What's new

Smart Pots

djstiks

I'm looking for Smart Pots (or similar - cloth/spun plastic type) more suitable to SoG. Somehting taller with a smaller footprint.

Anyone know who might sell taller 8" round/square and smaller pots like this?

i would like to know too

M

mrred

rootmaker makes a bag thats 5 inch round 1 gallon called the FCR5, 1 dollar each with a 50 dollar min order

heres some diy auto root pruning cups, i just poked a bunch of holes with a pin needle,, boring as time consuming but it stops root circling

Last edited:

djstiks

rootmaker makes a bag thats 5 inch round 1 gallon called the FCR5, 1 dollar each with a 50 dollar min order

heres some diy auto root pruning cups, i just poked a bunch of holes with a pin needle,, boring as time consuming but it stops root circling

thx for the info

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I'm looking for Smart Pots (or similar - cloth/spun plastic type) more suitable to SoG. Somehting taller with a smaller footprint.

Anyone know who might sell taller 8" round/square and smaller pots like this?

Only pots I know of like that are rose pots, usually much taller than they are wide. Never seen a smartpot that size, but with a roll of landscaping fabric and a wife with a sewing machine you could make your own.

I wouldn't advise tall skinny pots in E&F trays, even my regular 2 gallon smartpots fall over if the plant is big and dry.

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
Hey :)

Smartpots http://www.smartpots.com/
#1 = 7", #2 = 8", #3 = 10" wide

New RootPouches http://www.rootpouch.com/english/
RP200 series (charcoal)
#1 Container B100-01 6w x 7 1/2h cm: 15w X 19h
#2 Container B100-02 8 1/2w x 8 1/2h cm: 21w X 21h
#3 Container B100-03 9w x 8h cm: 23w X 20h

RP400 series propagation pouches (black)
#1T Hort. Pouch BL400-01T 6w X 7h cm: 15w X 18h
#2T Hort. Pouch BL400-02T 8w X 10h cm: 20w X 25h

Thats whats I know of in that size range. ;)
I plan on grabbing some #10 RP200 RootPouches on my next trip to town.

onegreenday

Veteran
now they are filling root pouches/ smart pots
with media calling them
"grosocks" now if they were only hemp..............

48" GrowSocks by Gronomics

"The solution to gardening for people with limited space and time." "No weeding, no tiling, no watering, just enjoyment!"

GroSocks feature a professionally blended organic mix

The GroExx Soxx
The secret is out! After extensive testing in a variety of enviroments using hundreds of flower and plant varieties the results don't lie. There is simply no "Better Way to Grow".

Utilizing the Soxx to contain the growing media has many advantages....
~ Minimize water required utilizing Drip Irriation
~ Specially designed to absorb moisture
~ Allows root systems to breath, elminating root rot and overheating

The Gronomics Special Grow Mix:
The growing mix consists of composted pine bark, coarse fibrous sphagnum peat, organice compost and Northern Plains diary manure, which will grow a wide variety of annuals, perennials and garden vegetables. Composted pine bark increases soil porosity which enhances root growht. Organic compost helps absorb and districute moisture, oxygen and nutrients for optimum plant growth. Coarse fibrous peat maximizes the water holding, capacity and retains essential nutrients that Northern Plains composted diary manure provides. Gronomics cmoposted-based blends are mixed with Plaisted Companies' four bin computerized blending system to assure a consistent and accurate growing mix.

http://www.centrallandscape.com/isi...=5&getOffset=true&jsEnabled=true&ItemID=18220

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Those growsocks remind me of coco slabs, not deep enough for our big root systems in my opinion.

I just did a test, transplanted rooted clones into 2 gallon smartpots of FFOF, took 4 days for roots to poke through the sides and bottoms of the bags. I just adore these things, sturdy, re-usable, and the whole plant wets and dries evenly, no more mushy bottoms and bone-dry tops!

onegreenday

Veteran
Yah I like to hold the smart pot up to the sky and thank gaia for
the wonderful gift of ganja.

I can feel her roots breathing through the bag and
I feel connected to her...........

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
Sounds great guys! ;)

Nice to see this really catching on, there's no denying the positive results from any/all of the air pots. You can count on improved overall health at a minimum.

onegreenday

Veteran
Those growsocks remind me of coco slabs, not deep enough for our big root systems in my opinion.

I just did a test, transplanted rooted clones into 2 gallon smartpots of FFOF, took 4 days for roots to poke through the sides and bottoms of the bags. I just adore these things, sturdy, re-usable, and the whole plant wets and dries evenly, no more mushy bottoms and bone-dry tops!

I never used socks or slabs but some growers say cannabis likes to send it's roots sideways in a slab/sock vs a round/square pot structure.

The slabs are extensive in Dutch culture (canna COGR slabs)

B

bob00

just ordered some air-pots,looking at the picture of them they have a blue clip on them,what does it do?
does the pot unfold to make it easy transplanting?

I'm doing a test run of an Apollo 11 clone in a smart pot, this thing is TWICE the size of the other clones! Geez! Anywho, I'm working on a new setup and I think these smart pots are going to be my new best friend. I'm thinking of running 2-4'x8' tables with 2# smart pots, do you think I need a coco liner on the bottom??? Couldn't hurt I supposed...is anyone else doing this?
-
TB4U

onegreenday

Veteran
I'd say no. the 2 gal is pretty small and
you'd loose dirt space for the coir liner.

the fabric drains & breathes free-ly don't let sit in water for too long
20 minute rule.

EDIT: You could sit the smart pot on the coir blanket to create
a nice airspace under the bag. I use stones or netpots for my air space.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Here go my smart pot with coco in a drip system...

picture.php

picture.php

onegreenday

Veteran
now we know why you get mo...........
gotta a love that spray.

I gotta get that & the table.

those roots are just burstin out.

I suspect root enhancement and loose media..........

Edit: Oh yah that stalk is happenin.........like a broom stick or bigger

onegreenday

Veteran
Happy New Year 2010 thanks Gypsyyyyyyyyy

Happy New Year 2010 thanks Gypsyyyyyyyyy

I fill my saucer with the hydroton pebbles till it's even with the lip then I put the 3 gal on top o the stones

I use the lip of the saucer to control the "tilt"
of the smartpot.

I use the "tilt" to get the best light onto the plant canopy.

T

theJointedOne

here are 45 gallon containers growing outside. Yes the roots do grow throught he bottom. I might step up to the 100 gallons this yea/ they work AMAZING. I recommend them to anybody for outdoor grows. You can see in this pic the last season the larger homemade containers were used, these worked good, but i found with the smart pots i was not watering as much. And they dont break down as fast as the homemade burlap. The root growth in the smartpots was just better imo

picture.php

:smokeit:

If u want to save money, just use grow bags with and make a ton of wholes in them, people in the coco forum have said that what happens when u do this is the salt instead of raising to the top like it usually does starts to collect on the sides of the contaiiner and can be easy wiped off thereby lowering the salt in the medium. i think air pots n smart pots are for people growing trees, the advantages of theese containers doesnt show up in a month to 6 week veg but a little later, alot of people arent going to get any air prunning benefit from them with shorter cycles just more oxygenation to there roots, its important to know were your benefits come from-

duddits

I fill my saucer with the hydroton pebbles till it's even with the lip then I put the 3 gal on top o the stones

I use the lip of the saucer to control the "tilt"
of the smartpot.

I use the "tilt" to get the best light onto the plant canopy.

Absolutely simple and brilliant!! Thank you!!:gift:

Latest posts

Latest posts