What's new

126W LED Scrog with Aero: Pineapple Express & LSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEDGirl

Veteran
A few weeks back my wife and I decided we wanted some new variety, and began looking at various seeds online.

In total we ordered 6 new strains, and received 9 including the ones for free. We are only choosing to grow 6 of our new strains at this time, in order to keep a little variety for the future (plus we only grow so many plants). A few days ago (Tuesday or Wednesday) my first few packets of seeds arrived! I eagerly opened the packages and inspected the contents. A few days later my last few packages arrived, and here's what everything looks like:

DSC02352E.jpg

My oh my does it feel like Christmas! So many beautiful little packages containing such toxic little strains :rolleyes: Anyhow, when the first set of packages arrived I quickly removed two seeds from LA Confidential, Pineapple Express, LSD, and Yumbolt 47 and placed them into separate baggies inside of wet toilet paper. Within 24 hours I had several plants that began to pop out of their shells, so I tucked them neatly inside of a rapid rooter plug to begin growing. Within 48 hours all of the seeds had germinated and were placed in rapid rooters. Today (Friday) my last set of seeds arrived, so I began the germination process. From the seeds I germinated earlier on in the week, 2 were fully opened with their first baby leaves showing, and 2 others are very close to the surface (should be out tomorrow), so I transplanted them to their new home. I'll transplant the other clones into this tray as well, as they begin to emerge from their pods. Here are the photos I took this evening, 11-6-09:

DSC02353E.jpg

9" Above:

DSC02356E.jpg

LSD #1

DSC02358E.jpg

Yumbolt 47:
DSC02359E.jpg

Pineapple Express:
DSC02361E.jpg

So I'll be showing the growth rate of these girls over the next several weeks, just to give you a demo of what a single 126W light does for the vegetative stage. Ultimately these plants will become mothers and will be transferred into my other room. In about 2-3 weeks when the Pineapple Express and LSD plants are ready to be cloned, I will be taking 2 clones from each to do a Scrog grow with the aero system shown in the pictures. From that point on I will take the plants all the way through bloom and you'll get to watch every step of the way.

So hit back, enjoy the pictures, and watch what you can do with 126W of LED in your garden!

Last edited by a moderator:
I

irishboy

nice setup, cant wait to see this u have some killer strains their.

dirtyshawa

ok, i'm on the hook. i'm about to swap out my 1000w lumatek for 2 420w cfl systems just for all the benefits that you claim your leds give. i'm at a point in reasoning which i say to myself this guy has gone through a whole hell of alot of trouble to push his product in order to show how great it works. i'm not a pesimist and i pride myself on how well i judge character but, i'm still wrestling with the personal gamble on a relatively new product, but, i'm definitley on the hook. so, here's are a few questions i have relative to my operation(sorry if they've been answered, please direct me if they have);

1. is the light spectrum for both veg and flower or would i have specify when purchasing?

2. not trying to get in your business or how you operate, but, do you have an actual place of business where your units can be purchased? my brother played ball for gonzaga and said he'd pick up the units for me(i'm on the east coast).

3. i run a 4 x 4 tent and i see the degrees of your systems vary, could you explain exactly what this means? are you refering to the angle of the light and if so, what do you suggest for my space? i was thinking 1 standard and 2 angled or would you recommend a more conventional, leveled, side by side setup?

it's crazy because, i was looking for a lighting system with all the benefits of leds but, trying to sift through the negativity and complacency when it comes to lighting can be a bit much. then, what do you know you show up. i tell you technology is crazy, just upgraded two tv's to lcd's, now i have to upgrade them to oled's.:crazy::wallbash:

LEDGirl

Veteran
1. is the light spectrum for both veg and flower or would i have specify when purchasing?

Our lights were developed for all stages of growth. There is no need to use various colors for veg or bloom with LED, as plants use both red and blue for photosynthesis at every stage. We've dialed in the perfect ratio to carry out fast vegetative growth, with explosive bloom growth all in 1 unit. If you would prefer a blue-centric unit for your veg plants though, I could swap out our 3000k whites for 6500k's.

2. not trying to get in your business or how you operate, but, do you have an actual place of business where your units can be purchased? my brother played ball for gonzaga and said he'd pick up the units for me(i'm on the east coast).

I had a brick and mortar store during the first few months of this year, but closed it to focus on internet sales. The internet thus far has been a lot nicer to us than our retail location was... So no, I don't have a place of business currently, where your brother could pick them up. About 98% of our units are drop-shipped anyhow, as it costs the same for me to send them to you, as it does to me. To avoid wasting money, and time, I usually ship the lights to you directly from the factory. It would actually cost you more and take longer to have your brother get them from me if he wanted to meet up...

3. i run a 4 x 4 tent and i see the degrees of your systems vary, could you explain exactly what this means? are you refering to the angle of the light and if so, what do you suggest for my space? i was thinking 1 standard and 2 angled or would you recommend a more conventional, leveled, side by side setup?

60 degree is for plants up to 42" tall, 30 degree is for plants over that. The degree is the emitting angle of light from the LED. The narrower the angle, the brighter the beam it creates. Most LED's use 120 degree LED's in their units, which is why they have penetration issues. For a 4' x 4' space, I recommend 4 of our 126W units. They'll give you more yield put together than a 1000W HID without trying.

LEDGirl

Veteran
I took a few more pictures today to show you guys the progress. There are now 3 new seedlings, and 1 more almost there. I have a LA Confidential that should be ready to transplant tomorrow as well, so things are coming along rather quickly.

LSD #1:
DSC02371.JPG

Yumbolt 47 #1:
DSC02372.JPG

Pineapple Express #1:
DSC02373.JPG

Pineapple Express #2:

DSC02374.JPG

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm a big LED fan but I find this statement very hard to believe...people pull 2 lbs with 1k of HPS

For a 4' x 4' space, I recommend 4 of our 126W units. They'll give you more yield put together than a 1000W HID without trying.

LEDGirl

Veteran
I'm a big LED fan but I find this statement very hard to believe...people pull 2 lbs with 1k of HPS

In the 504W Grow that you can see on this same forum, one of my customers (a personal friend) did just over a pound with 2 of our 126W units. She's no pro, but she's a great gardener. So while you may find it hard to believe, the data has already been proven on another thread. Lastly, most persons tend to average .5-.6grams per watt with HID (just over a pound per thousand), and very few people reach 1.0grams per watt or higher (2-2.5 pounds). I'm a member on several forums, and there was a vote recently on 420Mag about the best growers and what they were yielding with their HID's. Most of them were still striving for 1.0 grams per watt with consistency, and averaging .7-.85 grams per watt.

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice setup ill be watching this one closely..!!!

LEDGirl

Veteran
I put A-Train and Alaskan Ice into rapid rooters today, as they began to pop out of their seeds. I also transplanted LA Confidential #1, and LSD #2 into the aero system, though they have not yet popped their first two leaves.

Here are some update photos from today, 11-8-09:

LSD #1:

DSC02375.JPG

Yumbolt 47 #1:
DSC02379.JPG

Pineapple Express #1:
DSC02376.JPG

Pineapple Express #2:
DSC02378.JPG

LEDGirl

Veteran
So I took some more pictures for fun. The LA Confidential popped up to say hi, and Yumbolt 47 #2 is almost out of her seed.

These pictures were taken 11-10-09:

LSD #1:
DSC02386.JPG

Yumbolt 47 #1:
DSC02388.JPG

Pineapple Express #1:
DSC02390.JPG

Pineapple Express #2:
DSC02392.JPG

LA Confidential #1:
DSC02394.JPG

Yumbolt 47 #2:
DSC02395.JPG

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
nice set up grow girl... that will be a nice experiment...

is your flower room with led too ? it's gonna be fun !

LEDGirl

Veteran
Rapid Rooter Plugs, in 3" pots, surrounded by Hydroton in an aeroponics system.

Yes, my bloom room is LED, but these plants will be bloomed under a single 126W light, not in my bloom room which has 1512W LED.

LEDGirl

Veteran
I took a picture in my bloom room tonight for fun, as a "prelude" for what's to come. I plan on posting my perpetual grow on the forums within the next 2-3 days, and all of my plants are monsters like this one:

Photo0348E.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi LEDgirl, im very interested in scrog and get good yields myself. what size is your scrog going to be under the 126 watt unit? :)

thanks

V.

Status
Not open for further replies.