What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

12/12 lighting for LRs

Like lets say 4 3000k t5 @ 12/12 tehy stretch alot for me
... has this happened to anyone? i figured this would be a good thing for discussion... liek i noticed they do different things with different lighting.

I N Hail

Growing Grower AKA Wasted Rock Ranger
Veteran
Spj
Just read a post (couldn't find it now) that it best to run them on a 18/6 or 20/4 for best results .

I N Hail

y would u want an auto flowering strain 12/12? small ass yeild. throw them bitches under 18/6 or straight 24 n ur chillin..

2tokes

C

curts1

I´ve used 12/12 cause I´m growing my AR´s with some sativas I´m trying to flower and the results have been OK. If I was just growing ARs I´d go for 18/6.

C

curts1

Three girls grew out nicely but the yield was uneven, one plant giving 50% of the harvest. I´d say the total was around 75 grams max for all of them. Looks like the LR2xAK47 will be a better yield, also looking forward to the Dielseryder I have going, both on 12/12.

the auto ak is alittle discouraging to me,,,first time wit af's and i heard their sensative,,plus space is kind of an issue also. i usually go with lst'ing regular seed.. autoflowering is a better option since im ale to fit more plants in one space.
keep em growin.

2tokes

no im not asking what to run my lights on or anything. im sayign 3000K on 12/12 Stretch my LRs out way tall. so i know my 18/6 create regular size lrs. and 24/0 makes them fat ... i mean i did these with 1 3000k t5 and the 1 6500k t5, but the one time i used 2 3000k on the lr it strecthed alot adn was seeing basically ... like all blue lights would do on 12/12 or all 3000k on 24/0 // was checking if anyone received any diffrent results than i?

Yellowmoon

My ak47 x lr2 grew ok with 12/12 lights -- I also had some short day sativas growing at the same time so there was no choice, but the yield was allright anyways (250w hps). I doubt they woulda swollen much more with 21/3 or something.

C

curts1

YM: What was your yield on the AK47XLR2? Mine are spreading quite a bit, height is about 12in max. I have them under 600W HPS, distance about 1m do to my sativas being around 1m tall.

Yellowmoon

I didn't weigh the plant but I'm saying 25/30g max, it branched nicely and was 15 inches tall in the end...

Here's hoping peoples get some more ak-47 oriented individuals... my baby had more lowryder2 in it I think.

C

curts1

I´ve had two grows with LR2 and the AK47 hybrid is totally different -broad leaves, dark green, branching a lot more and wider etc. How was the smoke? The LR2 is very trippy and I´m actually looking for more of a painkilling effect.

K

kallenavndk

Yeah dont go 12/12 on auto flowers hehe they need the light 4 yield or else shit harvest big time .....i did once and will absolutly knewe do it again to much waist of energy...

Yellowmoon

The smoke was pretty psychoactive but pleasing, not really terribly different from lr2 except smoother and maybe less potent... then again, so many factors can play into this and 1 plant was all I had.

Anyone got a diesel ryder smoke report?

Troy.No

"The ideal light cycle is in fact of 20 hours of light and 4 of darkness during the whole life of the plant."

This is what the breeder says about Auto AK's (lr x ak47), i assume it will be the best
for all AF's.

algiukas

same smoke of lr #2 was for me , what narcotic high just make u sick sometime , really something impressive , but the best thing is smelll , what citrus -forest just brilliant you can feel it in taste , it's like once try never stop :))