I was also advised to add molasses in both veg and flower. I found that produced a harsh smoke. Just adding it during flowering works better for me. I still flush (just water) for a couple weeks before harvest too.

J

J.C.grower

4 days into flower! cab update

4 days into flower! cab update

wassup 150 HPS club! so i have an update of the 150 cab :dance013:
On the 28th i flipped the lights to 12/12, so its the 4th day. so far the ladies are looking beautiful IMO. I want to know what the 150 peeps think! so shoot some comments and thangs!:comfort::tiphat:

Bubba Kush 4 days flower

Pure Kush & SFV 4 days flower ( under ScrOG )

White Fire OG 4 days flower

White Katsu 4 days flower

cant wait till flowers start showing and the pungent aromas start lingering:blowbubbles:
ill be posting weekly updates!:wave:
JC:joint:

vintner

Careful, I just had my bullshit meter recalibrated
Veteran
Who says you can't grow donkey dicks w/a 150

Who says you can't grow donkey dicks w/a 150

MoFo x C-99 @ ~ 10.5 weeks.
picture.php

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
CONFESSION - i only have a 70hps. But a stoner can dream for a bigger light, right? :D

BeL

J

J.C.grower

looking extremely trichey and beautiful, Disco!
great job!! im adding Alien Double Dog to my wishlist!:)
JC:joint:

S

Simon Templar

Hello folks!

DiscoBiscuit, vinter, I am speechless... these buds are just wonderful!

My Euforias are about three weeks old:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Have a look at this interesting mutation. It looks as if the leaf couldn't decide how many fingers to have, hehe ;)

picture.php

picture.php

Everything would be fine, but the 5l pots in which they grow won't be big enough for them pretty soon. The problem is that I have 4 plants and I use the 5l pots because these are the biggest fitting my setup. I don't know what to do now... Should I choose one plant and transplant it to a big pot? The rest will be doomed on the window, though... Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to prepare some homemade pots (but how!?) that would fit my setup (=won't cover the itake holes) and have a bigger capacity?

Could any of you fellows from the 150 W Club give me a piece of advise?

I'll just mention that I veg them for three weeks in four 5l pots on 0,16 square meter (40x40cm), under a 150W HPS, of course.
I worry that if I switch them to 12/12 now, the pots will become too small before they enter the advanced flowering stage...

Many thanks in advance,
Simon

vintner

Careful, I just had my bullshit meter recalibrated
Veteran
Nice lookin plants Simon Templar :rasta: 5Lt isn't a bad sized pot to flower in. Folks here have proven that you can sprout a seed & flower in 16oz (1/2Lt) beer cups :yoinks: & never transplant. IMHO, you could flower out all 4 of them, but 2 plants would probably be better in a space that size :yes: If you want to move up to a larger container, just use your imagination. I've flowered in an empty pearlite bag w/a few drain holes cut in the bottom. You're gonna need a shallow dish to catch the run off though, & if you're worried about your intake holes getting blocked, just get a few slats of wood a couple of cm thick to raise everything up a bit. Hope that helps :ying:
Stay safe everyone n :smoweed:

S

Simon Templar

Thanks a lot vinter!
You've definately helped me!

I've got one more doubt... Is it a good idea to transplant flowering plants? Wouldn't it be too stressful - let's say for plants that would be 4 weeks after switching to 12/12? If it's OK I would switch into flowering now and if I find that the pots are too small, then I could transplant the plants into bigger (homemade) ones.. Huh?

What do you think?

Simon

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
@ SIMON: Best time to transplant is with-in the first 2 weeks of flowering so the shock doesnt mess with em while there in full bloom. But man by the way of the looks of things you got your stuff down :tiphat:

e_24

everyone is looking good in here! props to all! updates comin in from my end of week 4 beauty! buds are looking so frosty, they are almost white. the smell is changin though, from a blueberry, to a kind of cantelope sweet??

big twinn

Veteran
Blackstrap is great stuff.

Just to clarify, I think that one teaspoon per gallon is for hydro systems so as to not clog anything up. I have always used one tablespoon per gallon to water my girls in the dirt. They love it.

I was also advised to add molasses in both veg and flower. I found that produced a harsh smoke. Just adding it during flowering works better for me. I still flush (just water) for a couple weeks before harvest too.
I wouldn't bet my life on it, but something tells me it was not the blackstrap molasses that you were adding prior to flower that caused your plant to smoke harsher, if molasses were to make it harsher it would seem to have more of an effect later in flower during the flushing period. I add mollasses to EVERY watering both for flower and veg and have had nothing but positive results (aside from the flush, which is plain water...though, i think i could prob. add it to my flush as well without negative results...it may sweeten it up a bit)

big twinn

Veteran
WOAH, for 32 days that bitch sure did trich out! what strain is that? her leaves look pretty sativa dominant in structure for such a fast flowering time. What day did you chop her? Judging By the impressive pictures, she looks like she could have gone quite a bit longer by the looks of her still throwing out white hairs.

e_24

havent chopped yet, still showing all clear trichs! im happy with this girl. the seed is from an acquaintance who said it was blueberry, but im quite skeptical from this grow. she is gaining some weight for sure. probably the molasses. feeding with PBP, a bit of superthrive, and molasses. the smartpot has shown to help a lot with space management as well. i have been a lucky grower, or maybe skills, but im banking on novice luck. im only into my second year growing, and i just learn more and more by the day. i always wonder how much some of you growers really know...

big twinn

Veteran
totally read your post wrong originally, i thought you ment you had taken the plants a few days ago, but i see you were referring to taking the picture a few days ago. That clears things up.