What's new

100amp subpanel install questions

BennyBlanco

Can It All Be So Simple!
Veteran
Hey would a 10 inch fantech 600 cfm inline fan hooked up to a carbon filter take care of the smell in 1026 cubic foot room....i know it not the ideal fan to use but I'm basically just scrapping by on this grow so this is all i have to work with....now i just need to get the filter could u guys recommend me a cheap brand an size to fit this inline fan

I

Iron_Lion

Hey my buddy dropped off a brand new parsource 1000 watt 208 volt attached ballast mh ...could i use this light off that sub panel??
Here's the light 8s/gls2_large.png[/url]

You cant run 208v off of a 120v/240v panel. Your street power would have to be 208v.

Most residential power in the states is 120/240v. If your street power is 208 you are all set.

But what I would do is open up the ballast Im assuming it is a magnetic ballast and look at the taps (wires on the ballast) and see if there is a wire marked 240v, if so you can re-tap it to accommodate any voltage.

Edit: looks like you have a 240v panel.

BennyBlanco

Can It All Be So Simple!
Veteran
OK will do... My friend works in a Mega greenhouse for a fortune 500 company and he's always bringing me over grow equipment but its for industrial usage
Well i looked inside the ballast i see a
wire

I

Iron_Lion

OK will do... My friend works in a Mega greenhouse for a fortune 500 company and he's always bringing me over grow equipment but its for industrial usage
Well i looked inside the ballast i see a
wire

ok good, this is what to do, find where the power comes in to the ballast.
Now you will see a a black wire connected to a wire that says 208, unconnect that and then connect the 240v wire to the black power wire from the cord. Put wire nut on the wire that was marked 208.

You may also need to get a new plug end for the cord.

BennyBlanco

Can It All Be So Simple!
Veteran
connect the black to the 240 or the 120 wire I'm running 120
yeah ill defiantly need a new plug

I

Iron_Lion

you can but you'll have to tear it all apart and rewire it and put a long cord on it from the ballast to the socket.

edit: connect it to the 120, and you may need to buy a 120v cord end.

I

Iron_Lion

yes you can use that.

a 15 amp plug will work on a 20 amp receptacle but a 20 amp plug wont fit in a 15a receptacle.

I should mention it's always good to use wire and plugs rated for the amperage of your circuit, 20amp circuit, 20 amp plug.