What's new

10,000 Watt Canna CoCo Grow Show

MID TOWN

I put a 500 gph mag drive in each res and just looped the hose back in to create a waterfall effect. I have them running for 1 hour every 3 hours to keep everything strirred up and aerated well.

The Evolution filter temporarily set up on the floor until I get a bracket for it. I'll probably get the Pre Evolution as well to extend membrane life.

MID TOWN

DC3- Thanks! I'm absolutely loving the Canna line up so far! It's a bit pricey but if the results continue like they are it'll be well worth it!

DHF/ Kweku- Got it! ;) :good:

MID TOWN

Kweku Ananse- Haha. Thanks man!! I don't know that I deserve that but I'll take it.

There has been some AMAZING growth in the last week! I think that the GG and the gfruit have literally grown almost 2 feet! I'm feeding them at about 650-700 ppm twice a day with about 15-20% runoff which is coming out at arouround 450 ppm so they're really eating it up. I think it might be time to bump it up to 3 feedings a day... Also I haven't really done any sort of flush but they just seem to be eating and doing so well that idk if it's necessary... Thoughts?

Room 1 ( Day 14 flower )

Pink Grapefruit

Gorilla Glue

B

Baron Greenback

Late to this one, but I am so glad I found it. There's been some wonderfully helpful posts accompanied by what looks like a lovely set up/grow/varieties.
I personally am a big fan of multiple feeds per day. I currently do 8 per day (as many as my timer allows, around 5 minutes per time, I think this acts a little like DWC effect that many times per day) into coco slabs and a recirculating set up. I keep the ec nice and low and ph around 5.9.
With a recirculating set up, nutrient costs are minimal making going with Canna not so cripplingly expensive :) I do a dilute rhizotonic foliar feed in veg and their Buffer for any calcium/magnesium issues, the pk booster and the Cogr nutrient. I wasn't fully happy with the Cogr slabs so went back to the Ugrow ones.
The biggest advantage in my mind for the slabs is that if the pumps fail, the slabs conatin enough moisture to keep them alive for a few days.
Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Last edited:
If your runoff is half of your feed, you're killing it. Don't flush, keep on your schedule. I'd agree about 3x day.

You grow a lot like I do, your grow room design, tables, all look like something I'd do, thus, you're my hero :) in colorado by chance? :)

DunHav`nFun

Veteran
The reason for multiple "shorter" feeds during lights on with smaller containers is to prevent any drying out that causes residual salt buildup and deplenishing the constant O2 to roots needed for explosive growth all the way through end of stretch.....that said....

Can`t say that you should increase feed with that much runoff , but by the same token once in full swellage mode you`ll have to increase feed cuz they`ll be drinkin like a mofo so , maybe see if you can get total saturation in the containers without as much runoff with lower ppm`s across the board since they`ll be getting fed more frequently with lower dosages , and you should be golden...just hate to see so much juice down the drain...but....

Not tryin ta tell yas what to do , rather suggest things for in the future to help toward dialage....anyways...

Good luck MT...and...

Peace....DHF....:ying:....

MID TOWN

Baron Greenback- Thank you! I'm really glad I decided to get back on the forums and post this grow. There's been sooo much helpful info given for me and hopefully others as well! I'm runing DTW right now so I do have to be careful about how much I water since like you said CANNA is fairly expensive. Ill keep bumping it up as they get further into flower.

Kweku- Alright great! Thats what I was thinking. Just needed some reassurance.

Na I'm in not in Collorado.

Funk- Thanks man! I always appreciate the support!

DHF- Yea I hate seeing $ go down the drain too but I'm only increasing it a very small amount and I think I'm actually only getting about 10% runoff now since they're getting bigger and drinking more. I was feeding for 4 minutes twice a day and now i'm feeding for 3 minutes 3 times a day so I'm really only giving them an extra minute of water.

Well Everything is still on track and as healthy as could be. They've streched like crazy but thankfully they're done cause the lights are up as high as they go!

Room 1 ( day 21 flower )

Pink Grapefruit

Gorilla Glue

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
I look forward to these next few weeks

I look forward to these next few weeks

Mine are past the fun part, just time to work for a bit. I haven't really got to see any of the gg progress so keep on doing what you are doing. I am not trying to push a product but just share. When I veg a little long or I know they are going to stretch up close to the lights I have had good luck with new millinieum decision product. I am not really sure it's mode of action I have just had good luck and with the de bulbs I have to be careful or shit gets bleached. It just lets you decide when they are tall enough. Hit them with it once or twice and they stop the stretch. I might use a few tablespoons a year so no need for much of it. Anyway, your rooms look good, keep it up.

B

Baron Greenback

Those are looking absolutely glorious Mid TOWN - really nice solid green foliage and kicking on really well for such a short period into flower.
Which flavour of the Canna are you using? Any of the additives?
Are you finding it a lot of work with that much wattage/plant?
I have to say the quality of the plants is quite inspiring :)

Trich_Tyson

Everything looks awesome MT... The stretch worked out perfectly.. just a super clean setup you've got. Glad the coco experience is going well!

coldcanna

Veteran
Everything about this is spectacular. Hats off to you, when I made the switch to coco my first run plants did NOT look so perfect. The tables with Castors is also brilliant. Is that pond liner or rubber roof material you used on those ?

MID TOWN

ItsMyChoice- Yea These next few weeks really are the fun part! As long as everything goes well!... I've never heard of that product before. I'd like to know what's actually in it. I used phosphoload a couple times years back. Loved the results but didn't want to continue using PGR's... I wish there was another safe product to use with the same effect?...

Baron Greenback- Thanks!! I'm running

- COCO A & B for the base.

- RHIZOTONIC at about 3/4 strength up until about week 1 of flower,

- CANAZYME at about 3/4 strength every other res fill up.

- BOOST from week 2 flower on, at the low end of the recomended dosage every other res fill up

- PK 13/14- I hit them once at about 3/4 strength at the end of week 3 and then I'll probably hit them again later in flower. Maybe around week 6...

- SILICA @ 5 mil per gallon

- CAL MAG PLUS @ 5 mil per gallon

- DRIP CLEAN @ .4 mil per gallon

This is my first time with the CANNA lineup so I'm kinda just going off my experience with other products combined with a bit of research so if anyone has any tips on my useages please chime in. Thanks!

I'm not sure if you mean That many plants per watt or just the size of the grow over all but I'll assume you mean the latter. It deffinately is A LOT of work especially for one person, with a full time job, and a Fiance to keep entertained but it's all worth it in the end. Also I've really been trying to automate things as much as possible and I'm going to continue to do even more automation if I can.

TRICH TYSON- Thank you! It really did! I mean I wish the plants in room 1 were just a couple inches shorter but I cant complain at all. I'v definitely had worse! lol.

Cold Canna- Hey. Thanks for stoppin in! I'm extremely stoked on how well this run has gone so far! I'm SOOOOOOO glad that I made the switch to coco!

It's just the 6 mil roll out sheets of plastic that you get from the hardware store. I've never had much trouble with the stuff ripping but it would be nice to use something thicker like pond liner just to be safe.

Ok well were about to head into the beginning of week 5 in room 1 and week 4 in room 2!! Woooohooooo!!! I've been a bit lazy with my pinching the last 2 weeks so my canopy isn't quite as perfect as I would like but it's still prety decent and everything is still healthy and trucking along. I do have one concern though. I'm not seeing any adverse effects yet but the PH of my runoff has slowly risen a little and is coming out prety consistently at 6.5 ph... Should I be concerned? I'f yes whats the best course to correct the issue

Anyways on to the pics.

Room 1 ( Day 28 flower )

Pink Grapefruit

Gorilla Glue