What's new

10 runs and cant get yield!

fatburt

so i have been growing outdoors for a looong time!like 15+ years...always had great results...well almost always!lol
i have done like 10-12 runs in the last 2 years and just cannot hit the yields i want,im getting like 9-10 ounces from a 1k light.
my buds dont really seem to fill in all the way,there are always gaps between the buds and i never get those long running colas im looking for.i usually grow in 5-10 gallon grow bags and have used flora nova and flora series nutes with no boosters.i feed 1 feed ,2 waterings.but my pots dont always dry out fast enough and i can only feed like once every 10 days,i think this may be the reason,but im not sure.
can you guys help me bump up my yield?im good at fimming,topping and training so its not that,its the lack of full buds

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
what strain are you running ,give the low down on the grow room temp humidity day and nite ,soil mix or hydro ,need more info plz

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
your medium might not be aerated enough... I have had trouble with this and still do sometimes... what's your medium look like?

purple_man

Veteran
could depend on many factors: light distance, temperature, air exchange ammount, water quality, wrong application of nutes (wrong balance or too much or to little), ph value, substrate, plant size vs container size, how long for the substrate to need be rewatered, any pests or diseases, genetics used, harvesting time (harvested to early), ...

blessss

gonzo`

After your genetics, the grow environment is the next most important factor for good yields. You have to be the master of grow space!

Some tips:

- Don't let temps fall below 68F at lights off, every time this happens you loose yield
- Have plenty of air movement in your rooms using circulation fans and bring in plenty of fresh air with inline fans

I think if you're using 5 - 10 gallons pots of soil and only watering once every 10 days then your plants probably haven't had time to bed their roots into the pot.

Ideally you want to be watering every few days and have more wet and dry cycles... So based on that you should either use smaller containers and more plants or veg your plants for enough time that you water more frequently than 10 days...

Bigger root system, bigger yield!

But yeah, give us some more info and I'm sure you'll get a lot of suggestions

T

trichster

sounds like your pots are to big for your plants root mass. With your setup you should hit 5-8oz per 5gallon and overall 24oz easy and 32oz is do able and should be your goal. Can you post pics of your room and plants? Since your a Outdoor grower your use to seeing trees, what height are your plants going into bloom and how many tops? What is the watts per square ft in your bloom room? How many plants are you sticking under the 1k at a time? PM me if you want to talk....

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
How old is your bulb? How old is the ballast?

What is your growing medium mix consisting of? How many plants in there?

Might want to get your ballast tested too bro....

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
could be anything but it sounds like you need to veg longer for starters.

joe guy

The old bulb, small root mass, ph off , distance from the bulb, all very good points.
My sky walkers are throwing massive long lanky fox tails is f ing imbarassing but I'm barreling summer heat waves of 100+ f.. It never dose this in the winter long rock hard kolas with a few golf balls is what I'm used to with this strain..
So summer sucks for us indoor guys.. Good luck I'm almost positive it's a compiled thing not just one.. Another thing to watch out for is light leaks that will cause issues too with denisity
And never seeming to be ripe just keep growing and nothin but fluff

fatburt

one bulb is 3 runs old and the other is on its second run..as well as the ballast,the other ballast is quite old.running 2k
temps are betweem 68-82f,humidity is between 50-65%.
i have a 450 cfm fan on 24/7 to exhaust a 5.5' x 8' x 6' room
my ph is always between 6-6.3,never check the run off,but my plants are very healthy with a nice shine to the dark green leaves.plants are no further than 2 feet from lights.

Attachments

• WP_20130629_029[1].jpg
    WP_20130629_029[1].jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 9
  • WP_20130629_022[1].jpg
    WP_20130629_022[1].jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 6
  • WP_20130629_020[1].jpg
    WP_20130629_020[1].jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 8
  • WP_20130629_009[1].jpg
    WP_20130629_009[1].jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 5

fatburt

i just recieved my outdoor license so i had to move all the plants outside.....figured i get it now,,,a lil late really,but i have to honor it.

Mr Roboto

so i have been growing outdoors for a looong time!like 15+ years...always had great results...well almost always!lol
i have done like 10-12 runs in the last 2 years and just cannot hit the yields i want,im getting like 9-10 ounces from a 1k light.
my buds dont really seem to fill in all the way,there are always gaps between the buds and i never get those long running colas im looking for.i usually grow in 5-10 gallon grow bags and have used flora nova and flora series nutes with no boosters.i feed 1 feed ,2 waterings.but my pots dont always dry out fast enough and i can only feed like once every 10 days,i think this may be the reason,but im not sure.
can you guys help me bump up my yield?im good at fimming,topping and training so its not that,its the lack of full buds
if your still doing it up inside then try scrog and you can get a nice even table top canopy

L

lazy gardener

those plants look nice way to go. maybe not to you butgreat color off that last one for sure. how long was that in flower?

jm420

Veteran
I agree with vg , indoor soil needs a lot of veg time .I grow hydro typically but when Ive played around almost triple dwc

Ididnt even come close to the gram a watt number

hydro a diffrent story 30 -40-days veg from seed easily hits the gram a watt

you mite want to consider co co if you go back indoors

notice the diffrence these are about 10 days old from seed

hydro of some sort is the only way to hit big numbers with a 70 - 90 day cycle

genes don't mean anything if you are not doing everything else right.

True, but I'm just trying to help. Genes are the first step.

If you are watering every 10 days you need to find a better, airier soil mix (or soiless mix).
I use Happyfrog soil and add 20% perlite.

I use 7gal pots in flowering, and water/feed everyday and my pots are almost bone dry.

Do those tubes you use have holes in the bottom for aeration?

Also, how much, in gallons, do you feed/water your plants with. In the 7gal pots that I use, I only give them about a gallon of water. If you are overwatering them they won't develop big healthy roots and they sure as heck won't give you big full buds.

Latest posts

Latest posts