What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1-2 pound drying tub

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Mr. bo, how long does your carbon last? I made a drying tub about 3 years ago. To my disappointment the carbon barely lasts though one drying session. There is so much humidity we are pulling through the filter that the carbon just doesn't last. Humidity is a carbon killer

496drier_side.jpg

496drier_front.jpg

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
DIY rocks ass... simple cheap and effective.. Good thread MrbongJ.. and the rest.. The bin that chiefSmokEr used is awesome very tough. I used same for DWC it didnt bow like the mullet mart specials.. :D K+ fellas.. peace n pufs..

sacKO

oKiHai

@MacHush I believe you can bake it. I don't know the the temp or for how long but I am pretty sure you can recharge carbon. I am sure a quick Google search could answer your question

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I do not have neighbors to be bothered by smell. Main cola's slow dry in a darkroom.

All the 1-5 gram popcorn goes on a Walmart sweater dryer. Four layers of nylon mesh 2' square with about 75 airslots pushing out a breeze across the four shelves of bud. Under $40, dries about a half pound at a time in three days. Off the shelf ready to go.
Double duty.
16" x 25" by 3 inches thick, allowing it to slide into low areas. A 6" cylinder on the 16" end houses the fan. Since it is a hollow flat plastic tray with that centrifugal intake fan in the bottom and those 75 slots letting air out the wide side, a large volume of very slow air can be moved. Between harvests the dryer gets laid flat on the floor under a plant. The gentle flow of air goes up and around the plant tray slow enough not to overly agitate the leaves. Great spot cooler for the middle of the room where the outside plants block sideways air movement.

I had a choice. The closed box was tempting just for the control over air movement. Lazy won this fight. :kitty:

Rowdy420

Nice work guys! I'd just get a dehumidifier that'll keep the room at your desired humidty, a charcoal filter is a must though with constant air being drug across the stank! I use a small Jardin (3x3) with the homebox mesh tray with a 6" charcoal/vortex pulling all the time. I use a dehuey to keep the air moving thru the tent at 50%, takes roughly 10-14 days to dry.

Once again good work!

Good luck, Peace

I am going to be building one of these.

Do the clamps hold down the lid secure enough to prevent any odors from escaping? Or will the inline fan provide enough pressure to prevent it from escaping?

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
i am just going to dry them in the tent they were flowered in....i lose about a 5 days. im okay with that

benzo

This is old, but really cool !!

I checked out Inject truths link, if u scroll down to the comments someone mentioned that the buds could take on a plastic smell. Has anyone encountered that problem ??

N

noyd666

hi, benzo . made one tub with fan each end, blow in,:huggg: over top of 3 stainless racks, then sucked:biggrin: out into oder sock,:woohoo: works well,.:tiphat: no plastic :tumbleweed:smell

N

noyd666

hi benzo, if you use 2 fans put some sort of filter rag over inside on outtake .otherwise youll' have a chipper chopper lol .i put my racks on steep angles, facing the fan .catch ya .

Hey guys

Going to build one of these, got a 4" duct booster fan, and a 4" can filter, I'm going to push through the filter, but my question to you all, what would be the best way about allowing air to enter? Drilling holes in the side opposite the fan is my first idea, but this is going to be tucked into the corner of my flower room and I don't want the light to mess with the drying, I don't think the small holes would do much but I've always had a separate dark room to dry, new house not so much. I was thinking about swiss cheesing the left side, then covering it in a t shirt to keep debris and some light out, then a coffee filter over the exhaust to keep my buds out of there just in case. Wanted to get your guys opinion on my idea or if you had a better idea on my slight twist of the OP

N

noyd666

:) i got same, but hole in other end with clamp fan, clamp removed, front of fan pushed into bin, taped on. air in, air out, into stink sox. works' tops':blowbubbles: can have holes' if want.:tumbleweed:

Latest posts

Latest posts