What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

That set up will work fine timmytucker as long as you don't put much more on the same power strip than a small fan or 2, and it's properly grounded.
Congrats on your new 150. First grow? Good luck. Welcome to the 150W club. :rasta:

Yeah first grow. I havent bought seeds from anywhere. But I got 3 bagseeds going that are 4 weeks old. They look healthy, I'm just kinda sketched out about the fact they are not breeder seeds. I hope I'm not wasting time.
All I really have to work with right now is the light, the three plants, and flora 3 part. I've read tons about growing so I think it should work out...

ehonda187

nice find man!! hella deal bro. you going to set up a 3 150w hps grow? that would be killer!!
I was going to use just the one pictured with the remote ballast. Then I found these 2 guys for 24 bucks brand spankin new. So I had to brag! :) This guy bought too many for a job and had these 2 laying around the back of his truck. I had to grab em. I'm prolly going to end up running all 3 when I germ up these SS ak47's . I also have a couple 400 watt hps's but they are being "borrowed" at the moment. :joint:

vintner

Careful, I just had my bullshit meter recalibrated
Veteran
Yeah first grow. I havent bought seeds from anywhere. But I got 3 bagseeds going that are 4 weeks old. They look healthy, I'm just kinda sketched out about the fact they are not breeder seeds. I hope I'm not wasting time.
All I really have to work with right now is the light, the three plants, and flora 3 part. I've read tons about growing so I think it should work out...

Well then you're off to a great start timmytucker! Shred420 is right. If you come across a great bag of smoke, don't turn your nose up to bag seeds. Of course, it's a bit more hit and miss, and depending on where it came from, you probably shouldn't veg them for too long, but I've put out some great bagie seed smoke w/my 150.
Good luck.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I used to buy some pretty dreary stuff before I started growing. This stuff was typical dirt weed and still produced some good smoke. I'd give it a 6 on strength but taste was more like 7 or better. I read that some growers get even better results from poorly processed or old commercial weed.

timmytucker, if your smoke was mid grade or better you'll probably have some good stuff.

sito007

week4 had to try to train them bitches were getting to tall and touching the light , some got burned but little stress came.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

johnny plans to move that led panel to the back

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Were you vegging with the same cab/light/fans?
How long into flowering did you notice this?
Definitely change the third pc fan from intake to exhaust and have passive intake, but ventilation sounds OK, IMO.

i start the plants in 16oz cups until they are about 4 inches in height. in my small veg chamber with fluoro's. i then transplant the 2 plants in each of my 6x6x9 inch tall square pots. maybe i should have mentioned that these plants were used for breeding. all i used them for was for seeds, didn't care about the buds at all. three of the four plants had this happen. the other plant turned out fine. i didn't think it's normal because i put one plant in after these were done just to see if it would happen again. sure enough the leaves started getting dried out and are now turning yellow. the bud still looks amazing but i have never seen this happen. i just started doing indoor grows so i don't have much experience, indoor wise.

Last edited:

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Smokey,

I would ditch that intake fan and make it passive intake.
Rule of thumb is to make your passive intake double the size of your exhaust.
So if you have 4" exhaust, make two 4" passive intakes.

i have two 5" exhaust fans. what is a passive intake?

hey smokey i got that same light and what ive seen works best for cooling it is just find a way to mount a pc fan blowing directly on the bulb
best of luck man

i already have a 5 inch computer fan rigged to blow on the bulb.

jawnroot

Anyone have any thoughts on the Sun System 150? It looks great, and is inexpensive, but I've heard that the enclosed ballast can get heat up to unacceptable levels. I intend to ventilate well, but for any of those that have used this light, whatcha think?

LH900490-2.jpg

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Here's a couple of things to consider. The oblong shape might limit bulb to footprint orientation in small cabs. In other words, that fixture might be too long or the cab might not be deep enough for proper installation. I've seen folks have to cross mount the fixture to get cab door(s) shut. It works but not as good.

All in one's are convenient but the coil will most likely make your grow area temps higher, unless you have a high amount of air movement and/or more space than 150 capability.

I'm not sure if you're interested but HTG Supply sells a 150HPS remote ballast with bulb and reflector, shipping to lower 48 included for ~$70. You can also customize elements of the assembly, might cost a little more. They ship discreet and are reputable.

jawnroot

I'm not sure if you're interested but HTG Supply sells a 150HPS remote ballast with bulb and reflector, shipping to lower 48 included for ~$70.

Nice. I was taking a look at that one, but didn't know how much the shipping was going to run. I'm probably going to go that route, as it seems all around better, and cheaper, for that matter.

bengie187

Jawnroot- Im using the sunsystem 150 right now and if you do go that route i recommend getting the glass to keep the plants a little ways from bulb. Im gonna dismantle the hole thing to make it a cool tube but you might not run into the same problems i did....if your interested check my thread out

Latest posts

Latest posts