What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

Smoke- jus some good ole bagseed, has a smell of vomit and fruit punch. thats the only way to describe it. everything i do is on 12/12 ive had good luck with cloning on 12/12 also. it breaks down like this. germ seeds, veg under 12/12, toss out males, take clones, then flower. unfortunently i dont keep track of days very well so i dont know how long she has been flowering. i grown in soil in 1 gal grow bags , sometimes 3 gal, with foxfarm nute, anything else jus ask

Smoke68

NICE and THANKS SmokeHouse!!! I don't know that I really wanna be smoking on a bud that tastes like I just drank some fruit punch and ralphed it all over my bud... J/K. So what kind of box are they/it growing in/ how many are in there?

the box measure 32"(t)x24"(w)x 15(D), i normally have anywhere between 4-6 girls in all different stages of flowering. flowering done under 150w hps, the mother/veg box is the same size. that box had 3x42 cfl, the light is aircooled and intake/outtake is done with pc fans and two old blowers that i found in the trash. my air flow is probably overkill if there is such thing. ill put pics of the box if you would like .

janvit

Pot size for 12/12 metode

Pot size for 12/12 metode

Hello all You 12/12 pionirs :rasta:

In my last grow i planted 1 SpeedQueen using this metode, beside other "normaly" grown plants, and I was very pleasently surprised. Now I am planing to grow a little bit more plants in SOG methode using 12/12 from seed. The pot I used for SQ was a pot of 9 liters (aprox 2 gallons). Well, I am space limited, so please if anyone can help me and adviced me what is the minimum and optimum pot volume for 12/12 from seed, and still have a good result.

Thanks in advance :jump:

janvit- u could get away with using 1 gal, get some 1 gal grow bags and pack those girls in. thats what i do, but im speaking from experience

zeloszero

:badday: ohhh maannn, wondering through this forum is making me wanna smoke sooo bad. I cant smoke until my dealer stops being dry or until my plant finishes.

I'm currently growing Top44 12/12 from seed. its 5 inches right now, and just started flowering. might be just 6 weeks until i get to smoke little Sasami (thats what i named her) supposed to be a fast flowering strain. I'll post some pics soon.

Anybody else growing top44 with this method?

G

Top44 likes to grow as a single cola with little side branching, it also likes to grow tall, so your little 5 incher could still hit 3 feet. Yield is very good though, moderately potent Skunky buds, takes a little longer than 44 days, more like 50.

zeloszero

Thats good to hear, i was worried about yield from such a small plant. 3 feet would be perfect for my grow area, as its only 4 or 5 feet in height.

Hey, i've been following and learning from this thread for a while now, and I need some advice as to what to do next. I am using a rubbermaid setup with 4 30w warm white bulbs, and four 1.08 gallon pots. Been running 12/12 from start. Some are more developed than others, with maybe 2-3 internodes. I am wondering why they are going so slow compared to other peoples, maybe my light height but i corrected it and they are about 1-3 inches away now, or the soil i dont really know. I am using just regular top soil from local supplier.

any help is appriciated

i'm trying to post pictures but it wont let me, i guess i must need more posts first.

Pool

Dr Herbivore said:
Hey, i've been following and learning from this thread for a while now, and I need some advice as to what to do next. I am using a rubbermaid setup with 4 30w warm white bulbs, and four 1.08 gallon pots. Been running 12/12 from start. Some are more developed than others, with maybe 2-3 internodes. I am wondering why they are going so slow compared to other peoples, maybe my light height but i corrected it and they are about 1-3 inches away now, or the soil i dont really know. I am using just regular top soil from local supplier.

any help is appriciated

i'm trying to post pictures but it wont let me, i guess i must need more posts first.

How old are they? In the beginning of 12/12 they'll grow slowly until they reach their second week(or so...) of life, then they'll shoot like crazy. Inbetween 3-4 weeks is when you'll figure out the sex, some have been reported sexing by 16 days though...

true, they're between 15-18 days. I just hope im not wasting my time haha. hopefully i can post some pictures soon, because im going to need some help along the way

janvit

Temperature problems

Temperature problems

Hi,

I just put under my 650W HPS (1x400w + 1x250w) 33 little plants. There is 9 Kalichakra, 9 croses bettwen Skunk#1&some unknown indica type and 25 Hashberrys. They are 3-5 days old, and in 12/12 cycle.
Well, the problem is that "day" temperature is about 28-30 C (82.5-86 F),and "night" temperature is about 15 C (59 F). Well, I'm worried because I dont know hoew this will affect my little babies.

Anyone can help me with this issue?
Thanks in advance :joint:

B

buzzed day

janvit do your best on it.run your lights at night and keep track of temps at the tops of plants and floor.keep fan on during day to cool it off.if possable make better the ventalation.as i understand it, higher temps. will make your buds fluffier.peace

janvit

Thanks man ;)

I run my lights during night. I am not so warry about daytemps, the low night tems warry me. In my last two grows, I noticed that temp from28 to even 33 C are menagable, but this low temps... What is acceptible lowest temp during night?