What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

rostenoc

im looking for a cheap 150 watt but all i can find are the enclosed ballast lights but i dont want the ballast in my grow box because of the heat. i dont feel confident to make my own out of a security light. can someone point me to a good cheap light or maybe a detailed guide on how to make one.

thanks

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Although cheap security lights can still be had for ~$50, the remote with reflector from HTG seems like the best deal since the vapor tights were canned at e-conolight.

A quick check on Ebay show both mh and hps available in both socket sizes. If availability and pricing are compatible, that little Mira62 might come in handy. The glass should be removable just like other security lights and the remote procedure should also be similar.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
rostenoc, I probably spent more than that with a home made job. Glad to know it's free shipping.

sito007, never tried those panels. I've tried other low cost leds and they're a waste of time, effort, space and money. Couldn't find a single use for em. Hope the panels work for ya.

Daffy420

Hi there,

i am thinking of switching from pl-l to HPS yes 150W hps ;)

I am currently growing in a Homebox XS (23 inch x23 inch x 47 inch) and i have a 120mm Silverstone PC fan for the outlet (about 120cfm) , wich does the job well.

The 160w Pl-l are now 4 inches from the buds.

Now i really wan't a 150w HPS but i am a little scared about the heat wich comes of.

Can i run a 150W hps (with digital sonlight ballast outside the tent) with the Silverstone PC fan for outlet ? (noise wise for me the best)

Is a distance from 10 inch to much ? i am thinking of placing 6 autoflowers under it or
max 4 normal plants.

Hope you can help me guys because you have the most experience in this.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Daffy420, you'll get less than 41 wpsf with a 150. I hear pl-l is the shiz. Why do you want to change?

IMO, you'll run about 5 to 6 degrees above ambient with the 150. Higher if you use supplemental lighting.

work2fish

I see, I just got worried as I am just getting comfortable with my 150w. I cleared up all the kinks in my system so my plants are reacting wonderfully to the light. couple more days til the true test. FLOWER TIME!

sito007

Just want to drop a update for you guys who are helping me and my friend learn.flower day25
:woohoo:
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH icmag you rock!!

i been trying to supper crop with two plants.let me know what ya think

Quazi

i been trying to supper crop with two plants.let me know what ya think

Looking pretty good so far!

I could be wrong, but from the pics it looks like you might be a bit rough with your supercropping. If you break it far enough that a splint/tape is needed, then you've probably gone a bit too far.

Try to just hold then stem inbetween your fingers and apply a little bit of pressure, then a little bit more whilst rolling the stem back and forth. Keep applying more pressure and rolling the stem in your fingers until you feel the inside structure pop. The branch should lay down now without having really ruptured the outside necessitating a splint.

Nice work for your first time though!

Good luck in your travels!

-Q :rasta:

horslaloi

Little space and one or two 100w HPS, compatible with 150W's club?

Little space and one or two 100w HPS, compatible with 150W's club?

Hello,
I've just a question, and the title is explicite.
Can i join the 150W HPS thread with a 100W HPS bulb?
If yes, i have a few questions about the dimensions of the flower space and so one.

Thanks for reply

lolo

im looking for a cheap 150 watt but all i can find are the enclosed ballast lights but i dont want the ballast in my grow box because of the heat. i dont feel confident to make my own out of a security light. can someone point me to a good cheap light or maybe a detailed guide on how to make one.

thanks

hey rostenoc sorry im late with this info but this site has 150 watt digi ballasts 79.99 for the cheap or 145 for the name brand. il be ordering one soon for myself. hope this was helpful and in time. peace

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
hey rostenoc sorry im late with this info but this site has 150 watt digi ballasts 79.99 for the cheap or 145 for the name brand. il be ordering one soon for myself. hope this was helpful and in time. peace

Wow, a 150 digi with no radio interference. I thought these things had to use shielded cable but even that's a thing of the past. Thanks for the tip, disfunktional!:D Nice prices too.

The same site has a phat lookin Galaxy 150w HPS digi for $240. What can they possibly put in this thing to charge that much? It might be worth that much if it came with a half ounce of reefer, lol.

Would like to hear from any digi ballast users. Are they better than coil ballasts? I've got this little $35 coil buzzing right along. Sometimes it buzzes louder than the exhaust fan. I cold see busting a C note for some peace and quiet.

i ran a 250 digi ballast on my first and only grow and she was quiet as a mouse. iv never tried a coil ballast so i cant realy compare the two but i realy liked my 250 digi. just my 2 cents.

Latest posts

Latest posts