What's new

1000w Sativa Tent: Cannabiogen Caribe & Destroyer, Female Seeds C99

R

recent guest

Hi Bear - have never previously posted a pic and, in all honesty (and probable stupidity) a little nervous of doing so, so umming and ahhing about it. Got a question for you though - why your interest in the leaf shape? Very curious to know.

The leaf shape can help shed some light on the phenotypes involved and the genetics...My caribe had a very large fan leaf that looked like it had indica genetics in it, and HUGE solid buds that were definitely influenced by the Northern Lights #5 heritage. Im just wondering how common that is because I think mine might have been an anomaly.

Dont post pics if you are not comfortable!

maree

Rightio - as you've tried to help me the least I could do would be to offer some back so will try and take some useful snaps, though I'm limited to a cell phone camera. In the meantime, my Caribe doesn't have the slim blades of the full-on tropical sativa that I see in pics of the OTH for instance but they are definitely much finer than you would have with anything obviously indica. The buds, especially considering it's grown under 190 watts of modern fluoro, are large and dense-ish for what I would understand a haze style plant might give, but certainly not too different from those pictured in the CBG's own publicity (apart from less resin expression). However, this isn't a haze and, whilst, as I say, denser than I expected, they still retain a "lightness" - not "airy" but compressible, unlike a real solid kush-like nugget.

By the way, have now almost finished the OTH thread from beginning to end and found it a really good read - plenty of great tips and positive vibes flowing. However, it has made me think twice about ever being able to grow a proper psychedelic, sunshine smoking sativa under such limited light. I may never get proper, full expression of its best qualities. But man, I just get so fed up of smoke that basically does the same thing to a greater or lesser degree than any other - to some extent some different odours and different flavours but all one stone. It's a long time since something made my face ache with grinning, or transformed reality in any worthwhile sense.

Ah well, soldier on!

Last edited:

maree

Ps - looking back at Bleiweis's pics in the official Caribe thread, the leaves on his young plants look like they have a bit of indica in them. The leaves on our single plant never had this appearance and were much finer from the off.

R

recent guest

Rightio - as you've tried to help me the least I could do would be to offer some back so will try and take some useful snaps, though I'm limited to a cell phone camera. In the meantime, my Caribe doesn't have the slim blades of the full-on tropical sativa that I see in pics of the OTH for instance but they are definitely much finer than you would have with anything obviously indica. The buds, especially considering it's grown under 180 watts of modern fluoro, are large and dense-ish for what I would understand a haze style plant might give, but certainly not too different from those pictured in the CBG's own publicity (apart from less resin expression). However, this isn't a haze and, whilst, as I say, denser than I expected, they still retain a "lightness" - not "airy" but compressible, unlike a real solid kush-like nugget.

By the way, have now almost finished the OTH thread from beginning to end and found it a really good read - plenty of great tips and positive vibes flowing. However, it has made me think twice about ever being able to grow a proper psychedelic, sunshine smoking sativa under such limited light. I may never get proper, full expression of its best qualities. But man, I just get so fed up of smoke that basically does the same thing to a greater or lesser degree than any other - to some extent some different odours and different flavours but all one stone. It's a long time since something made my face ache with grinning, or transformed reality in any worthwhile sense.

Ah well, soldier on!

I am really liking growing the OTH. But you know, I found the Destroyer to be bordering on the type of effect you describe, and very easy to grow compared to the OTH. I have a Destroyer x Malawi going right now that looks VERY fast in flowering, Destroyer seems to give good traits. Even though it was a home done pollen chuck, I think I have some great results, and definitely am loving the effect of the C99 x Chocolope. The flavor of these buds is really special.

maree

Thanks for the tips Bear and I may look at the dDstroyer for future reference. Time though, isn't what I'm worried about. I am a very moderate smoker and can produce enough under my 180 watts in one go, believe it or not, to last me between 6 months and a year. So I can afford to wait.

Neither is space the issue, surprisingly. By training a lead spirally around a rectangular net tube, with a perimeter of just 50cm, placed round a small number of pl-ls arranged in a vertical row, an equivalent grow height of between 2 and 3m can be achieved. By pinching out the top and training the resulting two leads in opposite directions (clock and counter-clock) a sizeable plant, in terms of height, can be easily accommodated.

What worries me is that many of these strains, especially the CBG, ones are adapted for outdoor growth. Conditions which I simply can't reproduce to a satisfactory degree. And that's a pity - for me anyway - cos I like their approach and what they do. Very much. It may be that I have to go for Dutch or North American genes due to their being acclimatised to indoor environments. So I'm thinking maybe Chocolope or Kali Mist, maybe one of the Mr. Nice hazes. Gotta choose carefully though cos, whatever I do, it'd have to be my companion for quite some time!

Thanks again for your help - will take some snaps for you tomorrow all being equal.

maree

Here's the pics as promised - hope they help you. The Caribe is in week 10.

I've included a couple of pics of the plants grown on the other side of the fluoros (plants are LST'd, espalier style, either side of the fluoros, hung horizontally across the small grow space, doing away with the need for a reflector and making use of both sides of the light) so that you can see the contrast in resin production. I realise, however, that the more indica influenced plants will naturally display greater trichome density.

Attachments

• Caribe.jpg
    Caribe.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Caribe macro.jpg
    Caribe macro.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 10
  • lemon skunk.jpg
    lemon skunk.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 8
  • kush macro 2.jpg
    kush macro 2.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Caribe vertical 2.jpg
    Caribe vertical 2.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 7
R

recent guest

Here's the pics as promised - hope they help you. The Caribe is in week 10.

I've included a couple of pics of the plants grown on the other side of the fluoros (plants are LST'd, espalier style, either side of the fluoros, hung horizontally across the small grow space, doing away with the need for a reflector and making use of both sides of the light) so that you can see the contrast in resin production. I realise, however, that the more indica influenced plants will naturally display greater trichome density.

Stunning shots Maree! :flowers2: :good: To think that you were reluctant to post them! I was finished with Caribe at week 10. Yours looks like it has much more resin than mine, so perhaps it will be a stronger smoke than what I had. I am remembering that my caribe was made into butter, which was actually quite potent at a ratio of 6 oz of Caribe bud and trim to 5 pounds of coconut oil... but it didn't come close to the ass hammering trip of the butter I made from the Destroyer with a similar ratio. Hmm I actually might have a tablespoon of that left, in the freezer...:whistling:

Latest posts

Latest posts