What's new

10 Bar LED Grow Lights

Dr.King

Veteran
Greetings everyone, hope all is going well. I think I posted this thread in the wrong selection so thought I would place it in the correct part. Been checking out new lights for my up coming grow in the future. Was looking at the 10 bar LED light strips. Heard pretty decent things about them. Saw a few videos on some grows. Any of you have some grow exps with them and or currently using them with your grows? Plan to use mine for a 5 × 10 area and probably add my SP2000 to the end if need be. Thanks and happy growing.

Growmary

Ive been running with this iL8x 8 bar design. 670W and its working perfectly good. Affordable and the plants love it

Dr.King

Veteran
Greetings man, thanks for the info. What's your tent area size? Would love to see a picture or two if possible please to check it out. Happy growing all.

Ive been running with this iL8x 8 bar design. 670W and its working perfectly good. Affordable and the plants love it

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
More bars not means more chips. If the light power is big but the chips quantity is less. Each chip will carry on more current. The lifespan will be short and the light decay will be severe after one year usage. So for bar style LED, chips quantity is more important.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Degradation is quite a thing. Both lumen output and the shift to a cooler colour. The LED's in most lights have half the service life of the driver, if the driver isn't sat above them cooking. This is treating the service life as when a new light will produce 25% more light. From depreciation and advancements in tech. A point we expect to reach around the 5 year mark. Though it could be a lot sooner if we cook the components.

I have been meaning to put up a thread about life expectancy for a while. There is a real chance of lights dropping out in 12 months if fully heat cycled every day. The expansion and contraction alone, going to full design temperature, has been a real issue. Reducing service life from 4 years to 1 in some batch testing of domestic lamps.

It's hard to quantify, but we should have a look at some point. I have had 2 years from some of my 288 boards, and it wouldn't hurt to change them now (just the boards at 30$) but I will certainly do so by 4 years. With the aim of getting 8 years out of them, then looking at the market again.