What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1 plant 4 sq ft 400 watts

G

water: i use ro water which has no ppms it is the only real way to grow the way i do...i could pull it off with tap but my plants would not be as happy because i grow by ph and tap is a little harder because of the metals in it make it hard to change the ph when the plants consume nutrients...if you do use tap let it sit for 24 hrs before using it...my plants in flower drink about a half gallon to a gallon a day...

clone: a clone can go in the waterfarm as soon as it has roots...special needs no the waterfarm will do it all

flushing:i flush for 48 hrs to 72 hrs with nothing but tap water...you always chop when the light cycle is about to start(they are in the dark)the best way to tell if your plant has been flushed enough is pull a large fan leaf from the main stalk and put the stem end in your mouth and taste it...if it is bitter than it needs more flushing if it just taste like water than it is flushed enough

readings: the top bucket will sit ontop of the bottom bucket at a angle with enough room to check...i usually use a shot glass to take a sample...never take your sample from the fill line tube on the side as it wont have the same readings as the bucket....i just pour water or nutrients over the top when adding back to the system...any more questions i would be glad to answer...peace

tex1969 said:
Thanks for the quick responses, I think I understand for the most part, a few more if you please.

Water- can I use straight out of tap water, or do i need to allow the water to sit overnight to allow chlorine evap? How long does it usually take for a plant to use up 2 gallons of water?

Clone- How large does a rooted clone need to be before it can be placed into a waterfarm, and is there any special watering procedure to startout ie handwatering?

Flushing- Do you flush, and if you do at which week of flower and with what?

Readings- How do you get your ph readings, lifting the top plant bucket out each time or from the dripring and when you replenish with water do you remove and fill bottom or pour over balls?

Last edited:
B

buzzed day

just stoped to say what's up.i see your helping all of use again with tips and stuff.one day i hope to do hydro.was hopeing this year but don't think so.i got 2 nice scrogs starting but can't post pics yet.peace

G

thanks man...when your ready for hydro dont be overwellmed its easy and with your ingenuity you will have no problem...peace...and the sour diesel ibl...all seeds are in perfect shape...no cracked seeds...they are all fully developed ready to plant seeds...time to upgrade my carbon scrubber...peace

T

tex1969

Cloning

Cloning

BT, I am certain that you will do those Sour diesel proud. I appreciate all the help you are giving me, and I sure do love having a grower who I can try and duplicate. Sooo a few more questions if you pleeeeese!

Cloning- I have cloned numerous times in soil with over an 99% success rate, I take cutting, cut at angle, scrape lower, wet with water, dip in clone powder and place in cup with promix, and place under t5 or flouros. I have tried with rockwool years ago and did not have any success, so I could use all the help you can send my way.

Supplies- rockwool starter cubes, tray and dome, cloning powder, wilt spray.

G

ok well with rockwool which i hate(rapid rooters organic sponge rule) just make sure to ph balance it to 5.5(soak for a few hrs than check the ph of the water they are soaking in) before you put the cuts in it and dont keep it soaked just let it dry out until the clone starts to droop than a few drops in the medium...so basically you want the medium to go from wet to damp and keep it damp until you see roots..to wet stem rot...to dry wilt...i use a the floor in my veg room at 65 percent humidity and 75 degrees and get roots usually within 7 days..maximum 14 days

G

get the rapid rooters man they rule seriously i have tried them all....soil too...rapid rooters for cloning are the answer its a sponge man...im high as a kite sorry if i am not making sense...peace

Last edited:
T

tex1969

get the rapid rooters man they rule seriously i have tried them all....soil too...rapid rooters for cloning are the answer its a sponge man...im high as a kite sorry if i am not making sense...peace

I have one bag of rapid rooters and hundreds of jiffy pellets that came with my tray sets.

Wicked

wow , forget that last message :spank: , man I didnt see those last pics, HOLY nice under a 400, superb you would say. Peace man and great work. :rasta:

B

buzzed day

man things look good.must be nice to have all that candle power lol.peace

G

guest5703

haha dayuum I was gonna say if that's a 400 watt I am doing something wrong with my shit!!! haha Keepin up the awesome work brainthor, I want to see some dry shots of those beautiful nugs you have there!