What's new

150 HPS SCROG Cab Thread - Mother's Finest

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
Hey DMAN - Just gonna keep a mother in veg for a while. I have 6 Sour Bubbles in veg right now, so I'm gonna finish those and choose a mother, then start a new variety and repeat. I got some Sour D, Schrom D and Warlock coming up after the Bubbles. I bought BasicD too but they were lost in the mail apparently..... Anyway, I'm just building a giant rubbermaid mother tub with floros, train them like bonzais etc. That's the plan anyway. Eventually, I probably do a dual screen of the rotten apple MF. Probably not till next year though. Not that it's not good :canabis: , just too many other things to try. I want to have a choice of 5 -6 varieties to grow from clone at any time. I've got an small interest in another grow my buddy is doing with some of my old lights, so I want to be able to get him clones too. He is using my old 1000W Hortilux setup and a pretty nice fan I dont need anymore.

I'll put up some shots of the SBs in Bogs forum, it's not that interesting just yet :smile: Pretty uniform though so far. I am not sure I will do a scrog this time, might just do some topping and then get on to the next batch.

MS

skroddumb

how did you aquire those muffin fans? im going to steal your exhausting idea, i only have one 70cfp' bathroom fan right now and theyve been staying cool with minor venting, but i have 150w hps as well with 100w worth of CFL's for blue spec. heat stays good on mine, but i need to get better bulbs for it, worms way doesnt carry any 150w ones? fuckin bastards. whered you get your bulb for that? im dying to know.
--they look great btw
goodluck

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
Hey Skroddumb -

You can get the muffin fans here - go with the appropriate CFM size for your application - do 115 VAC though.
http://www.hosfelt.com/index.html?target=dept_84.html&lang=en-us

Also, order the Fan cord for $1.25
http://www.hosfelt.com/index.html?target=dept_84.html&lang=en-us

Now, the wire they send you doesn't have a plug on it... you need to take yo azz to home depot and buy a standard plug which is made to connect these types of wires to. All you do is strip the wire and connect it with a screwdriver to the plug housing. Pretty simple and safe too.

Be careful not to put your finger in the fan - these things are powerful and can jack you up!

While you're at Home Depot, you can pick up a 150W HPS replacement bulb. around $25 bucks. If you're talking about the supplemental 150W CFL I added to the corner, there again is Home dePOT - just make sure you get the right spectrum for what you are trying to do. PS - they say it EQUATES to 150W - it only uses 43watts though. This is the spiral kind of CFL fyi

Hope this helped. :joint: :joint: :joint:
MS

skroddumb

ive got plenty of bulbs, but im looking for "designer" ones, the one i am using is good, but the other 3 i bought are intenesly hot. im looking for one which is cooler and doesnt project heat as much, heat is a huge issue in my cab for some reason.
but thank you, i will be ordering 2 of those tomorrow.
and the 150w cfl whatd that run you for? i got 2 40 watt ones that create a tiny bit of heat and produce a lil amount of light, i might switch to one big 150w cfl, im rippin on yo style...crimpin it!!

lol

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
Cool - does your HPS hood have a glass cover? I tried it with the glass on and off and the radiant temp was less with the glass on. Creates more of a vacuum with the fan I guess. I can put my hand on the glass with the fan running, without it on- it's too hot to touch.

Maybe the heat is because your passive intakes are too small? How big are they compared to your exhaust hole? The area of the intake port(s) should be twice the size of the exhaust port, otherwise, you'll get heat buildup. Maybe take a look at that... If you have to open the cab doors to cool it down then more or bigger intakes will have a similar effect. Plus it's real hot this time of year, at least where I'm at. I'm seeing avg temps increase in my cab right now, nothing dangerous. The higher ambient temp definitely causes higher cab temps.

The 150W CFL is only like $15 bucks or something, screws right in to standard light socket - it's nice for supplementing the HPS - mine is the Red Spectrum (Warm White I believe).

Anyway, good luck - let me know if I can help :joint: :joint: :joint: MS

phatdubba

help needed

help needed

hi when scrogging do u let the plant grow through the mesh then loop it back under ? thinking of giving it a go.