What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1:100,000 I DID IT- Mutation Wat

Betterhaff

Veteran
Hi Tony,

From these pictures it almost looks it may be 2 embryos that were encapsulated in one seed coat (fraternal twins). Then the stems fused as it grew, looks like you can see a separation line along the stem.

If the freak grows enough to throw some lateral branches you might want to take some clones. Quite interesting. These kinds of things drive me crazy because they are so unusual and you get so intrigued…without knowing what the outcome will be.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I culled igor it started throwing all leaves no grow tips lol...

as for Kuato, well they are both thriving. I managed to separate the stems enough to lean one over so they both are growing equally atm, they look identical except for some small differences.

They both started out throwing alternating nodes but both have a mutant third branch alternating between the alternating nodes and the third is offset from normal.

Well one has started growing normal side by side nodes and the original smaller is still throwing alternating nodes.

Im going with spontaneous haploids and one of em converted to spontaneous double haploid as my theory. :) Im also gonna guess they are both male. ill take cuts and sex em soon. :D

pic soon...

blueberrydrumz

ICMag Donor
i too have had this happen.. just recently.. one turned out male, one female..
i couldnt be arsed and chopped the male off... the female then kicked off and its growing much more vigorously now..
best of luck to you

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
ok you can see the weird alternating nodes they started with and the odd third branch between alternating nodes. The littler one is still alternating the bigger one started growing regular node.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So the little one is still alternating the bigger half is regular nodes now, im still goin with the theory of bein spontaneous haploids and the bigger one turned to spontaneous double haploid. A man can dream and theorize eh? :)

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
I had twins from one seed.
Chem sourd X (c99xapoll11 g4)
I labeled it twin A and B.

But it was 2 seperate plants from one seed not connected like yours.

No mutations I didn't notice any difference between the rest of them as to the twins.

Good luck

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
anyone seen the alternating nodes from seedling? pretty weird?

Anyone ever had twins that were sterile?

Betterhaff

Veteran
I had a seedling that had them and it was also very quick to put out branching from the nodes. It turned out male and didn’t feel it had a desired structure, very gangly, so I culled it. Maybe if I had more space I would have kept it.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wonder if it would have been sterile or fertile. If these are boys and sterile I think it would support my spontaneous haploid theory heh.

I took cuts, hopefully root even though they were small, I got somethin goin on with my roots, losin a few plants here and there.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Clones of Kuato. Easy for me to tell the difference with the node structure at this point. Leaf patterns alike. Kuato V1.0 started to swell stems from topping much more sturdy. Hope I go 2 for 2 on the cuts, dont separate em until I got the back ups.

EastCoast710

tony. I bet you that once rooted and in their own pots they will take off and you can really see whats going to happen with these. ive never had a twin. but ive had shit that popped out 3 fans at a time. and 3 branches.. it was garbage but lets hope you found some crazy ass super thc plants...

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
im bout sure they are potent, gg4 x (gg4 x sour bubble F2)! :)

the double haploid theory makes me smile, im still guessin theyre both gonna be boys but we'll see. A boy and a girl would be nice too would beBC1F1...

Anyone wanna chime in on the haploid double haploid theory feel free!

Betterhaff

Veteran
Haploid or double haploid plants are a very rare occurrence in the wild. It would be wonderful if you could find a double haploid (homozygosity).

My guess is they are fraternal twins, 2 female gametes pollinated by 2 male gametes (in the same seed coat). They could be maternal twins, embryo splits after pollination but then the resulting plants would be more uniform.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Spontaneous haploids have been found in twins on occasion. Although rare. And DH can happen spontaneously.

If they are males and sterile it could lend credence to the spontaneous haploid theory.

Interesting stuff!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
what would people think of a line that is 75% male but the females are all nearly identical, almost clone like, too much trouble to grow? Turn off?

Latest posts

Latest posts