What's new

1 gram per watt = Max yield??

superbolan

you have to factor time in to. if your getting more crops per year that counts alot. some people want big plants. I am more interested in the turnaround

Craven_au

In 2009, Christy Harp, of Jackson Township just outside Canton, Ohio grew a 1,725-pound pumpkin that is believed to be the world's largest ever recorded. She took first place at the Ohio Valley Giant Pumpkin Growers annual weigh-off. She won $2,500 and could claim the world title.

But what did it taste like?

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
I think we need to have some sort of grow off,like try to get the same cut to the growers and everyone try to mimic the same environment? Sound plausible?

I think we need to have some sort of grow off,like try to get the same cut to the growers and everyone try to mimic the same environment? Sound plausible?
No. If everyone is doing the same thing there isn't much of a competition. The competition would be here's a 1000watt light. Bring back your yield.
This is why people continue to use this metric as a gauge. The light is the main limiting factor on a grow. If someone else is growing your strain under the same light and getting better yields then you could make some improvements.
Yes I know different strains will have different yields. And yes, some strains that taste really good don't yield much.
Also, as far as taste. Bigger flowers seem to taste better to me. I don't think you can say bigger yields means lower quality. We're not talking about 1 ton pumpkins here. I've had huge yielders that taste fantastic.

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
In 2009, Christy Harp, of Jackson Township just outside Canton, Ohio grew a 1,725-pound pumpkin that is believed to be the world's largest ever recorded. She took first place at the Ohio Valley Giant Pumpkin Growers annual weigh-off. She won $2,500 and could claim the world title.

But what did it taste like?

A watermelon ?

snaggy

Are u guyz talkin wet, dealer dry, or personal dry?

My personal gram would probably be 2+ from a dealer.
So at what humidity and humidex?

Are u guyz talkin wet, dealer dry, or personal dry?

My personal gram would probably be 2+ from a dealer.
So at what humidity and humidex?

Cured net yield weight. If you're talking weight from growers at 1 gpw under 1kW or more that's more than they can smoke, so dealer dry.
For me that's about 2-4 weeks after harvest.

Sorry for asking a potentially dumb question but when measuring grams per watt, are you measuring per plant or are you measuring your total yield?

El Toker

what is your goal? Quality medicine or mass production with no regard for quality.

It's not just an either-or choice though is it? I think it's very likely that the conditions required to get the best out of the plant in terms of yield are the same as those required to get the best out of the plant in terms of THC production. Suggesting that the goals of high yield and high quality are mutually exclusive is woolly thinking.

Grammes per Watt is a very useful guide to success, although grammes per watt per square metre would tell us a lot more, the weight would be solely bud and the plant would have been dried just to the point of stems snapping when bent. As a personal grower that's all I'm interested in, getting the greatest yield out of my limited space. I always use proven genetics and I always get a good smoke. Everything else is just hippie bollocks that I ignore.

Scrogerman

Veteran
Heath Robinsion has hit over the 2gpw scenario, & that was with young rooted cuttings not vegged for too long & a full Bloom phase, he uses alot of cuts in a custom built stadium deep trough NFT & Vert lighting Rig, fair play to the guy he smashes GPW out of the window regularly and always aims around 2 g pw. So He says, Pics always look the part & i love the systems he builds fair play they rock!
Do a search for that guy, he can bloody grow i'll give the guy that!

Scrogerman

Veteran
All i want is a plant that yields 8 ounces of heart-pounding, trippy weed in 30 days.

What Not 20 days lol, dont we all brotha! hahahah!
Jm's bang-on theres just too many variables to just say GPW and compare, it is Bollocks unless all other factors/variables are considered, this is about the 5th thread ive seen in the last year on the subject!

jm420

Veteran
8 oz's indoor off 1 plant good luck with out 90 days veg lite etc.... I hope for 3per plant and thats pushin on 30 days veg . .no point grams per watt IMO

jm420

Veteran
Key word, Time spent.Major factors no matter what are gonna be genetics and enviorment.for Instance take a low yeilder and i'll say blueberry vs. white russian in the rite enviorments with the same veg time and conditions you may hit the gram a watt with WR no way with BB Thats why i beleive grams per watt is BS

Latest posts

Latest posts