What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

wild in the caribbean .

Ganja baba

Veteran
here are some photos from my resent visit to st lucia ... not jamaica
i have a local planter breeding for me , most of these are st lucian , some are my pursang haze and 1982lambsbred but are on about there 10 generation of being mixed with there local variety .... i recently planted out uk pineapple x pure thai ko samui , pursang x thai , uforia x thai , agent orange x pursang 6.. i will be back in 4 months to check on um all .

i had to choose such sativas , because they dont water their plants after they have been transplanted from the nursery ... and it is 12/12 nearly all the time
so indicas are a waste of time , the main smell of the weed now is lemons and limes , the introduction of the lambsbred and pursang haze has really made a good difference to the local weed , before thier strains were getting tired .most of the weed was chopped early and was very twiggy and poor jamaican strains were making there way into there gene pool .
they smell so good now ... the buds are full , we made some hash and honey oil .. ill post some pics another time ...
please for give me if i dont respond strait away , im trying to get to a computer as often as poss ...

some herb we dried in our villa ...

good friend of mine sporting a sonic seeds t shirt .

sunset in st lucia

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Hey Man !

That 's awesome picts you got here !
I'm impressed by the height of some plants, which look more like trees ! How long have they been growing ? Since dutch strain go straight flowering in the carribean, that must be a pretty long grow !!!

Just came back from Martinique, where an improvement is needed to, most weed come from st vincent, and is not grown really properly, but i must say that you could find some big hitters among those sativas. I got a friend who is trying to mix carribean strains with dutch too, but in martinique, and with a lot less plants.

So how is the mix ? Do they still have a great influence from old st lucia lines in the smoke( as the picts show that flowering time still great ) ??? It must be far away from smoking dutch or american strains ?

with those picts you made me reminds the carribean ! That's really good vibes you sent !

Keep on the good job, have fun !!!!

++

Titoon

Last edited:
G

now thats the life.growing your own in the tropic sun sativa lovers dream.
nice grow keep it green mon

Grizz

Veteran
Damn G dog your doing it right. your grower man is doing well also, need any help? Im due for a tropical vacation. Im sure a tall white boy would fit right in.

Ganja baba

Veteran
some more pics

some more pics

titoon29 said:
Hey Man !

That 's awesome picts you got here !
I'm impressed by the height of some plants, which look more like trees ! How long have they been growing ? Since dutch strain go straight flowering in the carribean, that must be a pretty long grow !!!

Just came back from Martinique, where an improvement is needed to, most weed come from st vincent, and is not grown really properly, but i must say that you could find some big hitters among those sativas. I got a friend who is trying to mix carribean strains with dutch too, but in Martinique, and with a lot less plants.

So how is the mix ? Do they still have a great influence from old st lucia lines in the smoke( as the picts show that flowering time still great ) ??? It must be far away from smoking dutch or american strains ?

with those picts you made me reminds the carribean ! That's really good vibes you sent !

Keep on the good job, have fun !!!!

++

Titoon

the weed in Martinique is mostly the crap from st lucia and st vincent , when I was in st lucia I managed to see the crap they were sending to Martinique , lowest of the lowest , but the seeds will contain good genetics .
My mate plants one male at the top of the bottom field and pollinates say 50 plants , some of this pollinated stuff gets sold cheap , so all though it looks crap it could contain the best of the island genetics .... There are loads of pure sativas on the island , my friend is very good at keeping pollen at bay … he can pollinate what ever he wants without the pollen causing probs .
because it is 12/12 he can isolate small plants in the bottom fields and there are so many bananas and trees on the upper levels that he dont get many seeds in his crop at all ...
To get the dutch strains to grow in lucia , they need to be vegged in big pots and them planted deep with coconut husks at the bottom to hold moisture .
the trouble is there is no electric in the jungle lol , so we are getting some solar panels and some energy saver bulbs to keep um in veg ...
Here is some local good and not so good weed .

And some gum my friend made and saved for us .

we managed to make some honey oil this time round , the locals had never tried it before and most went to sleep after an hour lol ...

then from the oil we made some space cakes , ummm
That really wiped us all out lol . We had that much spare oil we were eating it lol , I heard that it can cure cancer so I thought just incase any was building up in my system I could catch it quick lol .
well that was my excuse lol

Check out the jungle hut where we eat our lunch , dont look much but you need to eat your ground provisions , makes you hungry trekking through the jungle , mangos and pineapples and coconuts every where dont need to bring water lol.

the big trees you see take up to 8 or so months to finish mad a , this line is all ways present in the fields , the longer flowers smell more lemon zest the quicker short phenos smell more like lime and lemon almost like jacks cleaner ...
i am pleased you all like my pics glad to spread the sativa love ...
we are planting out a hundred st Lucian's indoors in the near future and f2s and crosses with other land races will be available , ill contact the mods when they are done and see about getting some to you guys ...

G

there should be ganja vacations.wher you can book trips to different regions of the world
where different mj is grown .nice places to stay and shower eat good food a must and soon as you arrive thay give you a bag of weed.and thay have a menu in the room and when you start off on your tour all you do is ring and place your order of what you want sativa for the morning .og after lunch and good indaca for after dinner.if going out a good kalimist would do.

titoon29

Veteran
Hi Ganja Baba,

thanks a lot for your reply... As you said, mostly crap weed in martinique, but you could find some interesting smokes sometimes if you know the good people.
I was given seeds from a friend which come straight from st vincent, and my friend told me that it was the best weed from the carribean he has ever smoked, and he has travelled a lot...

I did not thaught you would use solar panels to bring light to keep your plants in veg... Man that's a crazy idea, but really good one !! You're doing things really seriously, Good job man !

About oil, don't eat or smoke it a lot, as it's really not good for your liver ... But i agree sometimes it's nice to have some... so try the ice o lator i would recommand !

Thanks a lot for your time and picts again !!!!

See ya !

Ganja baba

Veteran
dan woody said:
there should be ganja vacations.wher you can book trips to different regions of the world
where different mj is grown .nice places to stay and shower eat good food a must and soon as you arrive thay give you a bag of weed.and thay have a menu in the room and when you start off on your tour all you do is ring and place your order of what you want sativa for the morning .og after lunch and good indaca for after dinner.if going out a good kalimist would do.

honestly that is exactly what my trips are like lol ... big bag when picked up at the air port .. funny about the kali mist , i take similar weed with me for evenings out normaly haze of some sort ..
would be nice if we could book trips like that , afghanistan would be one for me .

Ganja baba

Veteran
titoon29 said:
Hi Ganja Baba,

thanks a lot for your reply... As you said, mostly crap weed in martinique, but you could find some interesting smokes sometimes if you know the good people.
I was given seeds from a friend which come straight from st vincent, and my friend told me that it was the best weed from the carribean he has ever smoked, and he has travelled a lot...

I did not thaught you would use solar panels to bring light to keep your plants in veg... Man that's a crazy idea, but really good one !! You're doing things really seriously, Good job man !

About oil, don't eat or smoke it a lot, as it's really not good for your liver ... But i agree sometimes it's nice to have some... so try the ice o lator i would recommand !

Thanks a lot for your time and picts again !!!!

See ya !

i have had some really good vincy weed , the st vincent seems to have more of a sleeper effect than the st lucian and all ways pretty dense buds for sativa and well trimmed compared to some .... the weed in the photo may be vincie weed that we got from the boat guy ..

i know nothing about the effects of oil , thanks for the heads up .
so the healthy way is to vaporise or how is it supposed to be taken for medical reasons ?
thanks mate.

titoon29

Veteran
hi ganja baba

about the oil i have read that it was not good to use a lot of it everyday ( like 1g if i remember well), but i have no idea about how to use it the best way. I remember some guys had problem because of eating and smoking too much oil. you should check the medicinal topic on ic.

You really should try ice o lator, the finished product is different from oil, the smoke too. I found out oil to be more effective on the body pain releving than hash, even if i don't really smoke pot for body pain. IMO Hash is better in taste and high, and you could get really stone even with hash from the crappy martinique weed ^^

how is the smoke of the products ? Are there really a lot of differences between plants.. Does a 8 months flowering girl hit really stronger than an 4 months ?

See you

C

Classyathome

Very nice - those bottles for oil extraction look identical to the ones I just used on last batch...

Nice pics, thanks...

Ganja baba

Veteran
titoon29 said:
hi ganja baba

about the oil i have read that it was not good to use a lot of it everyday ( like 1g if i remember well), but i have no idea about how to use it the best way. I remember some guys had problem because of eating and smoking too much oil. you should check the medicinal topic on ic.

You really should try ice o lator, the finished product is different from oil, the smoke too. I found out oil to be more effective on the body pain releving than hash, even if i don't really smoke pot for body pain. IMO Hash is better in taste and high, and you could get really stone even with hash from the crappy martinique weed ^^

how is the smoke of the products ? Are there really a lot of differences between plants.. Does a 8 months flowering girl hit really stronger than an 4 months ?

See you

the bubble bags are going with us next time , i flippin cant wait to try the bubble .. i do smoke bubble now and again , but i prefer sieved hash , so im also sending a hash tumbler , i can hook it up to a car battery ..

yeah there is a difference to the longer flowering ones .... by the time they are done the resin is of the hook , the taste is fruity lemon , and its a far longer lasting high ... i like the texture of the longer flowering buds , when they are dry they have a dense but smudgy feel to um .
the trouble is it all waks me ... i smoke some top grade back home , me and my buddy were sure we would be extra stoned from our home grown , but we were not ... ive got cheese , jacks cleaner , pursang , flippin loads of strong strains . but the lucian ones hold there own ...

i got seeds this time, from other planters from other parts to compare how much my genes have made a difference , and all so loads of seeds from there that are about 5 years before i first went to the island ...

the lemon lime smell is very heavy in nearly all the phenos , they all seem to have this trait , i just chopped an in door st lucian , the seeds were from before i went to the island , it doesnt smell like the ones i have been smoking , it hasnt got any of the lemon , lime , smells very pungent but with out a smell if you can understand what im saying lol .... it is vapourous
but not fruity ... smells more liqurish .. may be its different because i grew it in doors but i doubt it ...
thanks mate
here are some more pics .

a lucian frog

bananas and the flowers of a banana tree

the two pitons ,

plantain man watering his seedlings

local water fall

another sunset

Ganja baba

Veteran
Classyathome said:
Very nice - those bottles for oil extraction look identical to the ones I just used on last batch...

Nice pics, thanks...

thanks mate , yeah i was surprised how clean and clear it turned out ..

Ganja baba

Veteran
O.G.#1 said:
Gotta love that sunset shot, awsome colors

i love them to we were playing around with different setting on 2 cameras ..
they are the true colours more or less ... i only auto enhansed on foto shop ..
cheers mate .

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool thread...true International Cannagraphic :rasta:
I love titoon´s thread to!
thx for sharing! :yes:
vBulletin Message
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to titoon29 again.

Last edited:
One of my parents is caribbean but I haven't been since I was tiny, some beautiful photos here! makes me want to go visit too :(

Ganja baba

Veteran
titoon29 said:
hi ganja baba

See you

just checked your thread out , amazing mate ..
just remembered , we got some marrocan hash that came from matinique
it was pretty good and very cheep 120 ec for 12 oz , mad a thats like $60 i think ... if you wanna check st lucia out let me know ... also i was thinking of going to st vincent next time i go to st lucia , vincent is said to have some of the best farms and plantations for ganja , i got a friend who knows a planter there ...

Last edited: