What's new

145W CFL Stealth Cab[UNDER £60!] 99% Complete...

KIDDbrown

this is just a lil something i put toether this evening. i still have to add weather strippin to the door to seal the front door for light but other than that the rear intake and side exhaust is light proof. its just shy of a meter tall. i used a 105W CFL and mixed it with 2 20W CFLs for the variation of the spectrum. the intake and exhaust pvcs are 2.5cm diameter and painted black on the inside to kill the light. the fans i used are 1 120mm and two 80mm(enough airflow ehh?). and like i said all i need to do is seal off the front door with weather stripping and this badboy is ready for a killer SHROG. sorry i got a bit messy with the gorilla glue, it has a mind of its own, that ill scrape off the bulbs tomorrow(had to let it dry). also im gonna hang a homemade carbon scrubber made from active carbon for aquarium filters and an old BUT clean sock. any questions, comments, sugestions, whatever, please feel free to post.
DSCN0217.jpg
DSCN0218.jpg

DSCN0219.jpg

DSCN0220.jpg

DSCN0222.jpg

G

Interesting........I've never seen a spiral cfl that large before. :chin:
I do like how you have 2 locks on your cab.........keeps honest people honest!! hehehe

Good growin to ya.

Bh

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Looks friggin awesome so far bro, i cant wait to see a grow in this thing :lurk:. GoodLuck!

KIDDbrown

thank you pontiac and bipedal.

yeah that cfl i had to brag about when i got it haha. its a bit tricky sometimes to get fitted. it spans the cab from corner to corner diagonally. one thing i forot to mention that was so nice when i got this cab was that the interior came white, how perfect! i was plannin on gettin the plywood cut and i would assemble it but i was strollin thru the hardware store and saw this made by closetmaid and it was only £10!

cid420

um not to dis u or anything but hows the lumens gonna carry that far i woulda put the smaller bulbs lower down mine all set up adjustable so i can keep them inch away from plants

KIDDbrown

yes the 105W CFL does screw into a regular socket. i had to cut down some of the flange around the socket tho for the ballast to fit in properly.

as for the height both the screen and the shelf are height adjustable. the sides of the cabinet have holes in which you can raise or lower the shelves and i plan to be doin that

dont worry bro, no offense taken

hgl

Yeah yeah! Micro grow on the way here ;) I'll keep watching!

And I think your airflow is very enough ! In our 2 rubbermaid setup we had only one 90mm fan for intake and a 90mm hole for intake and the airflow (I think) was enough...!

Cya!!! :wave:

cid420

ahh sweet , maybe was the glue that made me think it was fixxed , nice looking cab though very close to same set up here 1.5x1.5 2 high , i would recommend gold mylar wrapping paper 3bucks a roll my plants luv the stuff , allso looks bad ass

KIDDbrown

hmm ill take a look for it today when i go to the hardware store. gotta pick up some perlite and return the weather striping i bought yesterday. too thick

xsailbox

how does it look from the side?
how did you mount the pvc to the holes? with the gorilla glue?
those 3 pvc fans... are they all set up for exhaust?
the pvc exhaust would be considered passive then right? just wondering about the airflow from intakes to exhast... looks like the fans just move air around the cab than exhaust it out...

KIDDbrown

from the side it just looks like your ordinary cabinet with a 26mm hole in the top corner. the pvc i used CA glue(crazy glue) to mount with. the area above the shelf where i have to fans mounted is sealed and therefore the exhaust is passive. it flows pretty nicely and keeps the cabinet at a steady temp. i recently sewed some Local Chronic in the cabinet. i wanted to wait till i obtained my Nirvana White Rhino but i got too anxious

KIDDbrown

the seedlings should be showing tonight cause i saw a little green last night when i went to water them. i dunno about photos tho cause i recently jammed my zoom on my camera and it doesnt work at all and my camera phone screen recently took a shit so im gonna have to find a way to document this grow quick!

G

i was using that exact same cab for a while. works alright huh? hope your ggrows goin well

bongasaurus

king of the dinosaurs
Veteran
dont you think that screen is a little tight for scrogging?

otherwise, very nice set up. are you over the pond? like mentioned before, never seen a CFL of such a sort