What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Ballast included as well. I have a few of them now. Better quality than the E-conolite 150 flood with a lower cost. Almost silent.

Thanks terpman. I noticed e-cono is selling their security flood for $39.00, don't know how long this price will last. $29.00 is even better! Maybe it's already been mentioned but these you mention don't have a power cord. I guess that's no trouble to buy a cord and add.

FWIW, I've had a used e-con security flood for 5 years. I don't know how old is was but it runs 12/7/365.

I noticed a small buzz when I bought the e-con lamp. I took the ignitor out of the 4 x 4 box and glued it in place 5 or 6 inches from the coil. No more buzz.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
The video you have requested is not available.

If you have recently uploaded this video, you may need to wait a few minutes for the video to process.
Sorry about that.
Sorry bro, we'll check it out if and when youtube cooperates. Can you takes stills? You can upload them to IC. You can even upload vids to IC for that matter.

kjz71521

Could somebody tell me what am I doing wrong with the address im trying to input. I did everything I know. Im trying to post from my phone and im having the hardest time........ if anyone would like to see my set up, go to YOUTUBE & type in (150w hps pretual cab). My cab is the one where it looks like someone is opening tha door with reggae music in tha back ground.... Please get back to me here on the IC & give me input.
watch

kjz71521

Could somebody tell me what am I doing wrong with the address im trying to input. I did everything I know. Im trying to post from my phone and im having the hardest time........ if anyone would like to see my set up, go to YOUTUBE & type in (150w hps pretual cab). My cab is the one where it looks like someone is opening tha door with reggae music in tha back ground.... Please get back to me here on the IC & give me input.
watch

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Here's the links to yer vids...

part one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMnsdgdr0Ag

part two - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FEmf3hl_Vk&feature=related

I'll get back after I check out your videos.

EDIT** - My throughput is slow as balls right now. But your setup is very nice. Looks like you've got the necessary gig to rock. Best wishes finishing those plants, they look great.

No complaints, the lamp needs to be closer to the plants IMO.:) Veg not as critical as flower but still important. As soon as you start growing buds, I'd have that lamp as close to the canopy as possible (2 or 3 inches if possible.) Then take the circulation fan and blow it on the bulb or between bulb and canopy. This will help dissipate the hot spot from having the bulb so close.

The circ fan you're using doesn't move much air. It's doing a great job now fanning your plants. If and when you decide to close in with the lamp, you may need a pc fan, something in the ~30cfm range. You can get a 12vdc fan and a wall wart. One wart will run several fans as long as the fans don't exceed the wart's milli amp rating. In fact, it a good idea to run a wart (12v transformer) no more than 80% it's capacity for safety.

A 150 is good for ~12" penetration (give or take) depending on canopy thickness. With the lamp higher up, expect to get an ounce or two (if your lucky.) With the lamp as close as you can park it, 3 and 4+ ounces are possible.

It looks like you've got everything a grower would need. I'm sure you'll grab some accessories if and when you decide.

The only other possible thing I would mention is airflow. Assuming you have passive intake(s) the general rule is 2x exhaust. If you're running a 4" exhaust fan, that's 8" of passive intake for better performance. Some have a little more, some less but 2x is a good target. When everything is zipped up, the exhaust fan motor shouldn't strain, otherwise you might try a bit more intake.

Nice exhaust fan. If it's more than capable of doing the job, a speed controller may lessen any excess noise. I run my exhaust on a controller at lowest speed. The temp doesn't increase a bit but the noise is less.

Well done! Happy Holidaze.

Last edited:

ketalargold

Hello everybody I'm a proud possessor of a 150W HPS "Osram ts"..I'm having my first cyle with it,3x auto 4K A7 from gr455 0 m4t1c.I was used to the CFL,any suggestion is welcome...but,fist of all...with no cooled lamp,how is the distance between the lamp and the weed?
I have to go...hope to see you here,again,in a few...:ying:

piosh

Hey 150W peeps.
Wanted to thank you for amazing time reading your posts here.
Changing club ^^ - changed my setup for singular 250W lamp and started grow in this conditions - like it, prolly Ill stick to 250w.
So thx all ya guys for comments and advices gaven me here and for sharing your 150Watters work - learned alot.Wish ya buds like under 600s. :D

last harvested ig(on 150w with ppxafgan,coco):
picture.php

picture.php

pure ak (same grow):
picture.php

picture.php

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
LP Aero Tub

LP Aero Tub

Why is my "double A" remove text format feature crossed out and not working? I can't load pics of my new set up:( https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=25926&pictureid=567542
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=25926&pictureid=567541
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=25926&pictureid=567540

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Click on My IC, click "Edit Options" in the left pane. Scroll down to "Misc Options" Select Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG editing.

I saw your pics. That's a bad ass aero setup. Plants are happy and green. Best wishes with your grows.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
It worked! Thanks buddy. Hey everyone, this is an LP Aero Tub I've built out of spare parts of stuff lying around. It consists of 2 ten gallon Rubbermaids, a 285g.p.h. submersible pump, a sprayer manifold made of schedule 40 pvc (one spinner in the middle, and 6 EZ cloners on the sides), 2 three inch net pots, hydroton and lava rock on the bottom. All under a Galaxy driven 150w MH/HPS.