What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PURPUREA TICINENSIS

Hmong

Veteran
PT @fd14
full

full

full

girls
full

full

boys
full

full

full

new canopy after watering, plants around 1m
full

Hmong

Veteran
PT @fd21
3 weeks and after that watering, pretty much everything was pollinated.
full

full

mad stretch, glad I did bet on the smallest pots possible and didn't go bigger.
highest plant 5ft in 1gal
full

chicas
full

machos
full

I only take 3 females out to reach every plant with the ewer, moving like a ninja in there :ninja:
vibrations or touches are unavoidable though, so fast forward today first seeds are forming.
Due to seed making and explosive growth, I kept the nutes high and some didn't like it after time. Totally fine, as It fits the purpose, now I can dial back and be more diligent once the males are gone.
full

Last edited:

Hmong

Veteran
Purpurea T. @fd35

full

full

That's gonna be it from me, seeds are now forming plentifully and I have other projects to move on to. Making the pics I was a bit off and used the color settings for another lamp, so sorry for the quality. Maybe I'm motivated for some final shots, come harvest time.

full

full

full

hanfomat

Cool report, @Hmong . Thank you.
Any news about the results?
How is the smell? Have you allready had some smoke/vape tests?
I wonder as my 5 PT 09 seeds out of the same package has sproutet last 3 days ...

Rhizoma

Hi all,
I am very interested in Felix Kautz works, but I can't find any info, link, bio about him.
I am really interested to figure it out if Felix never used any " Italian" strain into his works and particularly if he heard never about the "Calcutta" strain.
Any help to point me out in the right direction?

browntrout

Veteran
It’s funny how purple cultivators show very little purpling when seeded. Looks like a good haul of seeds!

hanfomat

Well, it was a rough week with a lot of work. I harvested the main buds and let the seeds ripen a little further. Of course I missed taking pictures before the harvest.
I'll share with you my experience with Purpurea Ticinensis...

I got them as bonus seeds when I bought my last seeds. Only 6 seeds, but 5 germinated and I got 4 females plus 1 beatuiful boy out of it. This is what's left of it.
Here are two of the lower buds still on the plant:
no1.jpg no2.jpg
Seeds ripening on the girls...
overview.jpg and top buds drying (3 out of 4 plus a blueberry at right top corner).
drying.jpg
The smell is very special. Not bad, hard to describe. Very strong and intense, fruity, lemony.
The first test flower was very tasty in the vaporizer and the effect should not be underestimated. Not a killer weed, but not as weak as you often read about it. Perfect daytime weed I think (only after first tasting ...).
And last but not least: it's an traditional old swiss strain, what i like.

Hmong

Veteran
The smell is very special. Not bad, hard to describe. Very strong and intense, fruity, lemony.

sounds exactly like mine, also by the looks it should be the same plant.

Perfect daytime weed I think (only after first tasting ...).

it is, yes
got some dankier phenos too, that can put you to sleep.
Overall not strong, but also little hangover, compared to commercial.