What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

15 weeks sativa, overfed?

Tranquilidade

This is destroyer cross at week 7 of flower, 1 gal pot, watering with 6.3 PH rain water with Cal/Mag 0.2 EC and TerraFlores 1.0 EC. Feeding each watering every 3 days. Yellowing starts from middle fan leaves and progressing upwards. So I guess this is overfed plant? Should I flush her with rain water only or should I flush her with ph'ed water? Or this is completely different issue?
feed.jpg

Popey

Veteran
I'm curious about the answer because I've had this problem many times.

In my opinion, the reason was that the pot was too small. The roots have overgrown the entire surface of the pot and now there are problems with watering.

I only use cal-mag during vegetative growth because it has too much nitrogen. Then I use tap water, which has calcium and a little magnesium, but no nitrogen.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Remember when there is too much salt in the substrate the water will be pulled out or sucked out of the plant's leaves causing a claw. Water always follows salt and too much salt will pull water back to the excess salts.

Do a pour thur and test the EC or ppm to find out what you have in the pot. If you have too high of an EC then add enough RO or plain rainwater to lower the EC.

I'm curious about the answer because I've had this problem many times.

Boron + phosphorus. Not that adding P this late is a good idea.

I've spent years tracking the epigenetic devolution of Cannabis from distinct therapeutic sativa qualities to useless muddled indica types. Of course I never bothered telling my boss that the 'legacy' info I'm tasked with scouring through is a complete waste of time, drug dealer fairy tales and repeated untrue myths. A complete waste of time but I'll ride it out. This is where your tax money goes. This is why it takes 3 hours to get booked into jail. Trying to extract information from criminals is a waste of time, why not milk it.

One consistent observable trend, about the only thing gained from my time on the program is that breeders increasingly select plants that are good at taking up P and B in bad soil mixes. The word 'selection' is so pretentious. It will be used as a trigger word from here on out.

All the good genetics have been selected out by ignorant arrogant breeders. We discovered this when our deficiency trials yielded marketable product. The guys who copy photos of other people's plants for their website. The guys with the animated deficiency charts and Avon multi level marketing. This has led to a huge gap in quality and a huge gap in communication. 2 different languages being spoke in Cannabis today. One language is propping up a perfume industry. China is producing hemp derived terps for California weed? It's about to happen again. Another step in each direction of the quality ladder, another tower of Babel event. Today's kids have been told to add Gypsum and calmag, for the terps I guess, I dunno. God knows. They already got 400ppm S in solution and enough calmag to choke a horse. And they've been telling us not to kill our fancy rice microbes with liquid nutes.. Keep adding that sulfur boys.. for the terps..

Phosphorus and boron. All the youtubers are getting curious why their plants suck. They added the relabeled potassium sulfate and barley malt (6% phytase activity, more waste of time and money, can't even release its own phytin at that rate), why are all their leaves ugly, falling off left and right, why their Strawberry strain tastes like compost terps? -P -B

figure_6_new_fmt.png

Does anyone else think the controls in this P deficiency trial are already P deficient? And that's the problem. Today's expert weed growers don't know much about growing weed. Blame nitrogen lol

Rgd

Veteran
I get the uglies some time ..wish I knew

I know with coco its from not cal/mag charging it

its either:

too much watering
too much phos causing lockout of N?
too much N causing lock out of N[lol]
wrong ph
too high an ec
too cold

too high an ec for the temps

yeh I don't know either<------

Nannymouse

Okay, so what is the best balanced ratio for the macros, and micros, including boron? My tap and RO are zero hardness, 180 alkalinity.

Tranquilidade

Temps are 71F / 22 C, RH 60. All other plants in the tent don't have these issues but all destroyers does. I've read that they require almost 1/4 of recommended nuts, but growing in 1 gal pot it's challenging. Tomorrow I will water with pure rainwater and I will measure the runoff.

Lumpy-Gravy

Yeah 22 isn’t adequate. Is that air temps? If so your root one will be below 20. It’ll not uptake nutrients properly.

By just saying 22 I’m assuming that’s lights on? If so lights off will be way too cold. You need to get them up to mid twenties at least. Even then I think that’s a bit too nippy.

Get a heat mat and keep those roots warm and stick the central heating on. They can’t be suffering from deficiency or toxicity unless you give them the environment to feed. The appearance of deficiency/toxicity isn’t always related to a lack or glut of one thing or another. It’s like trying to take a swig from a bottle with the lid still on …

Lumpy-Gravy

Don’t forget cold roots will affect EC. You might have a high EC because they’re not feeding. Reset the medium and turn the heating on …

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
For me ,,
Running 3x 600w then 70 deg would work at lights off but defo not with lights on ,,
77-81 deg will be snug for them ,,
There cold,,,,,

Tranquilidade

I flushed with pure rain water and the runoff was 1.4 EC which is a way too much for this variety, so @Creeperpark was right again. I continued to flush till 0.7 EC and will start feeding again with 0.7 EC with my next watering. I have Canna Terra Flores, CalMag, and PK 13/14, which nutes you would recommend to use after the flush?

Last edited:

Lumpy-Gravy

0.7 at 7 weeks flower? That’s not enough for a seedling. Have you turned the heating on? … Unless you turn the heating on it’s not worth doing anything. It’s cold. Cold plants won’t feed. IE Pot EC will rise by adding more salts.

Tranquilidade

You cant feed them every time with watering
These plants are in the same tent, they don't look to me like they are suffering. They are fed every time.

0.7 at 7 weeks flower? That’s not enough for a seedling. Have you turned the heating on? … Unless you turn the heating on it’s not worth doing anything. It’s cold. Cold plants won’t feed. IE Pot EC will rise by adding more salts.

I know the temps are not ideal, but again, the below plants are not looking that bad, considering the fact they are 3 weeks before harvesting.

Attachments

• nckc.jpeg
    nckc.jpeg
    977.6 KB · Views: 33
  • kc-x-pn.jpeg
    kc-x-pn.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
  • 2F96FC2E-CDED-42F3-A335-1A1DF5149FC0 2.JPG
    2F96FC2E-CDED-42F3-A335-1A1DF5149FC0 2.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 47

Lumpy-Gravy

They’re not 16 week sativas …. Different strokes for different folks. I can’t imagine your room being 22 isn’t causing your problems or at the least exacerbating them. Before messing with potions and lotions you need the right environment. A hygrometer that records highs and lows is priceless otherwise you’re just guessing. All the P/K in the world won’t heat that root zone up.

Lumpy-Gravy

In my experience 22c is fine.
Hmmm … I’m not convinced you can grow good weed plants in 22 degree air temps especially if your not making an effort to keep root zones warm. Maybe things bred for outdoors growers can cope. He doesn’t know what his temps even are. I bet it’s not even 22. I’ll stick to keeping my plants warm. Keep feeding a cold rootzone. Good luck with that one …

Tranquilidade

Lumpygr
Hmmm … I’m not convinced you can grow good weed plants in 22 degree air temps especially if your not making an effort to keep root zones warm. Maybe things bred for outdoors growers can cope. He doesn’t know what his temps even are. I bet it’s not even 22. I’ll stick to keeping my plants warm. Keep feeding a cold rootzone. Good luck with that one …
Mate I totally get that my roots are too cold, but I can’t heat them right now, so I want figure out what’s best in the current situation. Usually it’s 18-19 at night and 22-24 at day. If I turn more heating in the room, then I can’t control humidity. It’s not always you’re in full control of your enviroment. I’m still learning and I’m ok with few plants being not perfect.

Latest posts

Latest posts