What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

DiscoDuck

Hello all,
here's a cola from an unknown sativa strain chopped at 91 days. ~ 90% cloudy, 5% amber, not quite finished. I was gonna let it get a lot more amber but a deficiency caused the fans to die. I was afraid to let it continue.

Greeseyder

Update: Karmatrain babes are cookin' now! 5 wks. & TIGHT nodes.....8 nodes @ less than 6in. height.... heres the pics:

these will be cloned & put under the 150 after the Cripple Creek finishes.....

Grow on,
G

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
just a tease update..

just a tease update..

2 bottle rockets, LOCxG13, and 3 sweettooth #3s all went into the 48 hour dark period before chop chop last night. be on the look out for harvest and bud shots on thursday. :rasta:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
yea i have, one time there wasnt a difference because the medium was still saturated 2 days later but the one time the medium was almost all the way dry that i tried it there was a noticeable change on1 of the 4 plants. i do it to kind of help drain the plant, no light for 2 days means it isnt absorbing as much as normal 12/12 schedule.

just thought that id add in that i got kind of bored and just pollinated a hashberry and my shorter stankonia with a hash dominant hashberry male. how reliable is the cutip method? i havent chopped my hb male yet so i can keep brushing it on if theres a better method.

Last edited:

Greeseyder

ABITA.....yea harvest shots!!! I too have tried the dark period it seemed to add some ummf but not much......pics pics pics!!!

G

machinecat

HELP!!!!! My HPS wont strike!
Ok, see, I was doing a remote ballast deal with my new e-conolight today. I open it up, unscrew the socket shield and take them out. I snip the black and white wires going to the socket and strip them back. I use wire nuts to put a 6' extension cord between the ballast and the lamp. All the ballast stuff is still in the housing, I never touched it. So, I go to plug it in.
It works! Yay!
Now I mount the lamp in my cabinet, plug it in, turn it on, nothing. Slight buzzing from the ballast housing.
What the hell? Did something break? How can I tell?
Help!!!

green_grow

Veteran
the obvious thing would be to double-check your connections. if that doesn't do it, i dont know. the buzzing from the ballast is normal.

machinecat

yeah, i did all that, unscrewed the nuts, put them back on.. arrrrrrgh so annoying. could it be the striker? is that replaceable, or easier just to get a new light?

also, i loved red dwarf.

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
:rasta:

machinecat - The ballasts tend to be fairly stable and able to take a bit of bumping around. Even cheap ones. The first place I'd look is the bulb itself. They don't like being banged around and a cheap one will easily fail.

(Rimmer & Cat fan here)

:wave:

sugabear_II

Veteran
machinecat - sounds like the bulb is busted - that's what happens when the bulb dies - same thing happened to me with a 400 watter and it was fairly brand new...

TheOneWill - the yield varies widely depending upon grow style (perpetual, staggered, or all at once) and plant training (scrog, sog, lst, etc)...

but a general guideline for yield is between two and three ounces of well trimmed bud running a single crop of average yielding 8-9 week plants.

Everyones buds and grows are looking so great thank you, y'all rock :headbange

-suga

sugabear_II

Veteran
machinecat - I hear ya and it sucks that you have to buy a new one - but the lamps (bulbs) become very fragile after the first get fired up - also might just be a bad bulb from the manufacturer - like I said I had same thing happen with a 400 watter....

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
i cant wait

i cant wait

heres the top bud off of my LOCxG13, reeks like hawaiian punch, veeeerry dense nugs, this one as you can tell started to go purple. A++++ in the resin category, i recommend it to anyone thats been wondering about it.

Latest posts

Latest posts