What's new

12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

nola

Check out my 12/12 thread

Check out my 12/12 thread

I just harvested my first crop using 12/12 in a micro grow using 4-43W cfl's. The plant was AK-48 that was a clone that had vegged for a couple of weeks. I got it when it was 6-8" tall and I immediately threw it under the 12/12 cycle.

The plant got no bigger than 15" but I harvested 2.24 oz of bud (wet).

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=114924

bongoman

Interesting thread.

I suppose this is what I do outdoors - I plant a few seeds AFTER the summer solstice as the nights are getting longer so that the plants are triggered early.

This allows me to grow shorter plants of strains I might not otherwise be able to grow.

Do you believe ,that there are 80 grams?
picture.php

its from one plant 8)

l33t

Veteran
great results RussianGrower

I ve had plants yield up to 100g with 12/12 from seed but usually I get an oz or two with most phenos and fast strains.
well done again mate enjoy , btw what strain is it ?

Hamburglar

Due to my tiny micro-cab, my pot sizes are very limited. Also, due to my holiday in August, I think that 12/12 from seed would be a good option for me. I have a pack of 10 Nirvana Master Kush and Nirvana Papaya. Not sure which strain to run 1st, but I'm thinking the MK. Any suggestions?

I would be using a 9"x6.5"x3.5" square shaped lunchbox as a pot. Would it be best to plant all 10 seeds (after germination) and just pull the males, keep them in dixie cups until sex is shows then repot females into the pot mentioned, or just plant 1-3 seeds and hope for the best?

Any help/input provided would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I have decided to run the MK as it is a Sat/Ini hybrid. Would it be possible to do a full seed-bud 12/12 run in just dixie cups? I know yields would be tiny, but I'd be fine with that, as long as they would make it.

l33t

Veteran
hi Hamburglar

pure MK is mostly indica if not 100% indica so I wouldn't really think that it would be the best strain for 12/12 from seed but if you grow it right you ll still get very good results .

Plant all seeds you got in dixie cups in 20 days or so max you ll cull the males and transplant to final pots to let the girls finish. You can finish plants in dixie cups but the yield will be too little , a couple grams give or take , 1-2 liters would be the very minimum pot size I d finish plants nowadays.

Hamburglar

Thanks for the quick reply.

From what I am aware, the Nirvana MK is not "the" MK, but I could be wrong.

The thing is, I can't have large pots for the ladies, rather just one big pot for one, or have a few in together. reason being my cab is tiny (15" high, 9" deep and 19" wide). I can only fit the one 2L lunchbox in there as one large pot, or have 10 dixie cups in there.

My only other option is to use 5cmx5cm square pots, but they are a bit too tall (10cm) meaning I would have to LST the crap out of them as to not burn them.

EDIT: how tall would the plants likely to get if I did 12/12 from seed in dixie cups? I'm just trying to work out all the options I have.

H

Hal

If I was you, I would find a tub about 7" tall that would fit into your cab nice and snug, fill it with some nice soil and grow in that. Thats kinda what atmosphere does, and we all have seen his results....:D

T

TwistedRemedy

does warmer temps help with young plants on 12/12? what temps are you running at?

l33t

Veteran
Hi Hamburglar

The very small pots will not give any reasonable yields as far as I m concerned .
if your space is that small perhaps you should go with less plants and bigger pot. Aim for a nice scrogged plant or two. You should def use LST in that space thats for sure. Or you could experiment with the tub idea like atmosphere's setup , it should work too.

how tall would the plants likely to get if I did 12/12 from seed in dixie cups? I'm just trying to work out all the options I have.

Well you shouldn't expect them to grow any taller than 1ft / 30cm thats for sure considering the genetics.

TwistedRemendy,

well ideally I 'd grow the young plants with kinda warm temps. Day temps around 25-26c are good and night temps around 21 give or take will be fine. Great Day-Night temp difference affects stretch so beware of that.

vast530

I dont have any pic's but Off of 3 different bag seeds( 2 indica dom and 1 sativa) I got 37 grams dry, 26, and 25 grams dry. 12/12 from seed with 500 watts of CFL. used 1.5 litre containers.

hey dudes

hey dudes

i've been reading this thread for months now and i just got my first 12/12 from seed garden goin..i've been growing regular indoor crops for years, but this 12/12 from seed thing really sparked my interests...it's a multi strain grow, 1 gal grow bags, FFOF soil, all fox farm nutes and under a 400w mh/hps...what's the pros thoughts on how some of these strains are gonna do?? heres the list: 3 fem himalaya gold, 4 power skunk, 6 white rhino, 4 hashberry, 4 kc33, 1 fem white widow, 1 fem purple lady, 1 fem northern lights, 1 fem durban poison...what can i say, i love variety!! i'm at around 8 days of 12/12 and my babies are looking great...

Attachments

• P1030965.jpg
    P1030965.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 16
  • P1030967.jpg
    P1030967.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 23
  • P1030970.jpg
    P1030970.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 20
  • bubba koOSH
    bubba koOSH
    143.8 KB · Views: 33

osirica420

Here are some seeds I made 3 weeks into 12/12 from seed. They are sitting in a window that gets 6 hours of direct sunlight , I put them on the roof sometimes for a few hours a day also. Still no sign of sex yet although one of them reaks already, they are about 6 inches atm. Entering the room you can smell a strong skunk already. They are in 80/20 coco/compost mix and fed extracted sea minerals sodium removed..:joint:

These are GHS Cheese x (ECSD x G13 Haze). I just started some DSD a few days ago they are coming along too..

Attachments

• IMG_0087.jpg
    IMG_0087.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 17

crawdad

12/12 from seed using mh

12/12 from seed using mh

Hi,
Nice thread. I have had great success using the 12/12 method and may post some pics of some of my test. I have grown some Maroc X WW, jock horror x big bud, nl x bb, as well as straight jock horror, ww, maroc afghani etc.

There are differences for sure between clones and seed placed into 12/12 as soon as possible. I have had dwarfs and some that went 6 foot tall...it depends on the strain, and the environment. There are so many variables that effect the plant it is hard to say what is reason a plant would only yield 1G. Could be dirt, water, light, etc etc..

I found that with a clone it depends on the cut and how long you can veg it. If you take a clone that is just getting roots and place it into 12/12 it will more than likely be a dwarf unless it is a nice growing tip or shoot that was healthy when you cut it...micro clones dont seem to respond well to 12/12 unless they develop a nice root structure...the root system will not form well during flowering...the best rule i have found is to let the roots develop in a party cup until they are substantial....then place into 12/12..

take a seed and a tap root and the plant should develop well...make sure you have 4" of soil to germinate in...you will get more females if the tap root has more than 3" to develop in....that is a proven fact...

i have found that if you are going to use 12/12 you will get excellent yield if you use a MH for the first few weeks, then switch to HPS...

this seems to reduce the dwarfism....

one thing i like about the 12/12 from seed method is you can go through a lot of seeds real quick....

it is fun to have a lot of different strains going at once...if i get a plant that does not show sex after 3 weeks or so I pluck it...i am looking for a fast, vigorous power plant...no time to grow anything for 120 days...45 days is my goal.

great thread...

Crawdad

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
Great thread

Great thread

High yall
Here some stuff on 12/12 from seed grown organic under 600 watts of hps lighting.

Day 10
picture.php

And day 20...culled 5 males today.
picture.php

Strains are: SensiStar X Skunk#1, Hashplant, SourD X OGK, Apollo11 and Trainwreck.

Stay Safe