What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

KolorBlind

...and the sea begins to fill :)

...and the sea begins to fill :)

Hey guys, just thought I would post a quick picture of my Diesel Ryder SOG I have going in my 150w HPS Mini Fridge. Things are coming along nicely. I was blessed with 8 females and here they are. A couple are 2 or 3 days older than the rest, so i will need to even out the canopy soon. This was taken early this morning, which is Day 21.
picture.php

My 150w HPS sure has been everything I had hoped for so for, and then some! I started these from seed under the 150w with no other bulbs, and theyre looking awesome!

KB

sito007

Shred42O

seems like your friend dosnt know how to utilize his area to realy enjoy his 150
is he just using 1 plant in the soil
it could also be bad gentics that could make him feel like its a waste of time
but i can assure from past experience its not a waste of time
anything you learn in a small scale you can always apply to bigger and better things

PassionForMaryJ

I had yet to work that out, I will most likely put two-four more bulbs in there, cfls in each corner maybe? Got a two pack of bulbs now, but only 26w actually, which would give me another 52w or 104w if I go with four. Not sure where that will put me w per sq.

You have almost 6 square feet, so your 150w + 104 would be about 42w per square foot.
If you had only CFL's I'd suggest trying to shoot fro 50-60 per square foot, but since over half or your light comes from a HID I think you will be fine.
Just keep the lights as close as possible without heat becoming an issue.

Back when I was on OG most people said that if growing with fluro tubes, or CFL's, then you want from 50-60w per square foot, 30 was the avg for square foot for HID's like MH & HPS.
Although I myself like to have 50-60 w per square foot know matter what the light source is, as long as heat is not a problem of course...

With that said I must say this is a very nice thread Pipedream, I remember this thread back on OG, nice to see a old OG'r around still!
Either way I am planning on having a 150-300w max mini grow in the future, so the thread is very helpful for me, especially since I am only used to growing huge trees in close to a 70 square foot area...

KolorBlind

BUT SOME SAY HAVING 150 IS A WASTE OF TIME, WHAT YA THINK?

I think some people are crazy, or just plain stupid. As said before in this thread by....well I cant remember who :joint::joint:, but someone smart said "A 150w is a connoisseur's bulb". Which is totally true IMHO. If you want enough lucious, fat, stinky buds for up to you & 2 others to "live" on, a 150w will do the job GREAT if its done right. Now if you want to turn your garage into a massive grow op and make truckloads of money selling to people who will more than likely turn you in or rip you off if they ever find out about your op, then yes a 150w is a waste of time.

Can you get better results with a bigger bulb? of course
Will you get better potency with a bigger bulb? possibly
Will a 150w HPS give you GREAT bud to smoke & keep you high? Yes

If you're like me, then the 3rd question is really the only question there is. Most people only use a 150w when money, space, or both are an issue. The light penetration of a 150w HPS bulb is exceptional, putting out a massive 16,000 lumens for its extremely low wattage & heat.

So my conclusion is this: If you feel like a 150w HPS is a waste of time, you are either not doing something right, have bad genetics, are using bagseed that takes WAY longer to mature, are too damn picky, or you are growing for too many people. If I handed you a fat nug off one of my Diesel Ryders that were grown under a 150w HPS, would you turn it down?? Here's a picture of the last one I harvested to help you decide:
kolorblind-albums-mini-fridge-picture71086-072509f.jpg

So I seriously hope your friend isnt considering upping his wattage. Another thing frequently mentioned in this thread is that anything learned in a small grow op can almost always be applied to a large one. If you cant get good results with a 150w HPS, the problem is probably not the bulb, and getting a larger one will just give you a bigger area to screw a bunch of plants up in.

Peace
KB

sito007

KOLORBLIND THANKS FOR THE ADVICE BRO I WILL TELL HIM TO STICK IT OUT AND LEARN IF ANYTHING THIS ROUND,

can anyone help johnny , IF MALE OR FEMALE?

:1help:

michaeldank

Went and bought two wall thermometers, one for the veg, one for the flower chamber. I also transplanted my little clone. Not sure how well rooted she was:yoinks: We will see. I am going to order some AK-48 seeds anyway. Hopefully next week, would just really like this plant to thrive to plan with it.
IMAG0226.jpg

Farther out
IMAG0227.jpg

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
can anyone help johnny , IF MALE OR FEMALE

sito007, looks like you got some action going on in the first pick. Lower left center where the left stipule (sp?) meets the fan stem. Just a cock hair below that looks like a preflower nub. Don't cull the plant until you're 101% sure it's not a female. (unless you want to keep a male for pollen or whatever.) Looking good so far.

Here's the SD cross I grew from clone. Zombie Virus in background on left just flipped to 12/12. The SD cross doesn't have the trichy fans like the stuff grown from seed did. Does anybody know if clone quality diminishes? This is only the third round but the second was frostier and seed plants were frostiest. Oh, well, I have about 25 F2 seeds of this stuff. I'll give em a try and see if that does any better. I may even try my first back cross for shits and giggles - biscuit

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
sito007, picks 3 & 4 in post 5489 look like balls to me. Sorry man. I use soda bottles for clones too. They fit tupperware hamburger-press molds perfect. :biglaugh:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
What do I think? I think you can tell as good as we can. Sorry, can't tell what it is from the pic. That's an interesting setup with the hooded 150 and a vertical 50. Good luck with your grows.

work2fish

150 checkin in!

150 checkin in!

ahaha nice I was searchin to see other peoples grows and I found this!! My cameras broke so I have to take pictures with my video camera so sorry for the quality. Im a medicinal grower and all my growing and ingesting is legal!!

I have bull rider and rainbow kush going in there right now running off fox farms grow big and big bloom.

The table right there is where my clones go.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• AUT_0155.JPG
    AUT_0155.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 14
  • AUT_0156.JPG
    AUT_0156.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 9
  • AUT_0157.JPG
    AUT_0157.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 9

Latest posts