What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

Greeseyder

Joinin' up

Joinin' up

Hey now all....guess its my turn to join in....I have run my cab for a few years now with big cfl's but the quality has been only so-so even with great seeds....so I bumped up to a 150 hps & the girl in the scrog is luvin' it! This is a transition grow (on to new genes next round) so this is a Cripple Creek mum that I am flowering.....only wish I had switched to the hps sooner....

G

P.S. The next round are Karmatrain (buddhas sister x trainwreck) & hopefully some Punahaze (puna budder x nevilles haze).

GHETTO_grower

nice use of space

nice use of space

thats lookin pretty nice how small a space are you utilizing there looks like a nice stealthy grow there :muahaha: they are my favourite to see what can be done with a small space nice lining too

Greeseyder

Thanks GG ....it is really quite a big cab....I can't find a pic right now... d'oh! That is just the flower area... the scrog is 20x20in I have pulled almost 4oz. from it with the cfls....BIG bonus is the heat with the hps is almost ZERO! I mean it is warm in there (75-80) but I don't even have the bigger exhaust fan running! Makes me think I could add another 150hps.......gotta save some coin first.....
G

EDIT: here is a pic of the biggest harvest w/CFL's

Last edited:

Greeseyder

Hey now IGDD....I start from the switch to 12/12....I only put clones or plants that have showed preflowers in the scrog....BTW anybody have some tips on germing old seeds? I'm bummed 'cause the Punahaze aren't sprouting well at all....my bad for hangin' on to them for so long.....
G

DiscoDuck

Greeseyder, try putting your seeds in a cup of room temperature water for 24 hours. Then put them in a moist, folded paper towel. Put the towel in a plastic bag to keep the towel from drying out. If your beans are fresh enough to sprout, you should see results within 72 hours.

DiscoDuck

bagseed - 64 days...my 10x glass lets me see trichs ok but I can't tell the color lol. I'm picking up a 30x microscope in the next couple of days. hope it makes a difference.

MadDagger

I was just wondering has anybody out there tried to grow with a light regimen of 12/12 from seed under a 150 hps and was wondering if it would be worth the return.

MAD- I have grown 12/1/2 from seed but as far a yeild is concerned i only get abot 10-12 grams plant. on the other hand. i use a staggered harvest. if u got any questions ill help ya out as much as i can.
On a different note , i was planning on getting a 400 watt hps which i would have paid for but recently a friend gave me one FREEBIE sure cant bet that, ill have a 150 at thw chicks place and one at my plce... great day for me

Last edited:

DiscoDuck

MadDagger, IC has a thread about 12/12 from seed (can't remember the thread). The author claims that some strains will yield as much as one ounce per plant. He's suggesting this method may produce higher yields than vegging fog several weeks.

Took a sample nug at day 60.It is dry now and gone.

This shit is frosty it may not look like it with my camera but it most certainly is.It had trichs on the underside of the leaves, looks white becouse of the trichs.Rusty pistols with slight orange hues.The bud itself is light green.This has pretty good bag appeal.Taste is fruity/grape vitamin.My buddy said it taste like oranges with a grapey undertone.I am sure the flavor will be way better once cured.The high was a nice one.Wasnt too much nice to just chill and hang out but also do some things if needs be.Burnt to a almost white ash.I didnt flush and dont think I will becouse it is kinda complicating for me and would cost too much money.(I have real nasty tap)

DiscoDuck

cjk, look at the trichs with a 20x or 30x glass or microscope. I just got one of those cheap 30x microscopes from ebay ($12.00/free shipping) and it sucks. I'm probably gonna get a jeweler's loop. awesome lookin' weed, what's the strain?

vintner

Careful, I just had my bullshit meter recalibrated
Veteran
cjk said:
should i push them a little longer?? this is around day 65 from 12/12 ...
Yes: or at least I would. Some depends on what kind of high you want. But, that plant looks like it could stand at least another week or so. Harvest earlier for a more head high, and much later for more of a body high. If you don't have a microscope or strong magnifying glass to look at the trichs, you can judge by how many hairs are no longer white. It's usually best to wait till at least 80% of the hairs are brown and there is only a scant amount of new growth of hairs comming in. You don't have to harvest all at one time either. Chop the main cola when it looks done, and let the rest go till it's ready. By then you'll probably have a good idea of how it will smoke, and when you'll want to harvest the rest. Just my :2cents: