What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

100w of Holiday Happiness.

geopolitical

Vladimir Demikhov Fanboy
Veteran
Happy New Years Joe! Hope you and yours find the new year great.

thanks , I ll try something similar , because I consider it quite easy to implement and if it doesnt work, well Ill have to use some activated carbon...

do you bake your filter in order to reuse it, or do you throw it away??

The base filter material is a stiff nonwoven which I assume would melt in the oven. The material is pretty thick stuff (10-12mm) and sheds fairly substantial amounts of carbon when cut. Other "carbon foams" were used prior to this and while they worked they rarely lasted longer than a week during bloom and when they failed tended to fail seemingly all at once. Proper material selection goes a long way towards making something like this work.

blimblom

hmmm, I probably have the "other carbon foams" category. Well ,maybe Ill use them for the vegetative cabinet were odours are less of a concern, and use proper activated carbon pellets for the blooming compartment.

thanks for sharing the info :)

Ludo

I'd love that night time reading......!!
Lovely looking plant you are flowering/tending......good karma to you and yours and a happy new year aswell.....:wave:

geopolitical

Vladimir Demikhov Fanboy
Veteran
Thanks for the kind words everyone. Just an update, starting to fill in a bit more. Doesn't appear to be frosting heavily. I supose we won't know till cut which looks to be a minimum of 3-4 weeks away.

picture.php

picture.php

Chomp

Yeah she still has a ways to go looking at that pic, looking good to me though. My grow isn't even above ground yet.... :D

blimblom

Yeah she still has a ways to go looking at that pic, looking good to me though. My grow isn't even above ground yet.... :D

I dread the time you germinate your 10 expensive seeds and waiting those 4-5 days it takes for the first leaves to come out of the ground. This time I tries only 3 made it to the surface even after extensive wetting and Im pissed off.

(hopefully in this grow I will have both a boy an a girl and I ll cross them in order to have 200-300 seeds to play around next time :)

geopolitical

Vladimir Demikhov Fanboy
Veteran
Probably going to be cutting in another week or so, we're mostly filled in and at this point we're going to start increasingly worrying about mold. Threw in another 80mm fan that was laying about spare just to move more air around the plant itself. Starting to get pretty fuzzy.

We cut a test bud last week and it's smoking great. I would guess we're looking at about 70-90g, but I've been way off before.
picture.php

picture.php

blimblom

oh no, dont taste it, you see those small green spots? they are dangerous, mild toxicity. You absolutely have not to consume this...

just packit up and send it to me for further analysis. :)

Good work GP

geopolitical

Vladimir Demikhov Fanboy
Veteran
Harvest time! About 1/2 way done, here's how the pile looks so far. We'll get final weight & such in a week or two.

picture.php

geopolitical

Vladimir Demikhov Fanboy
Veteran
Dry & being diced up a bit more to go into a few jars. Yield is 115g of actual bud and about 20g of airy weird whisps that never did fill in. We won't be growing her anymore but her sister is going to be swapped in to see how she fares.

picture.php