What's new

150 watt hps question

haha thanks guys i think.........yea its my 1sqft box thats all i have right now i was going to work on a 6sqft box with a 400 but my land lord has been in an out of my house for the past 2 months replacing windows fixing the fridge sprinklers ext. but yea i can't go vertical that would take up about 7in of grow space but i think im going to go ahead and get the 150 maybe or i was thinking about maybe 2 70s and 25w cfl i have my uvb that i want to run cause it made alot of difference this past run

Tanuvan

You know honestly I have checked temps on a 250hps (Lumitek Digital) vs 6-42 watts cfls (Roughly the same wattage) and the HPS by far puts out more heat. (*note* with cool tube it was about the same temp as floro...cooltubes might not be possible in small setups)

The conclusion that I have come to is that perhaps over time theoretically both setups produce the same amount of heat, however, the HPS produces its heat MUCH faster, and therefore needs more ventilation.

With this in mind, the total cubic footage of the grow area becomes very important.

Latest posts

Latest posts