What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

10 Pretty Females

Pumpkin

Veteran
I'm still learning my area, so just fumbling through strain selection now. But looks like you know what works for you, which is great. I think a sativa that is acclimatised will often handle heat pretty damn well. I've had old seeds that will not burn on the hottest days in the desert, but I think acclimatising seeds has everything to do with that. Often you put these commercial indoor seeds in the sun, and they don't know what to make of it.

Tried and true outdoor strains is the go if your buying but theres plenty around. The strain guides on here have been gold for me. Nothing like dialing in something for your own specific needs though. Should be done around 3 1/2 months after the solstice.

Well its been a bugger of a month. Safe to say i havent seen fires like these ones ever. After thinking i was in the clear with the ol pretty females a fire burnt back through the area and has toasted my ladies to a crisp. Might be one or two that didnt catch too much heat to die outright. Theyve been given some tlc so my fingers are crossed something will come home this year. Will follow up with some shots in the next couple of days. But in our region at least no ones dead. On the plus side for me theres not gonna be a lot of grazing pressure from critters in the next couple of years. Not so good for the critters...

pahut

Absolutely gutted for ya mate. It's a shame they couldn't hold out til the rains, but least you'll have good soil for next season. Glad everyones okay mate

Thanks for the kind words brother. Things are pretty black round these parts. We still got no power where we're at but youre jungles keeping me going when i come into town and desparate for a little green. Looking choice.

Attachments

• Burnt.jpg
    Burnt.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Green Shoots.jpg
    Green Shoots.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 24

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Glad to hear you're safe. :) That's something wild for me to consider, losing plants to fire. More like water where I'm at. Real bummer your seasons work got scorched. Glad to hear no one in your community was lost. In a positive light, all the undergrowth will be burned out and nutrients returned to the earth. Killer plants next year! :good: Just need the rains. Maybe breed a fire-resistant strain? :biggrin: That'd be awesome.

pahut

It's amazing how violently different opposing parts of the world are to each other isn't it.

Is the power out due to the fires? Hope everythings gettin back to normal now

Fire resistant strain JST. Thats something wild to consider. Might have to work on that. Over the years ive lost multiple patches to fire and floods but never had a clean wipe like this. Not a project remains this year. Oh well it sure creates some new opportunites for next year and we didnt loose our home.

Yeah P. Our whole regions burnt so not much power or phone infrastructure left. Just our fire area was more than 560,000 hectares and still burning. Everyones pretty busy getting services restored to towns let alone out in the sticks around us.

Might be time for a holiday but more likely ill just pop some more seeds and keep this years breeding projects going.

'Boogieman'

Fire resistant strain JST. Thats something wild to consider. Might have to work on that. Over the years ive lost multiple patches to fire and floods but never had a clean wipe like this. Not a project remains this year. Oh well it sure creates some new opportunites for next year and we didnt loose our home.

Yeah P. Our whole regions burnt so not much power or phone infrastructure left. Just our fire area was more than 560,000 hectares and still burning. Everyones pretty busy getting services restored to towns let alone out in the sticks around us.

Might be time for a holiday but more likely ill just pop some more seeds and keep this years breeding projects going.

Sorry to hear that. I lost my entire outdoor grow years ago due to a powerful tornado, they were ripped out of the ground because the soil was loose and airy. The tornado made a bunch of openings in the woods and the next year I had one of my best outdoor grows because of all the new spots available to grow. Hopefully next year you hit it out of the park.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Sorry to hear that. I lost my entire outdoor grow years ago due to a powerful tornado, they were ripped out of the ground because the soil was loose and airy. The tornado made a bunch of openings in the woods and the next year I had one of my best outdoor grows because of all the new spots available to grow. Hopefully next year you hit it out of the park.
A tornado, holy moly. Your plants must be somewhere in Oz or something by now. We had one come through the town years back. Threw an old oak tree through a solid brick wall and tore off some roofs, but no one was hurt thankfully. It's amazing how mother nature's destruction gives opportunity for new life.

Latest posts

Latest posts