What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

12,000 watt 18 bulb vertical madness

Maina

Veteran
AAAHHHHHHH work hard play hard:jump:
Im now in palmtrees and warm weather no cold and snow:moon:
Clones in cloner mothers geting biger :dance013:
Have fun the next 9 days:jump:
Thanks you vert guys and thank you tree master heath robinson

D

DHF

All I did was clear the path Bro......You did what it took to fill said canopy in even though it took a lil while ta get em where yas wanted em.....

Big plants are a labor of love....and....

Respect Maina....Enjoy yer vacation....

Peace...DHF....:ying:......

Last edited:

Maina

Veteran
IM back from fun in the sun boys:laughing:
Ok I went to homdepot2 today and grow store and filled the truck up and need to make another run there.three truck loads baby!
Ok first things first,I will have a lung room for two of the rooms.
I realy cant spell out how its going to go but I will post picks .As you can see my spelling sucks so my info isnt always the best sorry.I spent 1 hour with a MIT grade a few weeks ago at work and ran some ideas by him on my grow and I changed 2 things but he said I was spot on ,on 80% of it.I realy am not going to go into what I do but I do for work but I have alot of great minds around me:tiphat:.I will be starting with the 8 bulb 4 ballast flip flop rig vert grow..12 feet long 8 feet high 8 feet wide 2 shelves.
could be 24 plants 10 gallon 15 gallon smart pots.SSSDH,chemdog,aliandog,ecsd.Veg 2 months.but it will be the green lantern way:laughing:.
12 hours light 5 1/2 hours dark 1 hour light 5 1/2 of dark tried it with a budy and it was awsome:jump:.
This will be one for the books! mark my word! I will start with picks and the room on the 24 :dance013:.By the 6 Jan I want all three rooms set up .But not runing.I want to have three harvest 1 month apart not ontop of each other.And then I will start the green house outdoor grow :laughing:

Grizz

Veteran
M tell us more on this 5 1/2 hr light deal, my mind is going in circles, and dont worry about spelling, lol

Maina

Veteran
Ok I will try
You veg the plants with 13 hours of light.And they will not go into flower.Me and a budy just tried it we veged the same strains same soil mix same plant food I did 24 hours light he did 13 and his are biger tighter nods more new growth.And look better.
Lights come on for 12 hours then they go off for 5 1/2 hours on for 1 hour back of for 5 1/2 hours.The one hour of light can also be a highout put cfl. soooooo one ballast can veg and flower 2 rooms tada and less elect. soooooo my grams per watt bang go a little farther .:tiphat:It resets the plant hormon and tricks it into thinking 18 hours light but the plant gets alot of rest.and thats why sooooooo much growth:jump:

D

DHF

Well alrighty then.....Back from sun and fun with all kinds of new waysta experiment.....just remember.....

Heathie always preached the science of "repeatability" meaning that anyone that gets certain results from any said technique , everyone else oughta be ableta do the same technique and repeat said results if it`s a viable way of doin things that actually benefits the plants as well as all other factors to the good.....and...

The biggest problem with big plants is the vegtime and powerbills it takes ta get em size enoughta flip so I`m glad ya`ll are findin new waysta cut down on power useage without sacrificing yields and explosive growth....now......

Yas wanna harvey once every month or so behind each room perpetually with big plants so that means a separate veg area ta get em to the proper size a month or so apart in age before goin into the bloom rooms for the flip till end of cycle cuz yas want the bloom rooms runnin constantly 12 on 12 off pumpin out product in rotations every 30 days or so....and.....NO veg in bloom rooms....fucks up rotations.....

That means it`ll take minimum 90 days or so ta fill all bloom rooms with the right size plants for the yields yas seek from each room continuously......so.....

Holler if I can help....and......

Merry Ho Ho...DHF....:ying:....

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hmmm I likey this idea of on for 12 off for 5.5 then on for an hour, MONEY saving AND you get the good veg cycle. I am setting up a new tent to start vegging my outdoor crop (6 week veg period) and I may implement this idea.

I only have one request Maina...........----------------> WHERE ARE THE :kewlpics:

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
I'm really interested in this 12/ 5.5/ 1 /5.5 tech please do a good set of pics and a comparison so we can see just how well this works please bro I'm sure many here would appreciate that :)

Good luck getting everything set up by the 6th. Can't wait to see how this turns out! Go big or go home aye?! :joint:

G

Guest 226076

pulling up a chair, good luck fellow mainiac.happy trails..........

Maina

Veteran
I'm really interested in this 12/ 5.5/ 1 /5.5 tech please do a good set of pics and a comparison so we can see just how well this works please bro I'm sure many here would appreciate that :)

Good luck getting everything set up by the 6th. Can't wait to see how this turns out! Go big or go home aye?! :joint:
I will show picks of mine and his plants same strains same food .Im running 3 lights he is running 1 and his plants look better.I will get picks to show it for you guys my turn to help:jump: I had to do homedepot again today sucked cook all day and get ready for the morning sorry plant picks and set up had to go on hold sorry .

Maina

Veteran
IMAG0425.jpg

Its a start:jump:
Insulation was today 12x12x12 room. 80%of it dun,then puting down a waterprof floor in the morning .
Ok guys Im looking at 4 pods 5x5x8 6 plants in 15 gallon smart pots all vert and train them to a vert screen 2 1000 stacked.a budy is doing 4x4x8 is 5x5 to big he did 4 plants im doing 6 help pros:laughing: And that is not me its a bud I took picks

D

DHF

I ran 6 x 6 inside dimension rooms with 3-600`s stacked like Bobbles for 50 watts per sq ft , and you`re talkin bout 80 watts per sq ft in a 5 x 5 area with 6 plants ?....

Get yas at least a 12000 btu wallbanger a/c that`s thermostatically controlled and has auto re-start if the power goes off.....

Without auto re-start your plants will burn up with the quickness in such small areas when the lights come back on but the a/c don`t....

Always have the proper equipment in place to dial environment....Overkill`s underrated.....

Holler if I can help.....DHF.....:ying:......

Maina

Veteran
Yea im thinking no a/c my self.I have realy high ceiling 12 feet and the right cfm pulling air threw the room .out side temps 10 deg to -40 bellow. I will be pulling air into the room at 65-68 deg.
It sounds like I should run 4 ballast not 8 and flip flop the stacked bulbs but run 8 bulbs .This is a 12x12x12 room.You think I should do.Run 8 high 12 wide 6 feet deep 20 plants 8 bulbs 4 ballast flip flop?my sq feet on that would be 576 now 4 pods 5x5x8 would be 800 sq feet im all ears my friend .It goes up in 24 hours beleave me a 12x8x6 would be easer I would run 8 bulbs 8 ballast wide open to up the yeald if I had to .to stay away from 4 pods I could move around alot more .Or even 6 bulbs wide open 3 across high 3 across low but no flip flop run wide open?

Maina

Veteran
I ran 6 x 6 inside dimension rooms with 3-600`s stacked like Bobbles for 50 watts per sq ft , and you`re talkin bout 80 watts per sq ft in a 5 x 5 area with 6 plants ?....

Get yas at least a 12000 btu wallbanger a/c that`s thermostatically controlled and has auto re-start if the power goes off.....

Without auto re-start your plants will burn up with the quickness in such small areas when the lights come back on but the a/c don`t....

Always have the proper equipment in place to dial environment....Overkill`s underrated.....

Holler if I can help.....DHF.....:ying:......
HELP:wave:

Maina

Veteran
LOL :laughing: I know, but I need help to go further:jump:/info/
I got 3 truck loads of stuff ballast every place stacks of bulbs .Even help . Mothers.Clones cloning 400 gallons organic mixed cooked soil just add water the hole grow.smart pots up the @ss. And two more rooms to set up by Jan 6:whiteflag::1help:

Latest posts

Latest posts