What's new

Does anyone believe that there is a synergy between man and plant??

U

ureapwhatusow

On a public access channel a while back was a show locally produced

they had a someone with a doctorate who was discussing that there is some evidence that the enviroment porduces what man needs (I assume a completely natural enviroment)

as if the world around us senses our being and reacts accordingly

I feel some growers have that natural connection (wether they know it or not)

In other word the weed adapts to your needs

Please Discuss

green_grow

Veteran
i am getting a lot of couch-lock from my herb, which is not really what i need, so my feeling is that the herb is following its own genetic code, aided/impeded by environmental factors, but largely oblivious to the needs of its grower.

U

ureapwhatusow

this phenom. was experience in completely natrual setting

I dont know the conditions of growing have on that

it was phenomonon that was experinced by hippie living off the land so to speak

its like the 100 mile diet, they eat stuff that was produced from plants wihtin 100 miles of were you live you will be much healthier

im sure there are plent rural people who grew up and live on farms that have some preference to the food that is localy grown vs imported so i am wondering if there is any relationship when you right there growing in the wild living in the wild

hamstring

Veteran
I am a believer in karma for what it's worth but not sure I go along with this phenomenon you brought up.

I just got done watching a public TV program on corn growing. Almost 100% of corn grown is yellow dent #2 . Grown strictly for its starch production. Nothing like the original corn that came out of Mexico from the Indians, which had a great deal of protein. Yellow dent #2 has almost no nutritional value.

Dig this almost everything thing westerners eat has corn in it because the high fructose corn syrup is in everything and I mean everything. Next time you are in the market look at ingredients and see if you can find something without high fructose corn syrup in it. Good luck.

Did you know all the hamburger you eat is from cows in feedlots who eat nothing but corn. They have to be feed antibiotics to keep it from rotting their guts.

Dig this 70-80% of all antibiotics made are feed to cows so they can eat corn all day. So not only is corn in every packaged product it is in all the beef you eat too.

They broke down a Mc Donald’s meal. Soda (70% high fructose syrup) Fries (cooked in corn oil) Hamburger (Livestock feed on nothing but corn and antibiotics).

So does the environment change for us or do we change the environment?

JWP

Its called the law of attraction.

Declare your needs and the universe will provide them :rasta:

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran
I certainly agree there can be synergy between man and plant and can maybe even provide some scientific proof
smiley-chores019.gif

Peace, Canna

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"The Botany of Desire" by Michael Pollan is an exellent book about the four 'desires' of man and their plant counterparts; Sweetness and the Apple, Beauty and the Tulip, Control and the Potato, Intoxication and.....you guessed it, Cannabis. A fun and informative read, he talks alot about the time dilation effects of cannabis and how that works to fight pain and fear.

I think we've been bumming around the world with some plants for so long that we've developed some kind of ancestral memory for them and cannabis is obviously one of them. It may explain why most people try to understand it as a common crop while a few seem to have some kind of mad druid skills! ;) Or, maybe it would grow that well for everyone if they only showed the respect the druids do.

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

they had a someone with a doctorate who was discussing that there is some evidence that the enviroment porduces what man needs (I assume a completely natural enviroment)

Please Discuss

It's an interesting idea, but I find myself wondering if the relationship is so direct.

Feels like a byproduct of evolution. How many plants or animals have stuck around that don't play a role in their ecosystem or are dependent upon it? It strikes me that the majority of plants that exist today are servicing animals & their environment. Without doing so, they would have most likely gone extinct and been removed from the equation in the first place.

So like, to sketch a quick example, is it some magical process by which plants appear to feed locals, or, is it that the seeds that the birds are dropping in their poop as they fly over the field come from local plants that have evolved & survived to provide sustenance to the creatures in the area?

As for cannabis, I'm a bit skeptical. I've grown herb from a clone of a popular commercial strain in my area, and while mine may have had a little something extra and certainly looked and tasted better, the high was still the classic high that myself and others came to expect from the strain regardless of the grower.

Linenoise

Please Discuss

Actually, I think it is the other way around. Man adapts to his ever changing surroundings. If you consider the mammal that is man you see he is physically inferior to most all other animals on Earth. We are not the fastest, nor the strongest. We do not have the best eyesight or hearing. We lack any appreciable dexterity compared to other animals. Our young are totally dependent of their parents for YEARS. Yet with all these physical disadvantages we rule the planet (excluding ants and cockroaches, of course).

We have one organ to thank for such worldly domination. Our big fat brain. Thanks to our brain we are able to make the best of a bad situation. No animals to eat? Pick some berries. Too damn cold? Build an igloo. Unable to move that giant stone? Tame an ox. Feeling stressed? Roll a joint. :)

Adaption is our number one asset and is probably the only thing that has sustained us thus far. Now if you want to play the karma card or some other spiritualesque (probably not a real word) influence I wont argue that possible notion, but so far as quantifiable factors are concerned, it is clear we are the ones doing the adapting, imo.

U

ureapwhatusow

with out and direct reply to any one post let me clarify

the synergy between plant and man I am suggestion cannot be experience without said plant you are having synergy goes through a complete life cycle

organism do not evolve in one lifetime the catalyst to DNA evolving requires breeding and progeny

to think as an apex life form that we are evolving to the influence of the world around us through adaptation does not sound correct

in fact i think we were meant to evolve to be intelligent enough to replicate our selves and environment and send those replica to lifeless voids around us, and are meant to be master of this domain called earth

just like mold travels on bread over time life will spread through out the universe

or it will eventually cease to exist

but this is a whole other conversation

FallenBuddha

Chat Mod
Veteran
it's quite simple in my eyes, plants need co2, we give off co2, we need oxygen, plants give off oxygen, nuff said.

peace -fb

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
There have been times I have felt something from some of the girls, mostly ones that had been going over a year. But I'm nuts, so it is just probably me. Also if something is off, I feel it before I see it mostly, again, just one of my subsystems I suppose.
H

El Vexilix

I believe there was something on Mythbusters on this . But one thing i can tell is that my plants don't like it when my ass is not there to attend their every need. Like i won't water for a week but everyday I'm there and they don't wilt and the soil is still moist. When autodrive kicks in , boy there just seems to be probs left and right.

whiskeytango420

There is only one king, god picks em, hand pluckes
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There have been times I have felt something from some of the girls, mostly ones that had been going over a year. But I'm nuts, so it is just probably me. Also if something is off, I feel it before I see it mostly, again, just one of my subsystems I suppose.
H
me too!...lol
And yes I do Ureap! More in a "vibes" sense. I wont go around my garden in a bad mood...I talk to my plants ALL the time...There is definitely a connection PAST "growing your own."
They are living organisms too...

good vibes

ksac

Yeah, we selectively breed plants and work them in fields. They produce food, and we feed billions of humans with it. We're working together to produce a greater effect... that benefits us.

ksac

me too!...lol
And yes I do Ureap! More in a "vibes" sense. I wont go around my garden in a bad mood...I talk to my plants ALL the time...There is definitely a connection PAST "growing your own."
They are living organisms too...

good vibes

What are these vibes made of? How do they change? How do we produce them?

Latest posts

Latest posts