What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1 gallon grow bags with coir EBB n FLOW

Should I rig a top feed instead of flooding the tables to feed? I'm using coco coir in those black 1 gallon grow bags. Either way how many times a day should i feed?

G

gdawg

top feed bro. your watering schedule will vary, depending on size of plants, temp, ect. you'll be able to tell when they need it and eventually get the feeling of it. i've never done ebb and flow personally but i believe with coco in the bags, i use the 2gall, you're better off topfeed. give us more specifics

cesartime

gotta second gdawg on that one, top feed for sure. Youre gonna have a hell of a time getting water into those bags in a table without poking a shitload of holes in the bag, which kinda defeats the purpose of the bag anyway.

thanks for the responses. I'm gonna be transplanting clones which are rooted into dixie cups straight into 100% coco coir and throw them straight into flowering. I just rigged up my overhead feeders by cutting small slits into a 1/8" tube and taping it into a circle shape.

I'm gonna be feeding 4 times a day during the day cycle for 15 minutes each cycle. I mixed my res with CNS17 bloom mixed to 600PPM (i heard coco can use small dosages), 1 tsp molasses, 1 tbs kelp extract, and PH'd it to 5.7. I only filled the res with about 2 gallons because I only have one coco plant on it for now until I transplant the rest tommorow.

Anyone see any problems with my routine?

G

gdawg

surfingrob said:
. I only filled the res with about 2 gallons
what?? :nono: sounds good with the 100% coco and you got the feeders right, how big are the plants? any n in that mix? may want a little for the first couple weeks but we don't know your situation maybe ya can't let em get tall or somethin. maybe thats too much waterin to start with, i like to build them up on the waterin schedule, dependin on what they're tellin me. ppms sound ok to me go 5.8 on ph i think. are ya recircin this or run to waste?

I'm gonna be recirculating it. And I probably should add a bit of grow solution in there cause the clones are kinda small thanks for the tip.

N

Neptune

bags are hard to topfeed with. most of us topfeeders use plastic pots.. squares or circles, up to you.

E&F can work, but then I recomend "mesh pots" or else get the GH cocotek Coir pots.

Neptune said:
bags are hard to topfeed with. most of us topfeeders use plastic pots.. squares or circles, up to you.

E&F can work, but then I recomend "mesh pots" or else get the GH cocotek Coir pots.

Yea it actually was kinda tricky to rig a drip line to each bag but I got it done by just poking holes in the end of drip line and clipping it in 2 places on the actual bag it self, it holds and gives a nice even drip.

I just switched over to RO water how much calmag+ should I add into my res?