What's new

13 weeks so is she ready to cut UPDATE

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Ok so yesterday morning I watered my 2 plants, one with nuts and the northern lights auto just water. 1.5 L each and just moments ago I checked and the tray the fabric pot sits in was full of water. So the NL is not consuming all the water, the other plant is still taking the full 1.5 L. No idea why, Is this normal ?
No it's not normal for one plant to move water and the other not move any. When the plant stops transpiring water it usually means the roots are damaged. I wouldn't water the plants at the same time anymore. Don't water the plant in question for a while and allow it to dry more between waterings.

Make sure you move the air in the grow area to remove unwanted water. The air in a grow area should be exchanged at least every five minutes, or once every three to five minutes, for optimal airflow. A general recommendation is to select a fan with a CFM equal to the volume of the room so that the air in the grow space is replaced once every minute. For example, a 5' x 5' x 6' grow tent has 150 sq/ft of air, so the air should be exchanged every five minutes. A filter and fan that can move between 30 and 60 cubic feet per minute (CFM) is needed for optimal airflow Google

goingrey

I would have to disagree and say that yes, it is normal.

Towards the end of their lives plants can start drinking less. This may be the case with the NL.

Otherwise Creeperpark's advice is good. Be careful with the watering for that one as it's not drinking it up quick which can end in drowned roots which then eventually shows up above ground, worst case as bud rot.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
I got this with most/every grow. At the end of the flowerphase the plants drink less for some days. With the normal 9+ weeks hybrids it's something like 2 weeks before harvest, with longerflowering sativas it could be a few more weeks(something like 3-4).
When using fertilizer i'd prefere to give my last ferts prior to this watering.

Vondetour

I got this with most/every grow. At the end of the flowerphase the plants drink less for some days. With the normal 9+ weeks hybrids it's something like 2 weeks before harvest, with longerflowering sativas it could be a few more weeks(something like 3-4).
When using fertilizer i'd prefere to give my last ferts prior to this watering.
Glad you said that, I remember on the dude grow show them saying near the end of life they don't drink as much or quit drinking. And the northern lights is about ready to harvest while the other plant is about 3-4 weeks into flowering.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
When the plant switches from physical flower production to mostly oil production, the nutrient needs are drastically reduced. The first sign (when all other variables are normal) is the reduction in transpiration rate due to the (now) higher than necessary level of available nutrients.

When you drop the nutrient levels enough, the transpiration rate will go back up to almost the same as at peak flowering.

FYI, this is also the point where the vast majority of properly fed grows suddenly lose quality due to overfeeding. ;) Overfeeding is the quality killer which never flushes out.

Vondetour

I would have to disagree and say that yes, it is normal.

Towards the end of their lives plants can start drinking less. This may be the case with the NL.

Otherwise Creeperpark's advice is good. Be careful with the watering for that one as it's not drinking it up quick which can end in drowned roots which then eventually shows up above ground, worst case as bud rot.
Well I did cut back with the water and will check it in a bit.
When the plant switches from physical flower production to mostly oil production, the needs are drastically reduced. The first sign (when all other variables are normal) is the reduction in transpiration rate due to the (now) higher than necessary level of available nutrients.

When you drop the nutrient levels enough, the transpiration rate will go back up to almost the same as at peak flowering.

FYI, this is also the point where the vast majority of properly fed grows suddenly lose quality due to overfeeding. ;) Overfeeding is the quality killer which never flushes out.
Well I've stopped feeding nutrients and just giving water for the last 4 days so I'm good there, 27 may will be 100 days and that's when I plan to harvest and 7 weeks of flowering.

Latest posts

Latest posts