What's new

Perennial strains are here

anikas88

hxxp://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16311450/
hxxp://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/20/AR2006122000229.html
hxxp://cannabisnews.com/news/22/thread22465.shtml

I found these articles online, i assume that this company really has this hybrid or some similar hybrid and will revolutionize outdoor guerrilla farming and cannabis as whole , or that this "hybrid" is bullshit propaganda and its some scamming company trying to capitalize on misinformation and peoples blind faith in the big media, if you ask me this "hybrid" is probably a commercial indica (short squat growth,60 day flowering times) compared to the sativas they grow there 120 or more days of flower, only one way to find out, maybe someone can contact the company ask maybe for a pack of freebies and do a thorough grow report here on icmag, if this company is legit they will surely love the publicity.

Ganico

Veteran
Mr Celcius- I'm pretty sure that they are just full of shit, from their own admission. And most the reviews of "Pukka" seed co that I've heard have been pretty bad

But you still seem pretty optimistic about it, and the only one with any real amount of hope or faith in this. You should really just buy it and see, man. Seriously, let us know how it turns out.

RED145

Bluebeard said:
Those old hazes could survive mild winters, I've seen some take a frost like a champ with no damage to the floral cycle. In Mazar-I-Sharif, the highest quality hash comes from plants which finish in mid-late december flowering for 16 weeks or more. Mazar-I-Sharif is surprisingly mild considering its 36.5 N latitude and high altitude and I don't think Mazar frequently gets below -4 C, but the plants do frequently go have to be able to handle a freeze to be able to handle the temps in mid december year after year.

Now a deciduous perennial is a different story. I have seen wild seeds from northern latitudes that won't germinate unless frozen for 3-4 months as a natural response to keep plants from germinating at a time when they couldn't complete the life cycle. Also, I have seen plants sprout up after harvest when no leaves or visible shoots were left on it, but that is still a long way from waiting throughout the winter to start producing new growth. I wouldnt completely refuse that a deciduous perennial did exist. I do have some serious doubts though.

I have seen a myriad of traits that are extremely unusual, and not the

Thats what I was thinkin bro,Thanks!Fuck,if they do make a plant like that I would put em out.....right by the oregano and thyme patch!! :wave:

Who the hell riled Huff all up!!lol

Last edited:

Ganico

Veteran
Celius- haha, alright man. I'm wasn't trying to argure or anything, just seems like it's obviously bullshit and you seem like the only person who has any faith that it isn't actually just bullshit. That's all I was saying

HuffAndPuff

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

OMFG, tell me this is a joke! Mr. Celsius, did you check those links out? I knew exactly what they were going to be before I clicked on them. Guess what? Those stories are also, without a doubt, bullshit. It is called government propaganda.

Come on, now. It is very simple. In the real world, the Mexican police are more corrupt than US politicians. They take bribes, and transport/oversee the transport of the majority of drugs down there. To make up for that, they have to do something. In come these smoke and mirrors. "we're not making any progress, because the plants have mutated, senior. They cannot be killed, but geeeve us more monies and we can try......"

I like that you were so quick to jump on it, though. "SEE! I WAS RIGHT!" BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Too funny....

Oh, and Red, blame the guy I was just talking to. I have decided that I am no longer suffering any fool's bullshit. Furthermore, I have decided that I am not going to give up on them, either. So I am going to bash the knowledge into their heads with a sledgehammer, if need be. People cannot continue to go on like that. DOES ANY BODY GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE RULES?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? OVER THE LINE!!!!!!!!! Now somebody bring me Yummybud, he's next on the list!

HuffAndPuff

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Pukka seeds is misleading the public, by their definition any Cannabis is perennial, just plant a bunch of seeds and if they finish and set seed leave the plant and some will fall to the ground, some will sprout the next year for sure. Where ever I make seeds the same thing happens even if I remove the plants, next year volunteers.
If the plant is hermi, or monoecious it just makes the job easier, but it is not a perennial.
BTW I have checked out claims of perennial plants and they are not true. When a plant flowers it then dies, both male and females. I know you can regenerate some flowered plants, with different degrees of success, Sativas are easier, but that requires long light hours not short like in winter outdoors. I have never seen a Cannabis root come back the next year and I have seen Cannabis grown in over 100 countries, for both industrial and drug use. None ever claimed to have roots that grew back. In Nepal, Colombia, Mexico, Jamaica, the story was that Cannabis stayed alive for years and years, but no one has ever shown me a plant that is this way. All the plants I checked were less then one year old for sure. It is easy to see a plant that has lived for more then one year under natural photoperiods, the story is in the branching and flowering. In Nepal I found plants that were over 25 feet tall and the locals said they grew of years, but in the winter they die off and are replaced with new seedlings in the same spot, so the locals think it is the same plants as the year before.

Mr Celsius,
Desire to have something true does not make it true.

-SamS

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
EddieShoestring said:
No it doesn't mate-in sarf LDN you are close to Esoterics world HQ-drop in and share you're concerns with them if it's bothering you;)

who is this genius breeder at Pukka/DoggieNutz anyway?
eddie

Yeah I could...But I dont believe they would be any more perrenial than any other strains so I have no Real concern about it. I was just making the point that wild weed everywhere probably isn't that great an idea anyway since all good drug cultivars are obviously cultivated by man and thats why they are potent in the first place.I have heard a little too many stories about Esoterics and customers getting followed etc,so I might just leave any visits to them out of my schedule for the moment anyhow ;}

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
Sam_Skunkman said:
Pukka seeds is misleading the public, by their definition any Cannabis is perennial, just plant a bunch of seeds and if they finish and set seed leave the plant and some will fall to the ground, some will sprout the next year for sure. Where ever I make seeds the same thing happens even if I remove the plants, next year volunteers.
If the plant is hermi, or monoecious it just makes the job easier, but it is not a perennial.
BTW I have checked out claims of perennial plants and they are not true. When a plant flowers it then dies, both male and females. I know you can regenerate some flowered plants, with different degrees of success, Sativas are easier, but that requires long light hours not short like in winter outdoors. I have never seen a Cannabis root come back the next year and I have seen Cannabis grown in over 100 countries, for both industrial and drug use. None ever claimed to have roots that grew back. In Nepal, Colombia, Mexico, Jamaica, the story was that Cannabis stayed alive for years and years, but no one has ever shown me a plant that is this way. All the plants I checked were less then one year old for sure. It is easy to see a plant that has lived for more then one year under natural photoperiods, the story is in the branching and flowering. In Nepal I found plants that were over 25 feet tall and the locals said they grew of years, but in the winter they die off and are replaced with new seedlings in the same spot, so the locals think it is the same plants as the year before.

Mr Celsius,
Desire to have something true does not make it true.

-SamS

Well that does it. Sam says it ain't true, therefor I'm a firm believer it ain't true.

I completely agree that a desire for something does not make it true. This must also be balance with the dare to dream.

Anyways, thanks for clearing it up Sam, I pretty much respect anything you have to say about cannabis and genetics and as far as I'm concerned you're the last word on breeding. (BTW there isn't one quark of sarcasm in anything I stated in this post).

BonsaiBud

Well, it caught my eye, I read the whole thread. I want so much to believe. But I don't.
My climate would kill it. Hard freezes at random times through out winter; days in February when the temp is in the 70s F. Lowryder#2 did deliver on its promises. I will try it again once I set up my male containment box. I've got plans for a box with 4 separate male chambers. Lowryder#2 would be great to grow when your regular plants are in veg.

As they say on the internet: pics or it didn't happen.
We need a complete grow diary with pics which include thermometers, GPS readings, times, and dates.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shit is getting deeper...
These bastards use one of my DC pics to sell Lowryder 2:
http://ibizagrowshop.com/big-bad-auto-floración-p-334.html?zenid=36ce31e48173569e313289b1bc653ea4

7287P1010182-med1.jpg