What's new

140 gallon RDWC

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Yes. I used too.
I had/have a CHHC-1, EVC-2, and PPM-1 environment controllers.
The EVC-2 and PPM-1 work hand in hand with eachother.
Since I could only run so many things off the CHHC-1, it popped the breaker sometimes, so I got the 2 controllers that work together so I didnt overload the thing anymore.
I ended up selling the CHHC-1 and just have the other two now.
I also use 2- PXM-1 power expanders. Love these things.

Yo bro, how much are you running off your controller? Have you ever had issue with overloading it?

EDIT****

Never mind again....thats what the 2- PXM-1 power expanders are for.....never knew those existed. Very cool.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Yo bro, how much are you running off your controller? Have you ever had issue with overloading it?

EDIT****

Never mind again....thats what the 2- PXM-1 power expanders are for.....never knew those existed. Very cool.

You just gave me a nice chuckle this morning. Thanx Benny. :tiphat:
I have my a/c connected to my EVC-2. My fans are connected to my power strip. My humid/dehumidifier is on a seperate curcuit. The PXM-1 power expanders are for my 2-600w hps lamps in flower room. T-5's and a fan in the veg room on 1 curcuit. I use 2 curcuits for my whole grow.
Im disconnecting my stove and hooking up a 240v PXM-2 power expander and running 2 - 1000w lamps from it in abit.

B

BredForMeds

dude my grow is small.. only 2 5x5 flower rooms.. and I have been hitting 2.5-3 pounds per room.. every 45 days or so . a big setup isn't ness if u run the right strains and are good at growing

Bennyweed1

Veteran
dude my grow is small.. only 2 5x5 flower rooms.. and I have been hitting 2.5-3 pounds per room.. every 45 days or so . a big setup isn't ness if u run the right strains and are good at growing

damnnn what strains and wattage are you packing in there?

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran

2 flower rooms and a veg room? Right? Pics please.
I grow under 2- 600w HPS lamps in the flower room and get around 2 elbows per grow.
If I had 2- 1000w lamps Ide get 3 elbows per grow easy.
You have 2- 1000's? or 2- 600's?

B

BredForMeds

my thing is .. i have 2 5x5x7 flower rooms.. 1 veg room at 5x5x5 and and the 2 feet i have above my veg room i made a shelving unit.. that holds 4-6 domes depending on which way i place them.. i run 1000ws in my flower rooms.. and a 600w for my veg room.. and 2 foot floros over my domes.

its all about finding the right pheno.. i spent 2 years phenohunting.. and out of 1000 seeds.. ive kept 8 females after running the females a few times each.. i ran the pheno hunt in 20oz cups and took clones off the females that were extremely vigorous.. and then revegged anything that i thought was worth it..

and i have had shitty yields and great yields.. it all depends.. but my lowest was 12 zips per light.. and my highest was almost 3.3 pounds a light..

the thing for me is. only running strains that grow well together.. and grow well in a crowded environment.. ive had plants that if they were around the outer edge of the grow.. they wouldn't yield dick.. so i found that i cant run more then 2 strains in each room.. or i don't hit the yields i want.

its more about really knowing your strain. and what it likes nutes wise.. environment wise.. and if it can grow nice buds in a crowded environment..

pics wont be coming until i get a good camera.. i have pics on my cell phone.. but i don't wana post them because they probably contain info i don't want to get out.

B

BredForMeds

You just gave me a nice chuckle this morning. Thanx Benny. :tiphat:
I have my a/c connected to my EVC-2. My fans are connected to my power strip. My humid/dehumidifier is on a seperate curcuit. The PXM-1 power expanders are for my 2-600w hps lamps in flower room. T-5's and a fan in the veg room on 1 curcuit. I use 2 curcuits for my whole grow.
Im disconnecting my stove and hooking up a 240v PXM-2 power expander and running 2 - 1000w lamps from it in abit.

do you run a AC in the winter?

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Things are looking alright. I busted the glass around the cooltube...lol

have not gone over 475ppm/.95ec, pH has been real solid.

picture.php

picture.php

This plant looks healthy but has some funky yellow marks on the older lower leafs.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

These 4 are going so much better then the first round...lol. Now I just have to work on the size..........

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Here are the new plants in bloom. See what I mean, I need to get there size increased...

picture.php

Which is now why I have my plants setup for an 8wk veg. I can not seem to get that fast vigorous growth like I see around here.

They sit in this lil flood tray for their first 4 wks under a 75w t5. These girls are one week in.

picture.php

Then they go into the RDWC for their last 4 wks under two LEDs @ about 285w combined. This batch didnt get their first four wks in the flood table because cycle wasnt caught up. Now im good to good reloading 4 plants every 4 wks.

picture.php

picture.php

The veg tent housing
picture.php

I changed nutrients in my veg area yesterday.

Last edited:

Bennyweed1

Veteran
I like'em, I had these lights for almost four years and they still work great. I havent vegged with the LEDs in a while so I had to bust them back out.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Here is a new little preveg area I setup. I have 8 plants so I can select the 4 most healthy to send through.

picture.php

Just a small ebb n flow under a t5 and LED. Look how that camera perfectly split the two color spectrum's. Pretty cool looking.

Last edited:

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
That is pretty neat Benny.
Whats that small black square thing on top of the can filter? (C)OOLTRON?
Are you using that to pull the air through your carbon scrubber?
I guess being a small veg room, with little smell, maybe you dont need an inline fan.
Does it actually pull enough air through it to make a difference?

Bennyweed1

Veteran
That is pretty neat Benny.
Whats that small black square thing on top of the can filter? (C)OOLTRON?
Are you using that to pull the air through your carbon scrubber?
I guess being a small veg room, with little smell, maybe you dont need an inline fan.
Does it actually pull enough air through it to make a difference?

haha ya man you are exactly right. Its a small cooltron fan. It is a small 3'x'3'x6.5' tent so it actually does work for that little area. The fan it came with broke so I rigged that up. All my other filters have inlines....dont worry and good on ya for noticing! haha thats funny shit.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Turned my aero clonner into a fogger.

picture.php

picture.php

I bought a 2 head fogger to help raise the RH in my bloom area but it wasnt big enough and did nothing so I am giving this a try.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Hey how is it going peeps?!

So from out the gate I have been thinking my growth has been slow and lacking. I thought it was my learning curve, trying to figure it all out.

Here is the thing, the plants in veg seem to go days without growing. I promise you, they grown an inch or less a week.

I have been playing with my nutrients this whole time..trying to find that sweet spot but it isnt happening.

I was at 350ppm for a hunk of time and that plants more of less seemed dormant. They werent dying, but werent growing, just kinda of remained that==e same. So I pulled the nutes back down to 200ppm, while they looked a little better and the leafs started to purk up, the overal plants started to turn yellow. Then I raised it back up too 340ppm and the leafs started to curl. pH meters are calibrated every week.

I am left thinking it is my pH. I normally set her at 6.0 and let it ride up......perhaps my plants like a lower pH....I have tried everything else except messing with the pH.

I get so damn jealous looking at all these RDWC guys with badass growth. I need to get there!

Latest posts

Latest posts