What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
Over the years I've gone thru dozens of 150w HPS bulbs. Not because they burn out, but because I replace them after every three or four grow cycles. A new bulb is considerably brighter than one that has alot of hours on the meter, so to speak. I've also used them in every possible mounting position and never lost one as a result of its orientation. Add all this to the fact that I buy the cheapest bulbs I can find, usually at flea markets with little packaging or info, and I really think that its a non-issue in the 150w HPS world. I know its a real concern with larger wattage bulbs and those using other HID technologies, but for us, I say just mount it so it gives you the best possible coverage. JMHO, Regards to all, PD

vintner

Careful, I just had my bullshit meter recalibrated
Veteran
Been a bit slow in here. Thought I'd get the ball rolling again w/some blueberry. Was out of town for a while, & by the time we got back she was too wild to be trying to cage her in w/a screen, but I got er hog tied pretty well LOL.
picture.php

picture.php

Stay safe n high everyone :rasta:

Pipedream

Veteran
Vintner - I always like to see your plants. They have a great trunk and branch structure. Very similar to a true bosai-style plant, but your allows much more strenth and additional places for bud growth and development. WELL DONE !

zappa66

I’m thinking of going vert in my cab, however this requires a cooltube. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions as to what to use. Ideally I’d use a bake round but I need something that would fit 4inch ducting…any thoughts?

peace

Pipedream

Veteran
Gut yontif & an easy fast to those observing this High Holy Day of Awe.
May each and every one of us be inscribed in the Book of Life for a good year.
And, may peace decend upon the entire world.
One Love, PD

good job!! how many 150 watters do you have ? was all that grown under 1 150??Im stuck between buying a 150 watt or a 250 watt ballast kit to build my own light setup!

Shred42O

it looks like a single 150

the 150 can pull a good amount under the right conditions but if you can cool the 250 with no problem then i would say go for that

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
good job!! how many 150 watters do you have ? was all that grown under 1 150??Im stuck between buying a 150 watt or a 250 watt ballast kit to build my own light setup!

Hello woodie. Get the lamp that best matches your footprint. Typical HID setups are 50 watts per square foot. You can go more but any less than 50 would benefit from supplemental lighting.

In a horizontal setup, the bulb will throw more light width wise than lengthwise. A rectangular footprint works well if you orient the horizontal bulb/element parallel with the short dimension of the rectangle.

If you have a square footprint, you might consider a vertical mounted bulb. This would allow you to put plants 360 degrees around the bulb.

A 150 will get you about 12" penetration an average. A 250 will get about 18". Hope this helps.

vintner

Careful, I just had my bullshit meter recalibrated
Veteran
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DiscoBiscuit again
Well said Bro. K+
woodie1369: Welcome to the 150 club! :wave: If you're new to growing, there's something that doesn't get brought up here very often. Tell no one what you do! That said, my wife and I are just recreational smokers, but my 150 has kept us in smoke since my first harvest 4 years ago.
Stay safe my friends :rasta:

Latest posts

Latest posts