What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

KolorBlind

if you want to take a guess at my yield go for it.

Thanks.

Imma say 30g dry.

VerdantGreen said:
can you still get 1g/watt with a 150 or does it not give out enough light???

Heya Verdant

First off, Id just like to say what a huge fan I am of your mod. scrog thread. Unfortunately I will be shutting down operations for about the next 18 years in a couple months when my wife pops out our first kid, so I will not be able to implement that method like I had planned. At least not any time soon. But it was a huge inspiration and I really hope I get to try it out someday, I think my current setup would be perfect with 3 plants mod. scrogged.

Anyhow, about the g/watt. I grew 8 Diesel Ryders SOG style in a mini fridge under a 150 and pulled 130.2g dry. I started from seed (obviously, AF strain) so I didnt know how many females I would get. I could have fit 12 max, so 1g/watt would be EASILY doable with the right conditions.

Also, that run was my "first ever" for a lot of things. First time using the cab, first time using the light, first time growing SOG, first time using 2L soda bottles, the list goes on and on. Point being, my setup was no where NEAR dialed in, and aside from minor heat issues it went great. If I would have kept that and dialed it in I would say I could get over 1g/watt eventually.

Sorry for the novel, but Id love to see what you can do with a 150 and a plant or 2 mod. scrogged or even a nice SOG like mine was. If youre interested in seeing my results heres a link that will get you right to the post: Diesel Ryder SOG Results

Good luck to ya if you try, and keep us updated :)
KB

robr576

hey everyone, im a newb to growing, i started my second grow in a 18x18x44 cab (now in a gl60) with a bubble bucket. it's just a bagseed that i've scrogged with a 16x16 in. screen. i'm at 6 weeks flower now but these are the most recent pics from right before flip to 12/12
2cercc3.jpg

2dir4uv.jpg

G

grumblez

Quick Question for the 150W crew.

I have a reveg going on right now and I have nice green shoots stemming from all the bud sites I left on the plant....

The stems of these shoots are very thin and dark in color...

My question is: When can I snip these shoots and throw them in a bubble cloner? Do I need to wait for the leaves to grow out as normal? Can I clone once they reach a certain height?

Thanks

G

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for the responses guys

Heya Verdant

First off, Id just like to say what a huge fan I am of your mod. scrog thread. Unfortunately I will be shutting down operations for about the next 18 years in a couple months when my wife pops out our first kid, so I will not be able to implement that method like I had planned. At least not any time soon. But it was a huge inspiration and I really hope I get to try it out someday, I think my current setup would be perfect with 3 plants mod. scrogged.

hey KB good luck with your new arrival! - that said, imo, you are going to be spending a lot more time at home and i find that it's nice to get a little 'instant relaxation' when your baby finally decides to go to sleep. also having a rewarding project going on at home gives you something to think about ;) just a thought.

cheers
V.

vintner

Careful, I just had my bullshit meter recalibrated
Veteran
grumblez: Once the new growth tips on your reveg have a couple sets of 3 fingered leaves you should be able to take cuttings. I like to cut right below a node (leaf-stem juncture) cut that leaf off and split the stem up to that node. Dip it all in rooting powder and go. Hope that helps :rasta:

sumncleaver

Running an experiment with reveg after buds put out new shoots, topping them at fourth leaf set, then cutting for clone. When topping the shoots are only three inches and leaves are still fairly small. I've come up with some scrog type clones that are spreading out from day one of veg. Hoping to fill screen quicker. Their growing now will tell you more when I know more.

G

grumblez

I smell a nice cloning session coming on in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the advice.

Got 2/3 Chemdog DD x Chemdog sprouted and awaiting soil! Have 3 PPP just popped into flower after 3 weeks veg. Also have a Nepals Snow @ 3 weeks veg vegging along nicely along with 2 unidentified Breeder pack sprouts @ 2 weeks veg today. The goal is to clone all of these properly prior to flower.

I'll rely on the current indica and PPP grow to keep my head in place until the clones from the good gene pool are mature enough to place into flower.

I think this means that about 4 weeks from now I'll be cloning bagseed sativa (fem) reveg and some other great plants. It will be a nice spring/summer at la casa del Grumblez if I can have anything to say about it all.

Lets hope this is a sustainable rhythm I'm getting into here...

:)

PEACE

KolorBlind

thanks for the responses guys

hey KB good luck with your new arrival! - that said, imo, you are going to be spending a lot more time at home and i find that it's nice to get a little 'instant relaxation' when your baby finally decides to go to sleep. also having a rewarding project going on at home gives you something to think about ;) just a thought.

cheers
V.

Thanks Verdant, I appreciate the kind words.

I know I am partially kidding myself if I think I can quit this hobby for 18 years. Ive known all along that the hobby is 100 times more addictive than the substance itself, but the thought of losing my child or house sends chills up my spine and infuriates me at the same time. I could rape or molest a child, start a meth lab, shoot someone, stab someone, etc. and all those crimes would probably yield me less jail time than growing 9 plants in my closet. Plus I may even keep my house and POSSIBLY my kid(s). Its just fuckin sad.

One day we will move to Colorado and my wife's many many back problems due to car accidents will allow us to grow legally with any luck. Just don't know if I can wait till we move to start back up, kinda looking into guerrilla growing now lol. But I will forever be a lurker on this site, and a good friend of mine is going to implement your mod. scrog to the T so Im very excited to help him with that.

Peace
KB

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i get you KB, i do.
my approach is to try and have few enough plants to not get into too much trouble if i do get caught (and also try not to get caught). with scrog you can keep the number of flowering plants right down. a cabinet will hopefully get me into less trouble than a room.

V.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
hey everyone, im a newb to growing, i started my second grow in a 18x18x44 cab (now in a gl60) with a bubble bucket. it's just a bagseed that i've scrogged with a 16x16 in. screen. i'm at 6 weeks flower now but these are the most recent pics from right before flip to 12/12
2cercc3.jpg

2dir4uv.jpg

Nice work, robr576. Tried to rep ya but I'm out atm. I have to hand it to all you hydro growers, I've been doing soil mix for 5 years and still apprehensive to make the switch. I bet the roots are massive.:D

G

grumblez

Grumblez has a buffet on the way

Grumblez has a buffet on the way

Here are some snaps for y'all.

reveg sativa work in progress:

Here are my PPP (unsexed) at 5 days flower...cannot beat freebies!

From the top down are: Nepals Snow (Satori x White Rhino x Satori), Breeder pack #1 and Breeder pack #2. These are still in veg and will be until I can clone and sex.

I might be almost outta stash now, but lemme tell you, good times will be here again for Mr. 150W Grumblez....

G

grumblez

calling dr. google.....paging dr. google.....

doctor google.....please dial extention 5.....

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
magma, try 1000bulbs.com

Here's my scrog at 15 days in flower. About 11 weeks total in veg, lol. It's a slow vegger but will hopefully stretch more in the next week.

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts