What's new

1 Gram Per Watt?

thc43

Veteran
a good grow for me yields 1gpw to 1.25. the key is in using the right space for your globe, have the room working well and being one step ahead of your plants

hopefullmonkey

top fucking grow mate, im not too keen on your method of producing extra sticky budz though :fsu:

i guess thi is a very old argument, important to tight wads, dealers and those who only want to grow once (like me) and have to ensure maximum return for their financial investment.

(see weedfarmer thread about 2 years ago)

ok so lets nail something good and proper - their musy be two catagories here.

firstly total power usage over the whole grow and its resulting weed output.

secondly the power usage over the flowering cycle and its resulting weed output.

this allows us to get a total power to weight ratio and a more pure flower power to weight ratio (sorry couldnt resist).

think of the logic behind these two measurements and youl see why it easier and more accurate to compare grow efficiency with these 2 figures rather than just one set of numbers.

so lets move on and look at some other variables.

plant genes, structure, growth patern etc
pruning/topping/lst etc
medium
nutes
light manufacturer (spectrum etc)
ventilation
grow room layout - stadium, column etc
temps
poting up system

and many many more.

so we can see this is a very complex subject which like all worth while challenges will give excelent rewards to those who have the patience to make accurate and salient enough observations.

me im growing one plant with 1000 wats, its my first go and im not to confident ill make any where near 1g/1w and given ive been veging for 5 weeks my over all efficiency is gona be pretty poor

but hey, its not all about the efficiency.......................

Y

yamaha_1fan

I posted this a while back. Its similiar to TGT's method I think but it gets more specific to the day. Maybe its too much math ???

I was wondering if there was any way we could create a simple formula that would show the effectiveness of a grow. I think we all agree GPW is just too vague with different veg times, wattages etc.

I was thinking grams/total KW used= GPW.

This would allow you to factor in the wattage used in veg and flower, and the days in each.

For example:
A veg room running 80 watts (1 fluro) over clones, for 18 hours a day, for 2 weeks,

That is 18*14*80=20,160

A flower room running 9000 watts, for 12 hours a day for 60 days

That is 12*60*9000= 6,480,000

So to take your girl from a little baby to a full blown old lady that you chop down, it takes 6,500,160 Watts of lighting or 6500.16KW

Based on our old average of 1 GPW standard, this room should produce 9000 grams.

So 9000/6500.16=1.38 GPKW

I think this is a much more accurate measurement of yield versus lighting and allows comparisons to be more on the same level.

So anybody onboard or have a tweak to add to it?

Or do we just use the old GPW that really has no real meaning?

Military

yamaha_1fan takes the cake guys.... Im a math person and to me thats just about the best "STANDARD" that anyone can use and can be compared to anyone else..

That is of course if people are even keeping track of there days and timing of lights on...

hehe like me I just let it go :p and I take an average and i always say give or take a 5-6days for my grows hehe.

but ya.. thats a pretty freaking clean way to describe GPW..

Also yamaha_1fan just to clear something so others dont get confused... you said

"9000/6500.16=1.38 GPKW" .. KILOWATT... no WATT..

So you said thats 1.38 Gram Per Kilowatt(1000watt) :p

Np though I got your back man :p