What's new

1000W Soil & Hydro(dwc) (OPIUM-EUFORIA-S.A.G.E-DELAHAZE-S.A.D-BRAINSTORM-CRITICAL+)

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
Great work youre doing there brother noreason!

the droopy leafs can be caused by a problem with the amount of water used for the irrigations.. may be too much water... the root ball doesnt dry out properly on those plants before the next irrigation?
what you think?

PS. le piante che hai fotografato nell'ultimo post ..quelle in cui zoommi sulle foglie.. sono in terra o in hydro?

I will be following the thread man.. good luck!

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Stra & Wamen to stop watching.
And Wamen,yes,it probably is as you said!Today with clear mind I tought the same...
The plants in that pics are in soil,in hydro I have only 3 of them,1 SAGE 1DELAHAZE 1 BRAINSTORM
Pots are quite big for that small plant,so probably I gave too much water...and weighing the pot with my hands it seems to be quite heavy.

Bended upwards with my hands...at least they capture more light

The brown and white spots the brainstorm has,are appeared on another leaf,a SAGE leaf.I'm thinking it's a calcium deficiency due to the time I didn't change the water in the tank.So it's not a real problem...luckily!
here are the brown spots:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
3 days 12\12

In these days I had to do a lot of thing in my growroom,change water,clean,bend down branches,cut useless lower branches,rutine controls etc.....mmm.....it's more likely a work than an hobby:fsu:.....but I love it!:joint:

However I took some pics...enjoy

this is a giant SAGE leaf,maybe the biggest I ever seen on my plants

I found this in my tank...do you know flocculation?no?this is the result of the phenomenon.I want to spend a word on this:
Flocculation is a phenomenon originated by mixing different nutes in the same water.A lot of factor influence this process,like temp,pH,and obviusly minerals concentration.I learned it's recommended to add before MICRO nutes,mix well with water and only after add the other nutes.It should be the same with cal-mag if you are running RO water.
Now question is:eek:n my nutes bottle it's wrote to add before GROW then BLOOM and finally MICRO...
However the flocculation deposits were very few,and plants didn't seems to had trouble till now.
Today I tried to add MICRO before,we will see the next water change if there will be more or no residues.

ps:I'm listening a beautiful classic guitar...I want to share with you.here is the link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oyhlad64-s
I love flamenco and Andalucia...sooner or later I'll go to live there.....Granada,Jerez,Malaga.....
too many thoughts...but what remains if our dreams are taken away?

See you soon folks,have a positive vibration and enjoy a lot of pot:joint::wave:

HighTech

good luck

good luck

hey No Reason things are looking nice there.

Something that may help the problem with your odd leaf deformities...

I'm not experienced at all with soil but DWC is my thing, and i can tell you now you need more air and more water. (forgive me if you had just lowered water for the photoshoot) , while the roots hanging in the air is good, in the sense it support healthy levels of oxygen loving bacteria and will help them shoot out during early veg. You'll get the most explosive growth when they are fully submerged. Given i can see a water heater your water temps must be under control. So you should definately fully submerge roots right up to the base of rockwool or whatever you planted the seedlings with in the net pots.

Also if the roots are not fully submerged in flowering they might get confused and waste energy growing the roots more.

I can guarantee you purchasing a 4x high output aquarium pump will improve yield immensly. They are about $30-40 USD? I have two running in the same size tub and although it might be a bit of overkill they use next to no power.

Also the purpose of the bubbles are not just to oxygenate the water but to keep the roots floating around and moving so they don't end up all squished up in one corner. You want to give the roots a gentle bubblebath massage mixing all your nutrients up as you go ensuring an even mix.

I think if you will do this your roots might be come fluffy and furry like a kitten, you may need to add a beneficial bacteria suppliment.
:laughing:

One other thing. I genuinely believe with DWC that the smaller the amount of medium they have to grow through the better. The only reason you would need heaps of medium in DWC is if your growing trees. (I would love to hear opinions on this)

If you run tiny net pots you can throw some EXTREMELY WELL WASHED & SOAKED red lava rock in the bottom of rez to ensure healthy bacteria levels!

Heres what 8 Airstones looks like in a 50 litre rez (my water level was low for early veg)

Tagged your thread :)

Also if you upgrade your air pump dont forget to upgrade the airline, it looks like youve got that squishy cheap aquarium stuff. the harder to squeeze your airline is the better it will transfer air pressure to your bubbles. :).

Smaller airstones are better to maintain high pressure bubbles not little fizzles. I like the 3" ones

:abduct:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey No Reason things are looking nice there.

Something that may help the problem with your odd leaf deformities...

I'm not experienced at all with soil but DWC is my thing, and i can tell you now you need more air and more water. (forgive me if you had just lowered water for the photoshoot) , while the roots hanging in the air is good, in the sense it support healthy levels of oxygen loving bacteria and will help them shoot out during early veg. You'll get the most explosive growth when they are fully submerged. Given i can see a water heater your water temps must be under control. So you should definately fully submerge roots right up to the base of rockwool or whatever you planted the seedlings with in the net pots.

Thanks to stop here HT,
I took the last pics when I did water change,when the water was little in the tank.
I use to give 25 liters (6 gallon or so) at the first water change,then every day I add 5 liters more and in one week the total solution reaches half net-pot.I use to do this because I know roots love air and I can give plants my tap water that is rich of Ca & Mg everyday,so non trouble with defyciences.
I'll think it's better to leave a 20% of roots ouside water to give an extra airflow.It is the same with a lot of air stones in the rez I think.
I have 3 neoprene airstones and 1 classic short stone.The system comes with only one 2-ways pump,I added one more.
I also have one more air-pump,are you thinking it could be helpful?

Also if the roots are not fully submerged in flowering they might get confused and waste energy growing the roots more.

This is the point...are you sure of this?because if it's so I try to give more water from the start,without add 5 lt everyday.

One other thing. I genuinely believe with DWC that the smaller the amount of medium they have to grow through the better. The only reason you would need heaps of medium in DWC is if your growing trees. (I would love to hear opinions on this)

Maybe you are right...but I didn't realize this,so...

If you run tiny net pots you can throw some EXTREMELY WELL WASHED & SOAKED red lava rock in the bottom of rez to ensure healthy bacteria levels!

Can you explain me this,please?I'm not sure I understood.

Also if you upgrade your air pump dont forget to upgrade the airline, it looks like youve got that squishy cheap aquarium stuff. the harder to squeeze your airline is the better it will transfer air pressure to your bubbles. :).

Yes!It's a cheaper system.It's my first real try with DWC,sure in the future I'll upgrade to a seriously system.

Smaller airstones are better to maintain high pressure bubbles not little fizzles. I like the 3" ones

Yes,you are right,but with neoprene airstone I can cover more space.Actually system are running in this way,at most as I said I can add one more air-pump with another short(big bubble) air stone.
Let me know your opinion.

:joint:

HighTech

Hey buddy sorry to go crazy with so much info for you hehe.

The popular mistake in thinking is that roots hanging in the air exchange oxygen. They only do it this way by bubbles splashing them. This is the way you do it at the start as it encourages the roots to grow out of the pots and into the water.

To absorb oxygen they need to be in contact with the nutrient solution. They can be fully submereged their entire life and %100 healthy this is actually ideal.

DWC stands for Deep Water Culture, so keep the water Deep :).

Dont worry about this for now, it doesn't really matter :). What it means is if you ad http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igneous_rock some of this Red rock thats been washed and washed and washed (because their full of dust) the good bacteria in your DWC will all go and live there. You would do this if you had very small amounts of hydrotron in your pots.

I understand its not a serious DWC yet, so some of my advice is for when you want to put more $ into it. Just make sure you get that water level up!!

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey buddy sorry to go crazy with so much info for you hehe.

Don't worry bro,here in Italy(and maybe not only) there is a popular say:''Impara l'arte e mettila da parte'' it means Learn art and set it apart...it's nice I can learn and understand what I'm doing or going to do.

To absorb oxygen they need to be in contact with the nutrient solution. They can be fully submereged their entire life and %100 healthy this is actually ideal.

DWC stands for Deep Water Culture, so keep the water Deep :).

Just brouht water level till half net-pot...more water will be useful I think.

Dont worry about this for now, it doesn't really matter :). What it means is if you ad http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igneous_rock some of this Red rock thats been washed and washed and washed (because their full of dust) the good bacteria in your DWC will all go and live there. You would do this if you had very small amounts of hydrotron in your pots.

Understood the point.But the question is:there are a lot of igneous rock on the face of the heart,so everyone is good or is a kind of rock well defined for the purpose?Would hydroton do the same?can you tell me exactely the name of red rock are you talking about?

I really appreciate your tips,man.Thanks!

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
6 days 12\12

Some news from my growroom...
yesterday i found a little shitloaded bug,really don't know what the f*ck is that!I realized that ''thing'' was a but after a minute or so...crazy man,crazy:yoinks:
It seems to be a little clorophille sucker,without eyes or anything,only a big mouth to suck:laughing:
Rest in peace little piece of bastard...next time not in my growroom!
Here it is:

First flowers are beginning to show

This plant,Critical + looks a little strange.Look at those strange tips.

Here the whole growroom

:wave::wave::wave:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
10 days 12\12

Yesterday I took some picture in the growroom.Everything seems to be nice,I hope plants,especially the ones in hydro stop to stretch,it's quite annoyng and difficult to train them!:wallbash:
My actual EC value is 0,9-1...I see it remains stable after a day,then go down.Should I raise it adding more nutes?I'm adding a bloom stimulators now till the next 10-15 days then I'll start to use bloombastic till the end!
Plants in soil are growing fine too,some Mg def on the critical +,no problems on the others.

Roots seems very nice,I found only 2 o 3 small amount of flocculated residues.Adding MICRO nutes before the others seems to reduce the flocculation...nice.

Here are Hydro

Here are ''dirt''

The whole growroom

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Five minutes ago I went in the growroom to check if everything is ok and SHIT,I discovered a really BAAAAAD thing:the biggest plant,the SAGE in hydroponic is a complete fucking male and I'm pretty sure of this!
I saw the little balls on the top of each branch!No female flowers signs!I'm so nervous cause of this!FUCK IT!
I'll wait tomorrow,if no female flowers shows,I'll cut that one!
It's strange,because I have other SAGE in soil,and it's all right!

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
11 days 12\12

:mad::mad::mad:
That SAGE was a fucking male,I cut it just an hour ago!So sorry folks...the biggest plant...what a pity!Probably TH seeds never see my money again,it's the first and maybe the last time I buy seeds from them!Shit!It wasn't an herm. but a MALE!not only one female flowers,only balls everywhere.
Now I shoud remove roots from the tank,but sure they are embedded with the others!any tips?c'mon guys!
All other plants seems to be fine,little flowers grow more everyday as usually happens,no trouble for now!

Here some pics:

can u see them?

Here the plant in question.R.I.P. my dear...:fsu:

With and without SAGE

And here a view of the ''dirt'' canopy

HighTech

Sorry to hear about your sage! thats one strain i have to grow out in my time..
I had that happen in my DWC once, and had to try to remove the roots tied up to the females! Needless to say root rot screwed that one up. Ive been a feminized man since then.

Ive always thought a really funny thing to get rid of males would be to plant it in a policeman/politicians front yard. xD

Good K for the rest of your flowering friend.

H

HydroLady

Ooooh dear friend, I am so sorry for your loss :(
but you can enjoy your "female forest"!!!it's great!!
:D

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ooooh dear friend, I am so sorry for your loss :(
but you can enjoy your "female forest"!!!it's great!!
:D

I'm sorry too Ali!however it's true,all the others are coming up nice.

Sorry to hear about your sage! thats one strain i have to grow out in my time..
I had that happen in my DWC once, and had to try to remove the roots tied up to the females! Needless to say root rot screwed that one up. Ive been a feminized man since then.

Ive always thought a really funny thing to get rid of males would be to plant it in a policeman/politicians front yard. xD

Good K for the rest of your flowering friend.

Oh man,really I can't realize how to remove those roots...they are too many all tied up with the others!The only thing I can do it's to wait,and maybe after a couple of days,after rot starts,I can try to gently remove them from the others!Also air-stone are all covered from roots!
How did you do to remove the roots?
Can root rot damage or affect others roots?I think and hope not,or it will be really a trouble!
Great idea to use male plants...maybe the next time...and just for chronicle ALL seeds I planted are FEMINIZED!really I can't realize how a MALE come from!?!

Here some pics of today

HighTech

Hey noreason,

The only way to TRULY remove them is to cut them away from the others wholesale, ensure you have perfect water temps for aerobic activity (21c) i believe?

You'll need to add some sort of bacteria supplement to ensure the healthy bacteria can break down the rest of the dead roots and turn them into digestible nutrients before the anaerobic bacteria can take over (no oxygen bacteria) The supplements are very very cheap. ($3-5 USD)

Also by cutting roots of the other plants, you will shock them a bit.

Id add a dash of superthrive (optional for the shock) and position the air pumps right where the roots were entangled.

If you would show me a photo of the roots i can tell you if its fine or not. It its only a small bit of the roots you'll be fine.

Snype

Veteran
I don't really like to cut roots but have before and a friend of mine prunes his roots all the time on some of his moms. He went to school for plants and said he learned something there about that. If those were my plants I would minimally prune off what you need to get off to take out your other plant. I was scared when my friend started pruning my moms roots in the past but I was pleasantly surprised with the results. When I have to do that i also give them a dose of Super Thrive. Should be fine.

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
16 days 12\12

In the next days,during the water change I'll try again to remove roots as gently as I can.It's the best I can do.I don't want to cut other plant's roots.
I also have a product(http://www.canna-uk.com/rhizotonic)Rhyzotonic,should it be helpful?I think probably yes.
HighTech,I can buy superthrive,but I would kwow how diluition to use.I see it's in differents volume bottles.I need to calculete how much I will need.Consider my rez is about 90lt(24 US gallons)

All the plants are fine,no problems.I transplant the SAD in a bigger pot,that's all.Ec in hydro is 0,9 - 1 PH is 5.6 - 5.8
In the next days I'll add 2 125w white envirolite,in the dark points of the canopy.
I can notice,plants in soil are very faster to bloom than hydro ones.Is it normal?I start to see the first white pistils only 2-3 days ago!
Enjoy pics,any comment is welcome!

The growroom

Soil shots

Here you can see the firsts pistils on the brainstorm(hydro)

What do you think?Hope to see good cola and resin production here!

Last edited:

Snype

Veteran
With the super thieve I use 2 1/4 tsp per gallon but that's with ebb and flow. I just started a DWC but i'm new at it so I wanted to be safe and I put 1 1/4 tsp per gallon. My hydro usually buds faster than my soil. Good luck.

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
18 days 12\12

Today I added one 125W r.e lamp in a shaded corner.I think it's better now.
All plants are ok,no true problems.I am a little confused on why the 2 plants in hydro aren't flowering like others.They are latecomers.Hope this will not compromise the yield.Any suggestion?
Some pics,enjoy

Here 2 flower pics from plants in soil:

here is an hydro plant.Notice the delay than the others.Why?Something I don't know?is it normal?:confused:

Tomorrow I'll change the water in the tank and try to see if I can remove dead plant's roots.:wave:

Last edited:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
21 days 12\12

Hi mates,
In the growroom everything's great!
I start to low the night temps,till 15°C.I'm sure this aids resin production without any stress.
I also started to use a carboidrates additive:bloombastic.Will see how it works.
Plants in hydro are still latecomers,but they seems to starting to bloom,and they are eating very fast.EC in the tank is 1.1.Ph:5,8.
The dead plant's roots seems not affected from anything,non root rot or anything else.They are white,just like others.I really don't care about them,pretty sure will not damage the others.So,at moment,I leave them there,without do or use anything.

HYDRO

Here the roots!They are clean white,nice.

SOIL

Critical +,from Dinafem has the biggest flower till now.Every of them has started to produce trichomes...goooood:)
Here some pics:

:wave::wave::wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts