What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

Haggis123

Hal said:
Munkie...

Sweet looking bud! Excellent results...you did the 12/12 method proud. I am wondering why you are choosing to not use the 12/12 method on this upcoming grow. Haggis also made the same choice, even though he got more than an ounce off his one small plant.

can ya illuminate?

It's o.k Hal, I am still around just been busy with work.

The reason I haven't done the 12/12 from seed on this grow is that I only had a couple of spare beans lying around and thought that the 12/12 method was worth a go, while I was waiting on my mothers that I also grew out the same pack of seeds as the 12/12 specimen to grow up enough to start cloning from.

Cloning is my preffered method of growing but 12/12 from seed is defo worth a go and everyone should try it at least once....just to see what you get...lol.

G

wats up hal,

the micro cab is up and running again, this time with a PK cross.

hopefully i will get a fem this time:D

H

Hal

Jesus turned water into wine.....

Jesus turned water into wine.....

Who turned these nuts into flowers?

Thought I had 3 out of 3 males in my northern lights seedlings, but wait.... :woohoo: look at those hairs! So, I did get one female northern lights, and both fruitbowl seedlings are also showing some pubes. The only question now concerns the haze skunk...I had 3 seedlings, one of 'em showed as a male two days ago, the remaining 2 haven't shown yet.

I wanted to grow 3 total plants this time, one of each. I could transplant into the final containers now, and be certain by planting the 1 northern lights and both fruitbowls. Or, I could take a chance, and plant one of the haze skunks that hasn't shown yet and hope that it is a female.

I'm thinking that since one of the haze skunks already showed a couple of days ago as a male, that any other males would be showing as well at this point. But, obviously, that isn't certain, and there is a bit of a gamble in that approach.

Hmmm, what to do?

chosen

Veteran
Hey, Hal... Thanks for the method once again. So, far so good. I'm running around 500ppm which is kind of light but it's organic. They are at Day 23. Looking bushyand about 8" tall for the Mango from Nirvana. They are just about to show. I see what looks like a male or 2 forming out of 8 plants.

muddy waters

chosen if you had your own worm bin you could probably produce a more nutritious casting from selected kitchen scraps than any industrial op using manures and other available compostables based on price. there are some folks who keep a worm bin going and load it with only fruits and vegetables to produce a high P final product. all in all though if i were you i'd do a test grow using all the amendments you first mentioned and then a test grow with just the castings in higher dose and molasses. i think the second would compete with the first, just my hypothesis.

chosen

Veteran
Do You know anyone who makes a 4-4-4 though? I only spent about thrirty bucks For all the items that I used. Molasses , castings, foxfarm starter with beneficials, and rainbox mix. I've got alot of this stuff left. I can't do worm bin. I live in an apartment.

i just recently started germinating sweettooth #3, MOD's kali dream, JLP's mississippi mud, nycdfan042's mango gum, and my strawberry diesel f2s for my new 12/12 from seed grows. i'll keep everyone updated on their progress.

G

An overhead shot of my 12/12 seedlings. This is day 15 for them. They are around 2" tall, 2-4 1/4" across, depending on where you measure. All are very healthy, no curling or spotting. They are getting 100 ml of less than 1/4 strength nutes, with superthrive and kelp extract, about every 2-3 days now. Seems to be working for them.

The family shot, all snuggled up against their big sisters:

Last edited:
Be very carefull with nutes in this phase , they almost need none . Too much often gives purple "leave stems " , (how do i call these things in english?)

a removed male , showed sex after 14 days on 12/12 .

a female ,12 inches wide after 16 days on 12/12 ! strain is Silver Pearl # Santa m × santa F3(No mercy supply)

Last edited:
I never had seed plants that developed as fast as this time before. Normally it actually takes veg time to get plants this size when they show sex. We want thick stems to grow large buds without all the veg leaves . This way we grow one large bud without fluffy popcorn in the lower parts of the plants .

Again This time i got more females than males, its not only a matter of luck .

redrider

12/12 Always

12/12 Always

Hi, I live in Colombia South America and everything I grow is under the natural 12/12 equatorial sun. From seed to smoke 12/12, here's what I got.

Peace from sunny Colombia

G

that fifth pic looks like a christmas tree of bud :D

...all those shots are really great, and to think thats all natural 12/12 from seed, amazing

redrider

Thanks most of my plants do get big under these conditions but some (indoor strains) only get 10" and just form a single bud, not worth the 3 months it takes to grow it.

For a SOG with this method the best is to go for an F1 hybride, these are stable powerfull plants. disadvantage is the price , they are expensive

chosen

Veteran
I'm thinking of trying a small Sog from seed with mango or top44. I love this method.
Here is my mango at day 28

These plants are at about 9". There are 8 plants and it looks like there are around 2 males though. Yet, I wanted a good male to try making some seeds while doing the 12/12. :yummy:

Last edited:
Thats also possible ofcouse,
And top 44 is a very fast one(comes from a selected victory) , for really fast flowering. Its almost impossible to find a faster strain .

chosen

Veteran
Thanks, good to know. I've been looking or something quick. What do you think of its potency and quality?
Thanks

Latest posts

Latest posts