What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

150w Equivalent Club

Dr 4 four

How much space is between the screen and the light?

Well if the light is in the center and the screen is circular, just look to the left or right of the light and you'll see the distance between the screen and light. Just by eyeing it :puppydoge, your probably looking at around 3 inches (+/- .25") between the light and screen.

If I guess right, do I get to keep it? :woohoo: lol Bring on the jar of MnMs!

grouchy

DiscoBiscuit - I think I am going to stick with the circle screen for the first run. I am shooting for one ounce but will gladly take more.

Have you ever seen a ngb cab run backwards? After my current grow is finished I am going to use the flower room in my ngb cab to run four autoflowers and a g13 gigabud mother under 18/6 lighting. The best 3-4 of the first 6 clones from the gigabud mother will go for my 150w equivalent contest entry in the mother room.

While that is flowering I will be running the autos under my 100w cmh in the flower room. Once I get my 42w grow done I will move the mother back into the mother room and try to setup another vertical scrog grow in the flower room with the 100w cmh and a 42w cfl in the cool tube. I will be competing in the 1 sq ft challenge with that run but I won't be able to start it till early next year.

Well if the light is in the center and the screen is circular, just look to the left or right of the light and you'll see the distance between the screen and light. Just by eyeing it :puppydoge, your probably looking at around 3 inches (+/- .25") between the light and screen.

If I guess right, do I get to keep it? :woohoo: lol Bring on the jar of MnMs!

You are dead on. I was going for 3" on each side. I plan on growing up the screen and letting the buds go inside of it. As far as keeping it....no....but you can make your own and try to show me up if you want

Dr 4 four

Show you up huh... yeah I don't see that happening any time soon. lol But I will pull up a chair and take notes. I figured it to be between 3-4" cause of the 1 inch squares on your screen.

I do have a question, with that plug-in light socket, how well does it stay plugged in vertically or do you have it secured so it doesn't fall out?

grouchy

Show you up huh... yeah I don't see that happening any time soon. lol But I will pull up a chair and take notes. I figured it to be between 3-4" cause of the 1 inch squares on your screen.

I do have a question, with that plug-in light socket, how well does it stay plugged in vertically or do you have it secured so it doesn't fall out?

It stays in pretty well. You can always run a ziptie around it and the power strip if you feel safer doing so. I am actually changing the setup in my area a little. I just figured out to run the 42w cfl with a remote ballast and I am going to play around with it a little. I think I am going to move the ballast out of the grow room and mount a pc fan where the ballast was.

DIY Remote Ballast 42w CFL

grouchy

I have a 68w CFL, guess thats too much to take part? It still goes in a standard light socket, Id like to enter too :)

Did it say 150w Eq. on the box? Even if you can't partake in the challenge post up some pics to let people see what you got. You could also get a bulb that qualifies for cheap and then you could enter.

hilbie

how the 68 watts heat and light outpoot, are u impressed? i assume its a 2700-3000k cause thats all i ever see in that size at depot or lowes.

I couldn't tell you yet, never used it for more then 10 seconds. I bought it off ebay though Ive never seen anything like it at lowes. Its like the size of a 2 liter bottle