What's new

newbie hydro\cfl experiment, an evolutionary journey

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Way to hang in. Some shots look like you're stacking buckets. Since you have the vert space, I'd recommend using deeper ones. More water means less maintenance and milder swings of temp, EC and pH. Also provides more time to apply corrections when things go wrong.

starrider

Bozo nice little set up. I am in the process of setting up my first f&d system.I have 3 or 4 grows behind me all in soil .Good luck & peace

Hey Bozo, you should switch to a CMH bulb. SOOO much better.

I have one plant(clone from a mother) in side, same soil and 5 gallon pot
I have one plant(clone from a mother) out side, same soil and same size pot

Indoor node spacing 1 inch tops.(with a 400w CMH bulb)
Outdoor node spacing 4 - 5 inches.(SUN LIGHT)

Hey bozo, next time your looking for light fixtures, goto a Second Hand store, buy a fixture that has 5 light sockets for about $5.

SuperToker

Now build yourself a small 2x2 or 3x3 box about 5 ft tall and put a 250 or 400 hps lamp in it with a quality reflector and exhaust fan. You can easily get near a pound of buds if you flower your clones after vegging them for a week or two. You can actually grow them straight out of your little cloner you made, it's just like growing with DWC buckets. You'll be amazed at the difference in quality you can get with an HPS vs the CFLs.

damn foo, those light fixtures are the shiet, under 5 bucks. i been looking for dat type of fixture at dat price all i seen were all $8.99+
good find. i gotta find one of those 2nd hand stores near my area.