What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Has anyone used this fan Valueline 6 Inch Centrifugal Inline Fan?

illwill

I just got 4 of the 8inch they make and they work just as good as my vortex fans but cost way less :jump:

Last edited:
I

impeachme2

I have that fan in 6" from that vendor. Works great, and the vendor is great.

rustymetal

I have been planning on buying this fan but it appears they have recently changed the CFM from 435 to a much weaker 268..Now I am very much undecided for my 400w cab with carbon filter...

whodi

Veteran
I bought one when it was 435 CFM.. it works great. However, I noticed the new CFM ratings have been lowered a lot. I contacted plant lighting and they said CAP, the maker of valueline fans lowered their CFM ratings. I proceeded to contact CAP manufacture and they haven't lowered their CFM ratings. If you look on the CAP website, the CFM's are much higher than the ones listed on plant lightning.

I like plant lighhting but perhaps they are trying to get people to buy their 12 inch fans instead. It's still a great deal for the 12 inch.. 1000 CFM for $170

here's the CAP website showing their CFM ratings: http://www.randmsupply.com/productdisp.php?pid=549&navid=33

Doesn't it seem fishy? Regardless, the fans work great.

treewizard

I run one on a dimmer. I use mine to cool my lights. It works great. Its only been used for four months or so now. In other words I can't comment on durability. I believe I ordered mine from there as well. It wasn't a bad experience, but I didn't get any warm fuzzy feelings and I thought that his s/h was a little too high.

kushclt

another rep for the 6" valuline...got mine from that same link..plantlighthydroponics.com...it's a great fan, had it about 4 months..fairly quiet...great cfm!

MobbDeep

thats the same exact fan ive been looking at,from that same website...its SUPER cheap,and now thanks to ya,i feel better on buying it....my question is,will this fan work to cool my 400 hps if I DONT USE AN AIRCOOLED HOOD...?

I plan in just setting this fan with some short ducting,and have it pull the hot air near the 400w bulb?....my closet is fairly avergae in size,not a cabinet..so will this fan work like that?..or do I NEED an aircooled hood/cooltube?

i plan in having the duct opening very cloe to the bulb,and having it run the entire time the light is on...also,i might have the closet doors open as much as possible?..

Tony Danza

thats the same exact fan ive been looking at,from that same website...its SUPER cheap,and now thanks to ya,i feel better on buying it....my question is,will this fan work to cool my 400 hps if I DONT USE AN AIRCOOLED HOOD...?

I plan in just setting this fan with some short ducting,and have it pull the hot air near the 400w bulb?....my closet is fairly avergae in size,not a cabinet..so will this fan work like that?..or do I NEED an aircooled hood/cooltube?

i plan in having the duct opening very cloe to the bulb,and having it run the entire time the light is on...also,i might have the closet doors open as much as possible?..

If the cfm is HALF of that 268 you should have zero issues scrubber or not.

And yes, that fan looks tempting as hell.

del...

i use 1 6" "ecoplus" inline fan that produces 340cfm at 1.1 amps. it easily keeps 2 glass "sun tubes" with 1kw each bulbs using the suck to keep one clear and the blow to cool the 2nd one bfore venting into the attic. i keep my window a/c set at 84 and it hasn't turned on, so far. outdoor temps are still cool enough that a/c hasn't been needed but am sure it'll be used a lot once summer comes along. but these new sun tubes with inline fan should allow me to continue the indoor grow year-round, something i couldn't do once summer heat hit...without having huge power bills from running the a/c along with everything else.

long story short...one 6" inline fan will easily clear out the heat from 2 1kw sun tubes.

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
I have the 6 inch and 4 inch and both work great no complaints here. Also have the 4'" on a dimmer. Way cheaper than anything else and they're doing the job great.

I have that exact fan got it from the same place and so far so good acutally so far perfect knock on wood, have only been running it for about 2 months now but got it hooked up to a homemade scrubber and seems to work great nice and relatively quite from 15 foot or so its nearly silent, great value and so far great product would def recomend to anyone

MobbDeep

Ok my 6 in VALUELINE centrifugal fan came in by ups yesterda..it comes with a power cord..so no wiring./.just plug it in..its works GREAT..

K

knifehitz

Yes, these fans work with the Speedster. This Chinese fan is sold by a few gardening companies, I believe EcoPlus sells one. It's pretty shitty compared to a Vortex, louder, uses more power at less airflow.